Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th April 2006, 06:06 AM
Suspended.

Anzac day
Ascot
The changing weather and track cond't. never helped yesterday.

R6/3 Calico Blu [2nd$1.60]

Eagle Farm
R5/9 Solid As A Rock [4th]

Flemington [slow easing to dead later]

Ranwick-Kensington [dead for the races 7,8 selected and one of them scratched anyway]

Swan Hill
R8/7 Britain Drive [4th]

Victoria Park
R7/2 Any Dane Now [scr.]
Old 26th April 2006, 06:49 AM
Suspended.

Wed. 26th.

Bunbury [both selections at this track are OK for good or dead]
R4/3 Mimicry (9) 54.5 5yo b m (B V Watkins at Capel) J Claite
R6/7 Highway Thunder (5) 53.0 4yo b m (Ms A J Smith at Wagin) M R Forder

Doomben
R6/2 Down To Earth (NZ) (5) 55.5 4yo br g (T M Whittington at Gold Coast) G Colless
R7/5 Mikdar (1) 56.5 4yo b m (B R Bowditch at Gold Coast)
Old 26th April 2006, 07:10 PM
Suspended.

Bunbury
R4/3 Mimicry (9) 54.5 5yo b m (B V Watkins at Capel) J Claite [$1.40p]
R6/7 Highway Thunder (5) 53.0 4yo b m (Ms A J Smith at Wagin) M R Forder [outside the pp range] No bet

Doomben
R6/2 Down To Earth (NZ) (5) 55.5 4yo br g (T M Whittington at Gold Coast) G Colless [scr]
R7/5 Mikdar (1) 56.5 4yo b m (B R Bowditch at Gold Coast) [outside the pp range] No bet

Too many selections are comming up for horses outside the 3rd line of betting rule [odds range].

I think the rules need a bit of a look as they don't seem to be working togeather as well as they should. A last start odds rule might be needed or something.
Old 26th April 2006, 08:52 PM

Smile

crash, its working,

today i only had one sr7-6 1st $4.60. #5 was scratched

Crash I may be thick in the head been a brake and all, but last dec i was given a racing book to read then i learnt what c1,c2 etc meant..!! then i was told the other month what the weight of apprentice means. another da, then your rule number 4, now number 5- 5) Pe-post on the first 3 betting lines only [newspaper or whatever,] I though this meant 3rd fav in paper. da again.
so sticking to the org rules, rule #4 3rd fav in paper, it has given me this result, the commi is also working well
cheers crash.
so far since saturday
metro 5r x 3w $12.50
prov 4r x 1w $6.10
country 2r x 1w $4.30

Last edited by feather : 26th April 2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 27th April 2006, 05:57 AM
Suspended.

Feather,

Don't worry about the 'brake' business, no disadvantage there, but a couple of system 'rule' points should be cleared up for handy future use.

[quote] "today i only had one sr7-6 1st $4.60. #5 was scratched".

A [S] 'spell' is a min. of 30 days. Some [older] circles consider it 3 mths. and anything less a 'freshen-up', but 30 days is the shortest period that can be considered a spell and is general excepted nowadays as the common standard by most formguides and punters. Which Newspaper do you use by the way?

The scratched runner [5] Cavalier King has had 5 runs in before it was scratched yesterday and runner [6] Calaluna your above selection has had 8 runs in since it's last spell.
Either your newspaper's formguide is out of whack or you ignoring the 4th start in from a spell rule from the original rules you are fol???ing. Apart from all that, wasn't Sydney a 'dead', not a 'good' track yesterday?

Also, 'Must be on the 3rd pp betting line' is not the same as 'the third favorite'. There can be any number of horses on any betting line including more than one runner on the 1st betting line. A betting line is a price not a number, so the shortest price is the 1st. betting line, the 2nd. shortest price is the second betting line etc. and so on up in price lines. Except for a few outsiders, 5 to 7 betting lines often cover a 14 horse field.

