Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th June 2011, 07:42 PM

I think their small print would more than cover them.

My beef is that if they knew about it, they should have been up front and stated this or withdrew this option. Like you in the blink of an eye I lost not an insignificant amount as well. The mind boggles at the amount probably lost Australia wide, which has been put down to "gremlins".

Fred
Old 6th June 2011, 09:58 PM

Sorry for bringing it back to the forefront guys. I am the sort of person that when I find something that works I let everyone know so they can enjoy the benefits but I can understand that soon after the benefits die off.
Old 7th June 2011, 04:46 AM

Hi Max.
I hope you make good profits from it.

I don't mind you bringing it to the fore.

After all, that's what this forum is about, sharing ideas.

One may have noticed that the 3rd favs that did not win, still had good prices.
How come their price didn't get smashed?

On many of the UK sites , there are pages & pages, headed up with say "My favourite system" but they say nothing about their system , just heaps of tips from everyone, all over the place.
Its a mess.
They don't seem to like sharing anything.

With pages & pages & pages & pages about nothing in particular,
fearful that they may give something away.

I love it where they post...
"I have a system that makes big money every day , but I am not going to share it here."
So why say it?
Old 7th June 2011, 07:58 AM

Actually funny you should say that. I will go back through my testing period and run the numbers for each way bets, 1 and 4 bets and 1 and 9 bets and see how they go.

I was using a staking plan of 2,2,3,3,4,6 for 20 units total per day. I found that 1 unit on each race actually gives a better % return overall. Strange. I guess because there has been 2 loss days in the 6 days I have tested to date and that wipes you out from your profit. I am also tracking 2% of bank. I will keep going with this as I think it should deliver over time. I will try to stop myself from applying filters as you said because a lot of the time the short price fav loses and gives you good returns on 3rd fav.

At this stage I have been looking as CLOSED favourites but really want to concentrate on 5mins prior as that is what I would be doing in the real world.

Is 5mins what you suggest Bhagwan?
Old 7th June 2011, 09:02 AM

5 min sounds as good as anything else.

Which market are you taking the prices from e.g. Betfair . UniTAB, IAS
Old 7th June 2011, 11:28 AM

Unitab as I am unfamiliar with any others.
Old 8th June 2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
Hi Mattio,

Sorry, but can I ask why you wish to email me with questions, that cant be asked on this public forum.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a forum?

Or is it something special ?
Hi Bhagwan,

I just wanted your feedback on a couple of things relating to the bot I am buiding as I respect your knowledge in this area.

Regarding the topic at hand, have you noticed a fallover in the UK results for this system the last few nights? I have had 4 straight losing nights, have you been getting the same results?

Cheers,

Mat.
Old 8th June 2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattio
Hi Bhagwan,

Regarding the topic at hand, have you noticed a fallover in the UK results for this system the last few nights? I have had 4 straight losing nights, have you been getting the same results?

Cheers,

Mat.

Mat Hi
Was this 4 nights straight that the 3rd fav did not get up at all in the first six races? Or was it 4 nights that a profit was not made. The strike rate for this should be 85% on a daily basis. Maximum run of outs should be 4. The strike rate of the 3rd fav is about 15% which the run of outs is 42. This is negated by the breakup of the run. The system is based on serendipity and if we are prepared to take the serendipity we must also wear the downside. Keep on keeping on. When Ocho was trailling this I was getting a different and better result from him using the tote to select the 3rd fav at 1 minute to go and then backing that horse on Betfair. My opinion is that the tote is the truer measure of public opinion as it reflects how much is bet on that horse compared with the field. Betfair reflects how much the public is prepared to back that horse individually.
Beton
Old 8th June 2011, 07:21 PM

Hi Beton,

Yes last 4 nights in a row it has not found a winner in the first 6 races. Last Wednesday was the first night, it found a winner in race 1, Thursday night it found a winner in race 1, Friday night my laptop crashed so no bets and then Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights have all had 6 losers.

It has been frustrating as the Aus races have been performing well but last month (well the last 2 weeks when I started betting the system) the UK races outperformed the Aus races by almost double. Statistically I know it will turn around so I am looking forward to a winning run which will hopefully start tonight.

My betting from last month showed a 72% daily S/R and and individual S/R of 17%, so far this month my daily S/R is 57% (due to the UK results) and individual S/R of 18% which definitely indicates that it could be at the bottom end of the performance scale at the moment.

I have no intention of stopping betting the system and I am happy to ride out the bad times as well as enjoy the good times so no worries there. Can I ask how your results compared overall to what Ocho found?

Cheers,

Mat.
Old 8th June 2011, 08:00 PM

Mat
Sorry I suffer from graphoriaphobia. I don't keep records. I am either winning or not. If I am not winning I work out whether I am doing something wrong and fix it or desert ship. Comparing my results daily to Ocho's I had less wiped days, and in several cases got the winner earlier than him. Having said that most days were similar. The period was before I got a bot which is required to do the system,
Beton