Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th December 2006, 05:59 PM

Still can't open it !!!.............and won't bother.
Old 20th December 2006, 06:05 PM
odericko

just got home from work decided to have a look at this new tool and so far it gave out wyong race 8 numbers 3, 4 5, 8 and ascot 2, 4 5, 11 ..i dont know what you people were looking at but i was observing the green.. and all i can sy so far is wow....what a tool.....ty betfair
Old 20th December 2006, 07:20 PM

I can't get it to work after installing the complete toolkit either. It just goes to the same page and goes blank.

For those that can get it to work, I don't think you're looking at enough of it's other features apart from odds. It also displays form, and history of prices.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 20th December 2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****************
just got home from work decided to have a look at this new tool and so far it gave out wyong race 8 numbers 3, 4 5, 8 and ascot 2, 4 5, 11 ..i dont know what you people were looking at but i was observing the green.. and all i can sy so far is wow....what a tool.....ty betfair

****************. Do you have it set to "Highest TAB Price" when your looking at the green? That's the default I think.

Others. Have had no prob's installing on desktop and notebook. WinXP and WinXP Tablet Edition. Poo's its pants a bit if you don't have internet access when you start it up, or if you're behind a proxy.
Old 21st December 2006, 08:01 AM

The predominant impression I've gained from here and elsewhere is that no poster has actually managed to figure how to gain anything useful from this tool.

Frankly I don't believe this is entirely the tool's fault.

Why has no one else bothered investigating the historical data it provides?

By my rough calculations, for the 176 races from Saturday to Tuesday, Betfair beat all the 3 TABs 70 times.

That is for 40% of races the winner paid best on Betfair.

As opposed to the expected 25% if there was no advantage between the 4.

In other words Betfair won 60% more than its fair share.

Makes me wonder about those who claim that "overs" rarely win on Betfair. Could the fabled prism of self-interest be clouding their views?

Feel free to run your own tests.
Old 21st December 2006, 08:17 AM

The predominant impression I've gained from here and elsewhere is that no poster has actually managed to figure how to gain anything useful from this tool.

Frankly I don't believe this is entirely the tool's fault.

Why has no one else bothered investigating the historical data it provides?

By my rough calculations, for the 176 races from Saturday to Tuesday, Betfair beat all the 3 TABs 70 times.

That is for 40% of races the winner paid best on Betfair.

As opposed to the expected 25% if there was no advantage between the 4.

In other words Betfair won 60% more than its fair share.

Makes me wonder about those who claim that "overs" rarely win on Betfair. Could the fabled prism of self-interest be clouding their views?

Feel free to run your own tests.
Old 21st December 2006, 11:42 AM

Finally got it working.

You need to reboot the computer for parts of it to install correctly to the registry and the rerun the setup. It now works very well.

I have a feeling that this is the very tip of the iceberg as far as development and look forward to updates.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that the unders on Betfair win and the overs fail to. I'm of the opinion that people who watch the firmers win, are simply taking poor value. It's also been stated around the traps that the country races have more favourites win, this is only with regards to field size and no other reason, so automatically wrong conclusions are drawn. If the average field size at Flemington was less than 10, you'd see more favourites win, but at skinnier prices - the loss is the same.

The only complaint about the tool is that it gives one Betfair price and not the high, low, median, volume etc. I also couldn't find any lay movements.
Other than that, I think it lays the foundations for a really helpful all in one tool.

jfc, I agree that for my part the one touch historical prices and form is definitely a very strong part of the tool.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 21st December 2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 27th December 2006, 11:22 AM

Default High-Low

Now that is the absolute crux of the matter, how do they actually derive at their price, is it the average, the mean, the most backed or layed, or is a price they arbitrarily pick that yields impressive results for them.

How do we know that this is not just marketing hype and that they are not presenting the best possible light on their prices, we REALLY don't know because their price selection methodology is not transparent in this respect.

You could sit there and compare and do the math to 'Keep 'em honest' but that is more trouble than its worth. It would help if they actually spelt out how they derive their price. We know there is a high, low and mean average and we also know that more money is traded at certain price points, which is more important than the high and low figure in my mind.

Then it would also be smart to see which way the trend was forming i.e. the price being supported on the way out (Blowing) or on the way in (Firming). There is a lot more we need to know about the price that Betfair place alongside their name and claim is better than the other Totes.

A final analysis benefit would be to convert all commissions to either the same amount or delete them completely so that each entity had a baseline starting position, then and only then would comparing a betting exchange price to a Pari-mutuel pool make any sense whatsoever.

Yawn, of course you have an obligation to your shareholders (in this case owners) to present your product in the best light possible, that is called advertising, and anyone who believes in a companies self advertising is simply not too bright.
Old 27th December 2006, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwag
It would help if they actually spelt out how they derive their price.
Umm, well they have. It's the last traded price. Just can't find where I read that.

The tool needs alot of work and can't really be used for anything seriously as it is.

Last edited by AngryPixie : 27th December 2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 27th December 2006, 12:12 PM