If you were looking for the 3rd. favorite pp and there was say 1 runner at 3.50 [1st betting line] and 2 at $5 [2nd line] and 2 more at $7 [3rd line] etc., neither of the runners on the 3rd. betting line could possibly be the 3rd pp favorite!
If 'must be the 3rd pp fav.' was a system rule for the example I just mentioned, it would be the horse on the 2nd betting line with the largest TAB number, the runner with the smaller No.would be the 2nd, fav.. That is generally [accepted] as how you sort out the order on different betting lines. It's full of holes because we are talking pp not sp. TAB no 3 at $5 doesn't necessarily have a better wining chance than TAB no 10 at $5 for all sorts of reasons, but because the class of horses in a race is generally arranged from the top [TAB no 1] down, No. 3 would be considered 2nd.pp fav., not No.10 even though they are both the same pp price. The ???est No. runner on the 3rd. line [$7] would be the 4th pp fav. etc.

How many of your winning selections actually passed the original rules I don't know, but your obviously doing something right by ignoring some of them :-)

Last edited by crash : 27th April 2006 at 06:26 AM.
Old 27th April 2006, 07:11 AM
Suspended.

Original rules:

....................Newspaper and Coffee......................

1) No Maidens, 2yr. olds, hurdles, stakes, cups, or group races
2) 3 to 6 yr olds racing on a good track only
3) No more than 100m down or 200m up in distance
4) Pe-post on the first 3 betting lines only [newspaper or whatever]
5) Must be the 4th start in from a spell only
6) Last start on the same day of the week 7 or 14 days ago
7) Must have won at the track or distance
8) Wed. or Sat. Metro only
9) If more than 1 selection, choose the smaller TAB number
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest rules [today]:

..................Newspaper and Coffee......................

1) No Maidens, 2yr. olds, hurdles, stakes, cups, or group races.
2) Distance 1100m to 2050m on a good track only.
3) 3 to 5 yr olds only and not a female against a male.
5) Last start 16 days or less or for Wed. or Sat. meetings, 7 or 14 days only.
6) Must be the 3rd or 4th start in from a spell and have won or placed in one of them.
7) No more than 100m down in distance or 100m up unless won or placed at futher distance.
8) Must have run at distance [+/-50m] and placed at the distance within 3 runs at distance and won at distance within 5 runs..
9) Must have placed at track within 3 runs there and won at track within 5 runs there.
10) Pe-post on the first 3 betting lines only [newspaper or whatever].
11) If more than 1 selection choose the runner with the inside barrier.

I generally use: http://www.tabform.thewest.com.au/j.../TFFrameset.jsp for PP odds [often not available until after 9am for minor race days], because I read the Age newspaper, which has only the local Vic. meetings odds except Sat. meetings.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The expanded distance and track rules avoid a won at the track horse but who has had more than 5 starts at the distance with no wins and more than 3 starts without placing.
Also, avoids a runner that has won at or placed at the distance, but has had more than 5 starts at the track with no wins and more than 3 starts without placing.

Last edited by crash : 27th April 2006 at 07:19 AM.
Old 27th April 2006, 12:20 PM
Suspended.

Thurs. 27th.
Graldton
R6/1 - x214 Miracle Fred (3) 58.04yo b g (P J Daly at Carnarvon) P Farrell
Old 27th April 2006, 08:23 PM
Suspended.

Graldton
R6/1 - x214 Miracle Fred [w$1.90 p$1.10]
Old 28th April 2006, 08:50 AM
Suspended.

Friday 28th possible system selections [check pp odds and weather]

Queanbeyan
R5/2 Stay Leica Dane (7) 56.05yo b g (W G Davey at Moruya) S Pollard
Sandown
R3/8 Rough Night (8) 54.03yo b g (M J Ellerton at Flemington) S Baster
R5/3 Warshawsky (10) 56.53yo b f (P G Moody at Caulfield)

Cheers.
Old 28th April 2006, 03:56 PM
Suspended.

Friday 28th possible system selections

Queanbeyan
3.08pm. R5/2 Stay Leica Dane (7) 56.05yo b g (W G Davey at Moruya) S Pollard [unp]
Sandown
1.43pm. R3/8 Rough Night (8) 54.03yo b g (M J Ellerton at Flemington) S Baster [$7.10p]
R5/3 Warshawsky (10) 56.53yo b f (P G Moody at Caulfield) [$1.30p]