Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th April 2006, 03:33 AM
Suspended.

Default The best bang for your buck please gentleman???

I'm re-thinking my current bet placement and strategy that has drifted into 'fairly slack'. IAS mostly for place and e/w bets and Stab for win bets [mostly] and a bit of convince when I need it, like being out and about but close to a TAB.

OK, the scenario is a 56k modem speed as a base median, not cable. Think SLOW! Generally there is no time to check prices up to the last minute and put bets on across 3 or 4 different accounts. However, 70% of my bets go on well before the jump if I know I'm not backing the probable favorite, so in that instance time isn't important. But 30% of the time it is.

Goal: Max odds overall and must except bets from $5 to $500.

1. Best account for the place only and why ?
2. Ditto above but for win only ?
3. Ditto above but for e/w ?

There might be one account that is best for all, but I doubt it. Please let me know what your experience is for best value or what your strategy would be if more than 1 account was being used . Remember: Slow modem and to make a phone bet the Internet connection must be terminated, so phone bets are often useless.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited by crash : 29th April 2006 at 03:46 AM.
Old 29th April 2006, 06:57 AM

1st move ....
Get Cable
Old 29th April 2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Goal: Max odds overall and must except bets from $5 to $500.

1. Best account for the place only and why ?
2. Ditto above but for win only ?
3. Ditto above but for e/w ?

There might be one account that is best for all, but I doubt it. Please let me know what your experience is for best value or what your strategy would be if more than 1 account was being used . Remember: Slow modem and to make a phone bet the Internet connection must be terminated, so phone bets are often useless. Thanks for any thoughts.

Likewise if you can get cable then do so, also get yourself a mobile if possible.

Notwithstanding, probably the best is Sportsbet - they are the only onshore corporate bookie who offers best of the three totes on metro races for both WIN and importantly in your case PLACE. They also top fluctuation betting as well.
Old 29th April 2006, 10:20 AM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydyboy
1st move ....
Get Cable

If I could get cable I would. I [obviously] live in a small country town where motor cars still draw a crowd:-)

Mobile coverage [yes I have one] is often very patchy on Saturdays if I'm out and about in the afternoon, which sometimes means from the Dargo pub to friends on farms [with computers I often use but don't like to use their telephone and I would have to disconnect from the INTERNET to do so anyway] anywhere within 150ks in from the coast in the Vic. high country.
Heck, sometimes I'm even roaming around on a horse [a slow one] !!

La Mer,
Thanks for the sportsbet info. I will check them out. Problem with IAS is they offer best of 2 [only] TAB's and I'm sick of seeing the 3rd. TAB with a much better price. Especially for the place where it really counts.

Last edited by crash : 29th April 2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 29th April 2006, 12:30 PM
Suspended.

Hmmm, Sucker me. I opened a sportsbet account and naturally maximized the free bet offer of 20% of new member deposit. All well and good EXCEPT do you think I can find the 'free bet' button on ANY of the races I want to bet on? Not on your nelly. I guess If I pick a maiden race on a heavy track with 16 runners it will FINALLY come up so I can have my 'free' bet :-) R4 in Brisbane today? No Way!

Also the bells and whistles of 'best of three totes, I'm not sure if that is offered during the week or at country tracks[?] Any other 'down side' of this agency I should know about?

Last edited by crash : 29th April 2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 29th April 2006, 01:10 PM

The free bet button will apear on races they choose so you may have to wait until the weekend and yes you are correct they don't offer best of three on place tote at country and provincial races but the best of two excludes unitab i guess we can't have the best of everything but it is a lot better than some.
Old 29th April 2006, 01:55 PM
Suspended.

Thumbs up

Well I love the site now.
The 'free bet' button finally came up in R3 Brisbane and I thought 'well it's free', so on went my system bet for the system I'm following today [this page] for R3 Brisbane:

'Eagle Farm
R3/11 Mr Hornblower (1) 53.0 4yo b g (Ms T Green at Doomben) A Pattillo' WIN. WIN. WIN !!

$200 @ $6.40 = $1280 THANK YOU VERY MUCH SPORTSBET !!!

Thank you very much La Mer for putting me onto them [your commission is in the mail] :-)

Last edited by crash : 29th April 2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 29th April 2006, 07:30 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Well I love the site now.
The 'free bet' button finally came up in R3 Brisbane and I thought 'well it's free', so on went my system bet for the system I'm following today [this page] for R3 Brisbane:

'Eagle Farm
R3/11 Mr Hornblower (1) 53.0 4yo b g (Ms T Green at Doomben) A Pattillo' WIN. WIN. WIN !!

$200 @ $6.40 = $1280 THANK YOU VERY MUCH SPORTSBET !!!

Thank you very much La Mer for putting me onto them [your commission is in the mail] :-)

Well done Crash. I did state that the best of the three totes was for metro race, non-metro it's the best of SuperTab or RaceTab (as pointed out by by Shaun).

Just how good is the best of the three totes, very, very good & I'm not sure just how long this option will be available.

Example: I liked Robotic in the last @ Ascot - was fishing for a price on Betfair when I noticed a distortion in the three totes & went with that option. Result Robotic won, SP'ing @ $3.40 (after a late plunge) TF (Top fluc) was $3.80, BOTTT (Best of the three totes) $4.80!!! a whopping full unit over the TF. Can't ask for much more than that.
Old 29th April 2006, 07:35 PM

Best bang for your buck??

That takes me back. Good old B&S balls in country towns where people like Crash ride around on horseback nude, and the women play pool and punch on...
Old 29th April 2006, 07:42 PM
Suspended.

La Mer,

I backed Party's Air Ace in WA ['Party's Crash Challenge'] for a 'bit and a half' for the win [poor ************ it paid $1.10 for his place bet] as when I checked the race to see if it had run there was nothing near it odds wise. Easy money [today anyway].

Can you tell me what the 'best of country' odds option means[?] Is it good or should I go super, nsw or what option?

Yes, I am happy with the Sportsbet site. It's quick too .....Thanks.