Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th April 2006, 07:44 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duritz
Best bang for your buck??

That takes me back. Good old B&S balls in country towns where people like Crash ride around on horseback nude, and the women play pool and punch on...

Trust me. They still happen [but I don't get my gear off as often nowadays] !!!
Old 29th April 2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Can you tell me what the 'best of country' odds option means[?] Is it good or should I go super, nsw or what option?

Country option means the best of the two biggest totes SuperTab or RaceTab, which I think overall would be better than the other options for non-metro races.
Old 29th April 2006, 09:58 PM

Just my thoughts, I place half of my bet at "best country price" i.e. best of Supertab & NSW tab, and half at Unitab, this way you're guaranteed to have a return better than "ave. of 3" i.e. you've always got at least half your stake on the best of 3. one way or the other.
Old 30th April 2006, 05:31 AM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Just my thoughts, I place half of my bet at "best country price" i.e. best of Supertab & NSW tab, and half at Unitab, this way you're guaranteed to have a return better than "ave. of 3" i.e. you've always got at least half your stake on the best of 3. one way or the other.

That a great idea Party. I wasn't completely happy about the compromises for country meeting [a lot of my bets]. I thought well, it's all swings and slides in the end and I'm not really going to be any better off than I was with AIS, overall. I will do the 50% 50% thing as you suggest and it should make a bit of a difference long term. 50% at best price is better than zero. Thanks.
Old 30th April 2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Sportbet has results pages so it is quite easy to verify the correct strategy.

By my calculations on April 28, UniTab only returned 90.3% of the "Best non-UniTab".

So going to the trouble of averaging reduces your return by ~5%.
Old 30th April 2006, 12:10 PM

jfc, no time to the calculations today, but your post is worrying as it is the exact opposite of my findings LONG TERM, but you don't mean averaging by adding up the 3 totes and then dividing by 3 do you? as this definitly reduces the divi. I only back for the place at Ascot and every week for as long as I made records it was better to bet half at best odds and half at uni, though I haven't done the calculations for yesterday yet.
Old 30th April 2006, 12:33 PM

This is the mob I'm with. Simply give you the best of the three totes. And a 200 dollar starting amount.

betezy.com

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 30th April 2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 30th April 2006, 01:08 PM

jfc and all, really busy today, but was intrigued by those mathes, so did a quick calculation at Perth for yesterday, places only unitab returned 54.75, and doing it the way I said i.e. half at best tote half at unitab returned 55.7, only a bout 2% difference, but the RIGHT way, so not sure about your figures, or maybe it is something particular to Perth????

Manygeese, Are you sure they pay best of 3 totes FOR THE PLACE ONLY??? and at country tracks?
Old 30th April 2006, 01:46 PM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manygeese
This is the mob I'm with. Simply give you the best of the three totes. And a 200 dollar starting amount.

http://www.betezy.com/

Sat. Metro only, or all meetings all days win and place [only as well as ew]? That would be the 'simply' I like, but I very much doubt it :-)
Old 30th April 2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
jfc and all, really busy today, but was intrigued by those mathes, so did a quick calculation at Perth for yesterday, places only unitab returned 54.75, and doing it the way I said i.e. half at best tote half at unitab returned 55.7, only a bout 2% difference, but the RIGHT way, so not sure about your figures, or maybe it is something particular to Perth????

PP,

Coincidentally I also tried that Ascot Place exercise in an effort to stop dwelling on that Dockers' fiasco.

$54.70 = Unitab
$57.50 = Best of non-UniTab = 5.1% better

That suggests that merely sticking with Best of NSW, VIC is superior to averaging.