Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th December 2004, 03:19 PM
Banned

Wink

& even incorrectly puntz

setting up a spreadsheet to do all the calcs is straightforward enough as its all fairly simple maths, but if someone isnt comfortable with that then why not pay?, gets the job done no?
Old 29th December 2004, 03:47 PM
puntz

Talking

Firstly, to management, I am surely not going to be posting much due to the fact your stupid updated forum does not allow me to have the firewall active nor can i use MY choice of web browser to log in and stay logged in, so to hell with your advertising **** and this cookie syndrome. There is no compromise, I am the "customer" !!

Secondly, if anyonwe wants to discuss this topic any further without compromising their choice of intertnet browsing by lowering security standards, ( mine are high) then leave an email address to be contacted, and be prepared to to send me you selections ( 3 per race), and I will prove what a correctly set up hedge can do.
There is no way it will ever be posted here. But, yes it can be done correctly, and extremely accurately.

The spreadheet method is only the start, as i mentioned before, to punt and to hedge properly, forget spreadsheets, the only use a spreadsheet has is prototype stuff for programmers to view YOUR proof of the calculation, the rest gets programmed.

Hence my previous posts on a all out project for a free downloadable program with plug-ins that universaly fit from the various software vendors and/or backyarders.
This topic keeps going around and around in circles, kind of get's dizzy at times, specialy at this time of the year !
Old 29th December 2004, 06:02 PM
Banned

well puntz i manage to 'hedge' properly & i use a spreadsheet to assist me to do so - the entire process is as automated as i can possibly make it & having put a fair amount of thought into it all i cannot see how the use of any software package could enable me to do the job any better (unless of course it can pick the winners for me ).

i recall now your previous discusions on plugins etc & of course like many here would be more than interested to test any product that evolves.

btw the above is not a critisism, probably all i am trying to say is that where there is a will there is a way.

Last edited by stugots : 29th December 2004 at 06:05 PM.
Old 29th December 2004, 06:21 PM
puntz

Talking

Stugs. no not all taken as critiscm.
All I am saying is, to hedge and to make a system cycle with a goal to eliminate as many mouse cliks as possible, then yes, one has to think it thru.
Some use spreadhseets and stop there, for me where the spreadsheet ended the basic calculations, it went to program. The potential a program can do is vast at the very least.
Problem is, a punter has to learn to program and the programer has to learn to punt.
Once it meets in the middle, well, guess that's why we still here debating the issue.
I KNOW exactly what I want a program to do as a punter.
A programmer/s knows it to !
Solution: ??
Old 1st January 2005, 06:56 AM
OZmium Support

Why hello puntz,

I'll provide responses beneath each of your paragraphs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntz
Firstly, to management, I am surely not going to be posting much due to the fact your stupid updated forum does not allow me to have the firewall active nor can i use MY choice of web browser to log in and stay logged in, so to hell with your advertising **** and this cookie syndrome. There is no compromise, I am the "customer" !!
There are no posting requirements and as such there are no penalties for not posting. It is entirely everyone's own perogative as to whether or not they post. If you feel that you are not going to post then so be it.

As for the issues you are having with your firewall, advertising **** and your choice of internet browsing with high security, let me start with your firewall.

Your firewall should have no bearing as to your ability to access the forums as they use nothing beyond the standard HTTP protocol over port 80. Your firewall could have additional features or personal configuration which may potentially inhibit your ability to access the forums but I don't see why it would be setup in such a way. I personally run a hardware based firewall and a software firewall. Both have complex configurations that do not affect my ability to use the forums, nor am I required to disable them. What firewall are you using?

With regards to your comment about advertising **** I'm a little stumped. Currently there are no more than 2 ads per page, with one being a banner image and the other a brief text ad. The advertising does not require cookies and should not be causing you any trouble.

What seems to be the trouble that you are experiencing with our advertising?

Quote:
Secondly, if anyonwe wants to discuss this topic any further without compromising their choice of intertnet browsing by lowering security standards, ( mine are high) then leave an email address to be contacted, and be prepared to to send me you selections ( 3 per race), and I will prove what a correctly set up hedge can do.
Cookies are a fact of life and will be for a long time to come. They can store various bits of information that do not necessarily need to be considered a security risk. What web browser do you use?

