Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd February 2003, 08:09 PM

This system keeps defying the stats with at least two good winners today including Silver Birch under a huge weight (some 6 kilos handicap) on a soft track and Yallah Stinger giving 3 kilos.

Well done Angel, hope you were on them for a fortune!
Old 23rd February 2003, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Hi Becareful,
I have checked the Teletext but can not find the QTab Ratings.Could you advise as to where I might find them please.
Best Wishes,
Ron

nald50@yahoo.com

On 2003-02-21 08:33, becareful wrote:
Here is a variation on the 2nd topweight theme - it has shown a profit 19 out of the last 24 months but no guarantees for the future! It was retrofitted to 12 months of data and then tested against another 12 months and did hold up.

2nd Topweight (ie. No. 2)
Must be 1 or 1.5 kg lighter or 3.5kg or more lighter that top weight
Must have QTab rating of 100
Must be priced between $4.00 and $5.00 on Supertab at jump time.

So far this month there have been 12 selections for 4 winners - the winners were:
1/2 - Flemington R4 - It's Rysek $4.10/1.60
5/2 - Gawler R4 - Salazar $4.20/2.00
15/2 - Ascot R1 - Fore Stay $4.00/1.70
18/2 - Werribee R6 - Nawanda $4.30/1.50
There were another 4 placings paying 2.00, 1.60, 1.80 & 1.80

For the longshot chasers you can also use the same rules but with a price filter of $11.00 to $16.00 - not very many bets but quite a nice POT over the last 2 years.

[ This Message was edited by: becareful on 2003-02-21 08:34 ]
Old 23rd February 2003, 03:15 PM

NO (A) APPRENTICES
NO FIRST UPPERS
NOTHING OVER 1600
NOTHING OUTSIDE BARRIER 10
FULL STOP
IT MIGHT STAND UP ????
Old 23rd February 2003, 09:37 PM

Ron50,

The QTab ratings are on their website - http://www.tabonline.com.au
Old 24th February 2003, 07:54 PM

Quote:

Hi Becareful,
Thanks for your prompt reply.I will check it out to-morrow.
Regards,
Ron

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2003-02-23 21:37, becareful wrote:
Ron50,

The QTab ratings are on their website - http://www.tabonline.com.au

Old 24th February 2003, 11:41 PM

Redcraze,could please re-post your filters,and the results that you have achieved with them in place?Once again I thank you and every one else that has shown interest in this post and this system.Do have another interesting angle that I am working on,but am reluctant to post same at this point in time.Cheers
Old 26th February 2003, 12:29 PM

For anyone interested,a progressive staking plan to maximise profits.We bet in a series of 8 bets as follows-
1-1-2-3-4-6-9-14.
When a winner is struck close off the series and start another at 1 unit.There is one filter that MUST be used with this,that is we cannot bet at less than 2/1(bookies)or $3(TAB).You cannot lose on this sequence no matter when a winner is struck,but ONLY if you strictly adhere to the priceline filter.I would suggest a starting bank of $200,betting in $5 units.There are 40 units bet in a series(if it goes down to the last bet)so it would take 8 losers to wipe out the bank.That may well happen sometime.but it certainly hasn't been recently.As the bank increases in size(hopefully)I would suggest increasing the unit size accordingly.You can use the system in it's raw format as I originally posted it,or incorporate Redcraze's filters,which by his results seems to be going quite nicely.Whichever you go,good luck....Cheers,angel
Old 26th February 2003, 08:05 PM

Anyone who followed my recommendation in post earlier today should be pretty happy,I know I am!!!Today's results as follows;
Launceston R2 unplaced
Launceston R7 1st 7.70/2.40
Series closed.
Start new series.
Randwick R7 2nd
Randwick R8 1st 7.20/2.10
Series closed.
Outlay 1st series 2 units
Return 1st series 7.35 units
Outlay 2nd series 2 units
Return 2nd series 5.1 units
New series starts tomorrow.
A healthy profit was achieved today,two series completed,no filters in place.Hope that someone other than yours truly was on as well.I may take this away and just go it alone,this post does not seem to be generating a great deal of interest or response anymore.Cheers,angel
Old 26th February 2003, 09:39 PM

I'm sure, Angel, that many of us are following your ideas with enthusiasm. Missed the first of the bets at Randwick (after a scratching); but was most impressed with the other picks!!

I'm not sure about the progression. While it does mean you are a winner when a winner gets up, the 'wipe-out" when it came would lose so much of what you have achieved ---- and it will happen!

Personally I would prefer just even stakes with an increase of outlay as the 'bank' increases. Thus today if you started with a $400 bank and bet 2.5% ($10), your bank would be now $77 + $72 - $40 = $109 (plus original $400 = $509). Next bets would be $12.75 (2.5% of $509). With such an approach you would not reduce bets after a loss --- you could sustain 40 losses after all.

Thanks for the interesting posts.

Old 28th February 2003, 12:36 AM

Merriguy,thank you for your response,and your kind words.I can see where you are coming from with the approach you are using,but it is my main aim to strike while the iron is hot and maximise profits!Let me put it to you this way,hypothetical scenario of course;starting bank $400.Using your method betting 2.5% of the bank,$10 first bet.Let's say you go 7 bets for no winner.The 8th bet is a winner,but because you are betting 2,5% of your existing balance,you would only have $8(rounded)on it.So you are $24 behind.Using the progression method I suggested,the 8th bet would be 14 units($140)for a collect of $980!!Huge difference,I'm sure you would agree.I have no doubt there will be sometimes in the future when this method will have runs of outs equalling 8,or maybe even more,but I am the eternal optimist!I also have no doubt there are many followers of this method who are not comfortable putting $140 on a horse,money is so hard to come by these days.I only put the progression plan up for the perusal of everyone,and the adventurous amongst you will no doubt give it some serious thought.I guess it all comes down to what each individual is comfortable with,and your approach to betting.If you are a conservative and cautious punter,it may not be the way you choose to go.It's entirely up to your own personal preference.However,I urge anyone who is serious about making good profits to give it some thought.I don't think this system will have too many runs of 8 losers.My opinion only,not being sarcastic.There was only 1 selection today at Sunshine Coast,rained out.I am on the Atherton Tablelands,about an hour's drive from Cairns,it is currently bombarding us,I really hope you guys are getting some of it too!!!Will post tomorrows selections in the morning,cheers angel