Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th July 2008, 12:14 PM

Default Would you tell?

Go - on, the truth????? if you stumbled on that magic system (hey some may well have already done it) would you tell "ANYONE"? or just quietly milk it till you don't need to anymore?
Old 10th July 2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Go - on, the truth????? if you stumbled on that magic system (hey some may well have already done it) would you tell "ANYONE"? or just quietly milk it till you don't need to anymore?

G'day Party., good to see you are back in one piece - hope your hols. were
enjoyable.

No, as unfortunate as that is it's a fact of life - however having had 60 years
of racing from one side or another and knowing how many extrinsics are involved I would be nothing short of astounded to find such an animal
exists, at least long enough to ( "milk it till you don't need to anymore").
Old 10th July 2008, 03:05 PM
Suspended.

Smile

"Milk it until you don't need it anymore" ?

How long is a piece of string?
Old 10th July 2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Why have you got one??? Wouldn't devolge the system but may pass on some tips.
Old 10th July 2008, 05:59 PM

I feel if one shared a system that worked over time , a punter would instinctivly change the rules to to try & improve on it.

The other thing is discipline, not many Punters posses this trait.

This will be seen when the system has a run of outs, which is normal for most plans of attack, this usually rattles most punters , so they usually stop using it.

Put the 2 together & I dont feel the system would ever be over bet, because over time it wont look anything like the original.

Here is an example.
.Target the 3 pre-post Favs in any newspaper or racingandsports & highlight the one that has the best chance of loosing the race.
These 3 generally win 45-55% of all races

. 1300m & more.

.12 runners & less.

.Now that you have worked out who the worst horse is, bet it to win.

I doubt if this idea will ever be over bet.

But to prove to oneself if it can work, start Lay betting each selection & see just how much money one will loose.

The reasoning is , if it is winning logic that is used to select a winner & they dont show a profit, the reasoning is, if one reverses the thought process , one should be in profit.

Cheers.
Old 10th July 2008, 06:14 PM
Suspended.

Bagman,

I like the drift, but how do you work out the horse 'that has the best chance of loosing the race' [?].

The 3rd PP fav. ?

Last edited by crash : 10th July 2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10th July 2008, 11:53 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

I think the horse with the worst Distance @ Track record would be the worst, and if that can't be worked out, then the worst at distance.
Old 11th July 2008, 12:14 AM

an interesting "twist" to this thread, but to answer a specific question........ I have many ideas running at the same time, my no 1 is totally place betting, which I have been doing for 4 years (apart from several 3 months stints abroad) this is currently showing just over 4% POT, but there is no way that I would claim the "holy grail" I am VERY much aware that it could tilt the other way at any moment.

I have also 2 other "plans" showing just over (a tiny amount) break even, even so, I have had 4 round the world trips out of em' FREE inc. hotels & cars.

And the answer is,... NO I can't say how, but I know there are several contributors to this forum who are aware that I am telling you the truth!

Chrome is one of them.

I can't broadcast it, as the loophole may disappear on me.

By the way all my investments are placed at best tote OR top fluc.

So I guess the answer for me is YES I would divulge a certain amount, but I would keep the real secret,...... secret!

Racer, thanks for the welcome back, I had a good rest but gotta admit it's great to be back in OZ, had a blooody horror experience in Spain when I couldn't get any money from the ATMs, but went to a couple race meets in the Philippines which made up for ALL the problems, especially one which was for racing "BUFFALO" I kid you NOT! fantastic stuff!

Last edited by partypooper : 11th July 2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: omission
Old 11th July 2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
especially one which was for racing "BUFFALO" I kid you NOT! fantastic stuff!

Buffalo Phil. then.

I meant to ask you Party re. your final post b'4 you took off to fields afar, you referred to something like your trips were paid for from returns
" Either directly from betting, or indirectly".

It's the "indirectly" that got me wondering if that might be the 'real' earner because place betting won't buy you a suitcase, unless of course the bets are a couple of grand a time and 98% win.
Old 11th July 2008, 01:24 PM

Racer, your inclinations are "close" I would love to spill the beans (just to look like a smart aaaa) but my brain tells me different!

But just to get the grey stuff working consider this, I have a mortgage with a certain company @9%, who write and offer me pre approved a credit card with $20,000 limit, no charge for the first year and 2.99% interest on balance transfers for 9 months.

So I transfer $20,000 and pay it back into my mortgage, the result: the $20,000 costs me $450 interest, and I *save* $1350 interest on my Mortgage. and it's ALL on their money! Now if the offer continues I will repeat as many times as I can, if not I will just cancel the card after 9 months.

What the helll has that got to do with "investing" on horses? you say? well what I'm getting at is; consider the above as a "formula" that's the sort of mental agility you need to suceed.

One final cryptic clue I haven't used one single cent of my money to bet on horses with in 4 years!!!!