Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th February 2003, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, Angel. I agree that it is up to the individual to decide his/her level of comfort.

Actually, I said that the bet is not reducing --- so you would have a full $10.00 on the winner. You also have to consider that, with the progression, it is not only the $140 that you risk --- you have already outlaid $260 (as against the even stakes betting outlay previously of $70). You would still be well ahead ($720 versus square on a $7.00 winner --- but they are not too common --- though a couple this week), but in reality you have $400 riding on that last bet! If the bet came in at $3.00 (more likely), you would have actually lost $20.00 on the series!! Good fun playing with figures, isn't it?!?

According to my calculations four bets today (before scratchings): Nowra Races 2 & 5, Swan Hill 6, Grafton 7. Dubious about heavy or slow tracks though.
Old 28th February 2003, 01:56 PM

Merriguy,thanks for your reply,but I can't agree with your figures.If the last bet in the series came in at $3,the minimum acceptable price,the result would be a return of $420,for a small profit of $20.that is the way the progression is structured,so that a winner at any stage will deliver a profit.We could debate all day progression v. level stakes,but in the end I am trying to maximise profits by having more on a winner after a run of losers.I don't know the actual figures,but I don't think this system has had 8 losses in arow since I posted it.Anyway,thanks again for your thoughts,angel
Old 1st March 2003, 10:03 AM

selections 1-3 03
Eagle Farm R6

Rosehill
R2
R4
R8

Caulfield
R3
R6

Toowoomba
R4

Cheltenham
R1
R3

Ascot
R3
R4
R7

Gold Coast
R7

Cheers to anyone having a go,angel
Old 2nd March 2003, 08:08 PM
cinna

Just want to thank you angel for your staking plan. Had a ball last 3 days working a couple of systems including the t/weight [no filters] one. Thanks again & please keep posting.
Old 4th March 2003, 11:05 PM

Hey guys(and gals)this system appears to have taken a bit of a nose dive at present,I have'nt been able to monitor it as closely as I would like to,as I have been away on and off,weather permitting,chasing the almighty dollar.From the results I have been able to check,it seems that Becarefuls data is spot on.But I will not give up just yet!I really think the progression method is the way to go.Cheers,angel
Old 4th March 2003, 11:14 PM

Cinna,thanks for your kind words,and your appreciation,muchos grazias!I have found it to be quite beneficial over the years.As long as you don't take odds less than 2/1,you cannot lose on a series of 8 bets,no matter when a winner is struck!Don't be so anxious to get past 1 unit mate!!Are you interested in quinella betting?I have a very good progression method for quinellas,involving a series of 16 bets.Please let me know if you would like me to post it.Cheers,angel
Old 5th March 2003, 11:12 AM

My confidence is up for today,so let's go!
Gosford
R4
R7
Mornington
R3
R6
Murray Bridge
R6
R7
Cheers,angel
Old 5th March 2003, 01:11 PM

Returns for week ending 1/3 using the filters
a)heavy track - NO BET.
b)slow track - IF PROVEN
c)dead track - YES
d)Up to 1400m - YES
e)Inside 7 (incl)- YES.

12 bets - 4 winners / 5 placings

Outlay win $60 - Return $69.00 - Win $9.00
Outlay place $180 - Return Loss $109.50 - Loss $70.50.

Total loss $61.50.

This is the 1st loss in 5 weeks if the staking method of 5 win and 15 place is used.

However if you back win only it has a 5 week winning streak

The bank is still well in front after its loss this week.
Old 5th March 2003, 05:22 PM

Confidence justified today!You beauty!!
Gosford
R4 unpl
R7 unpl
Mornington
R3 1st 3.60/2.00
R6 2nd 1.40
Murray Bridge
R6 1st 3.90/1.60
R7 1st 7.80/2.70

Unitab divvies way in front,good to be home out of the rain!!And making money!Go you good thing.

Cinna,how did you go???

Cheers,angel
Old 5th March 2003, 05:32 PM

All power to angel,

Goodonya!

The way this is going, no need to go to work!