If you're security conscious you wouldn't be using IE and would be better off with something like Netscape or Firefox with the latter probably being the best choice.

I personally use Firefox but test every page with the 4 main browsers; IE, Netscape, Opera and Firefox.

In each of those cases you can manually setup a cookie override setting to allow cookies from forums.ozmium.com.au. If you are using IE you will find that the forums work perfectly fine with the Medium High security setting and no cookie override settings.

It is disappointing that you didn't submit an email via the contact us link and resorted to this post instead.

I am willing to liase with you to work through these concerns. Please contact me at support@ozmium.com.au.

Kindest Regards,

NOTE: All posts are my personal comments which may not be the view of OZmium Management.
Old 1st January 2005, 07:03 AM
OZmium Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
whhhooo major bb alert - check out -

but only if you like to express your opinion,

hello & goodbye
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year stugots,

What seems to be the trouble?

Many people express their opinions within these forums. I will certainly agree that some posts get moderated but that occurs when they breach the Terms of Use. The Terms of Use are there to guide users and to protect OZmium.

We do run a business and like everyone else work to make sure that our members get the best. Obviously it is not in our best interest to have posts promoting our competition. If you have negative comments and feedback we are more than happy to take it on board and see what we can do to enhance the experience for everyone. These comments are best brought to our attention via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

We do sometimes post requesting feedback, comments and suggestions but at the same time need to try and keep things positive and not just a whinging match because someone doesn't like the range of smilies or avatars that we have available.

I'm happy to discuss this further and can be contacted via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or via email at support@ozmium.com.au.

Kindest Regards,

NOTE: All posts are my personal comments which may not be the view of OZmium Management.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 1st January 2005 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Link to competitor site removed from the quote.
Old 2nd January 2005, 11:38 AM
puntz

Rikki, email sent.

Stugs,
The programs on offer for sale or lease can be used either way like your "as automated as can be" spreadsheets,for tools to further develop where the spreadsheet ends it's limited functions, or, like many and myself, to do what it's capable within it's range. Whether it be simple maths, or send a bet.

The program that takes over from the spreadsheet as mentioned in that previous post is not a package. It's more or less a solution for the many and varied punters requirements to punt, be it spreadhseet or programmed ( it may cater for both).
But the punter, who wants to punt using programs/software needs to undederstand now, they have to learn some programming (not to create programs) to code superior programs to utilze their functions.
The biggest advantage is, the punters own claculations stay secret.

Testing is not required to see if the program "wins".The win is in the punter who configures the program/tool to work the calculations
In other words,tedious and repetitive tasks are taken care of according to how the user of the program directs it to do so.
Whats there to test then, the punters calculations, or the programs ability to crunch the numbers/calculations?

In answer to jimdegriz original question,on staking plans for hedge,I have answered it already, "it can be done,correctly".

Stugs, so we back to square 1.
How the calculation and staking is done is not the issue if it's done by spreadsheet or other advanced methods, correctly or incorrectly.
The question is, is there a staking plan for hedge ?
In addition to my first answer, "correctly" is not about the mathematics of a hedge calculation, it's about applying that calculation after it's been calculated. The strategy of those sums, or,"how you play the game"
This is where punters might win or break, and no computer/program/programmer,the whole dam human race for that matter can ever say they have a "better" method to win.
Programs give an edge to the strategy.
Old 3rd January 2005, 03:48 PM
OZmium Support

Quote:
Rikki, email sent.

Sorry puntz but it never arrived and I cannot find anything in the mail logs on the server.

Kindest Regards,

Old 4th January 2005, 07:55 PM
puntz

rik
resent, email typo error
Old 4th January 2005, 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=puntz]Firstly, to management, There is no compromise, I am the "customer" !!

You got a hide, puntz. Your the customer are you? Well how about telling us how much youve paid to access this forum? As a "customer" have you paid the business running this show anything?