Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th December 2007, 09:40 PM

Good point Iomaca,

How many cannot lose scenarios have turned out to be lemons or wolves in sheeps clothing.
However, any time or place you can lay more than one horse in the same race at odds on, means a guaranteed profit, even if they're nose to nose at the finish line.
I know it's probably not as simple in execution, but it just might be and that's a very exciting prospect.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 15th December 2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPixie
Not in running, but you can elect that your bet is not cancelled at the jump. Effectively making it an in running bet. It's a huge leap forward. Hope it's not a mistake

It's actually nothing to do with the SP bit, but the change in the user interface.
Hi Angry Pixie cann't seem to find that not cancelled at the jump box!!
Is it the set sp odds limit box ( tried this box but bets got canceled at the jump)
thanx
Old 16th December 2007, 10:14 AM

Crackone

All I did was fiddle with the options a bit so you can see the FAR and NEAR SP's. The "keep when in running" option was just there. You may not see it in every race though I'm not sure.

Mark

Yes the interface has been slowed down your'e right. I haven't used the Betfair interface for anything other than transferring between wallets, and checking account balances for ages. I use Fairbot for almost everything else. Even with the advances we're taking about, it's much easier to set the position with Fairbot, then go to the Betfair UI to keep the bet's in running. I heard the designer of the new interface say that after alot of market research they realised that the old interface put off many new users. I always found it pretty straight forward myself. Regardless the market changes far outway the extra clicks in my opinion.
Old 16th December 2007, 11:57 AM

AP, I had a look at the new at the interface the other day when I stumbled accross it while laying. Can't say I understood it. I actually ticked the take at the jump option as I assumed the leave in-running option only applied to the UK.
Anyhow, following your post (I havent been online for 2 weeks. Thats how long Telstra got around to fixing my phone line) I thoughy I'd give it a go by following your suggestions. it might not have been the best night to start as I'd been down the pub all arvo. Anthow the results were phenomenal. After waking up this morning I found nearly an extra $500 in my account. I used only minimal $6 bets and the corresponding lays. I had about 12 bets and only one lost ($80) It wasn't matched for the win. All the others were. I couldn't believe the bets that were matched e.g lay 10 back 29!! was common.
I think I owe you a bottle of Johnny Walker.
Any idea where I can research the concept further?
regards
Old 16th December 2007, 03:49 PM

I cannot get the bets to turn inplay.
They are cancelled as soon as they jump
Old 16th December 2007, 07:03 PM

Smile

Worked for me last night, although actually lost a couple of shekels, only token bets at this stage though. Chrome, once you've placed your bets, you have to click on my bets tab and change from cancel at jump to keep. I'm sure you will work it out. I placed lay bets at 1.05 on shorties for about $100 so minimal losses as opposed to the chance for big collects. Many got taken in the last ten seconds of the race, unfortunately they held on.
Old 16th December 2007, 07:38 PM

Dr Ron,

Something just doesn't work for me, I tick keep bets but they just vanish as soon as the race jumps.
With those 1.05 bets, just keep perservering, you will lose a lot of them, but you only need a couple to get done and you'll get back those sheckels
Old 16th December 2007, 07:55 PM

Wink

Chrome, must be some sort of issue with your settings? I am sure you will work it out, as with laying at short odds, as you pointed out previously , near the end of the race if it is close there will be 2 or 3 that are under the 1.50 mark., so i tend to place 3 or 4 bets in the one race at similar odds hoping that the race is close and some of them are taken up. I tend to think the shorter races with a limited odds spread are good ones to invest on as they may provide close finishes which is what I/m hoping for.
Old 16th December 2007, 08:24 PM

Dr Ron,

This might help you, I don't know, but I'll share some research I did with you.

In a fight to the line or a photo, a favourite will nose out a longer priced horse 9 times out of ten.
If a favourite runs a place or is trading at less than $2.00 in running, they win about 80% of races and return a very big profit.

In other words, if a favourite is trading large in running, they rarely win.

So, if you can back a favourite at half it's prerace price in running, it's a damn good bet.
If you can lay a favourite at double it's price in running, it's also a good bet.

The problem arises, that you only want to bet "IF" the price is low in running and they will match if the price is better

So the way I use this information in my research is to lay any horse at big odds at short prices, because more often than not, they'll run out of puff or get overrun. The payout on the ones that win is minimal anyway.

So a good lay is a 20/1 shot trading at $1.50.

$1.01 or $1.05 is a little too short as they are almost to the line in that case.

If I could only match odds on horses if they trade at less than 50% of that price I would be doing extremely well.

As a little bit of proof, if you backed only favourites running in the first three 200m out from the line (thus trading significantly shorter), you'd return 41.93% profit using only TAB prices

20,000 plus races analysed.
Old 16th December 2007, 08:48 PM

Cool

Thanks for that info Chrome, will take it on board, I dare say that if you can overcome your problems in getting your bets kept in running you may make a dollar or two.