Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th April 2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Very interesting.
I have kept my mouth shut since being TOU'd and will continue to do so.

Food for thought though, it's amazing how many things are posted, but when checked are completely the reverse, yet they continue to do well for certain individuals.

Amazing.

SPOT ON CHROME PRINCE !!! You being TOU'd is a knee jerk reaction by whoever has the authority to TOU posters, and further, the person who actioned the TOU doesn't know what's going on right under their nose.

Probs see you lot in a month, if I'm lucky.
Old 8th April 2012, 01:54 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
SPOT ON CHROME PRINCE !!! You being TOU'd is a knee jerk reaction by whoever has the authority to TOU posters, and further, the person who actioned the TOU doesn't know what's going on right under their nose.

Probs see you lot in a month, if I'm lucky.

You see - this is where I keep messing up.
I begin having similar thoughts , and decide to post , because thats what Forums are for you would have thought.

But it seems its not about that at all.
Its about only posting when its politically correct.

I hope you still with us tomorrow Barny.
Almost as much as I hope I still am
Old 8th April 2012, 02:07 PM

moeee, There's more to it than just being politically correct. I think you could interpret somewhere an inference of mistrust, yup that'll do. Of course it could all be oh so innocent too ..... I trust CP's stats and everything he posts with my life. He has integrity in spades.

ciao
Old 28th April 2012, 12:03 AM

Here is one that looks promising.

There were 78993 horse form lines in the database at this point in time. We update when we get time.

There were 220 selections for the System
There were 203 races for the System
There were 65 Winners for the System for a strike rate of 29.55%
There were $354.71 returned for WIN (after 5% commission) which means a Profit or loss of $134.71 or a percentage profit/loss of 61.23%

Test Another System

The Rules used were : distance > 1200 and lastStart < 3 and age > 4 and careerWins > 2 and winStrikeRate > 30 and daysLastStart >= 5 and daysLastStart <=28 and runners < 14
Old 28th April 2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo48
Here is one that looks promising.

There were 78993 horse form lines in the database at this point in time. We update when we get time.

There were 220 selections for the System
There were 203 races for the System
There were 65 Winners for the System for a strike rate of 29.55%
There were $354.71 returned for WIN (after 5% commission) which means a Profit or loss of $134.71 or a percentage profit/loss of 61.23%

Test Another System

The Rules used were : distance > 1200 and lastStart < 3 and age > 4 and careerWins > 2 and winStrikeRate > 30 and daysLastStart >= 5 and daysLastStart <=28 and runners < 14

Could some kind person (maybe UB) please enlighten me of the difference between the above rules and how I have interpreted them to test in my own data base. I assumed the above meant :-

Race Distance: 1200 - 3200
Race Field Size: 1 - 14
Age of Horse: 4 - 12
Horse Win %: 30 - 100
Career Wins: 2 - 99
Days to Last Start: 5 - 28
Last Start Finish Pos: 1 - 3

If I have read correctly, I get a huge difference in the results back to mid August last year.

Enjay
Old 28th April 2012, 10:04 AM

Just another thing please. By changing the > 4 to >=4 another big difference to UB,s tester results.

So what does The Rules used were : distance > 1200 and lastStart < 3 and age > 4 and careerWins > 2 and winStrikeRate > 30 and daysLastStart >= 5 and daysLastStart <=28 and runners < 14 mean in real terms.

Thanks

Enjay
Old 28th April 2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjay
Could some kind person (maybe UB) please enlighten me of the difference between the above rules and how I have interpreted them to test in my own data base. I assumed the above meant :-

If I have read correctly, I get a huge difference in the results back to mid August last year.

Enjay

Hopefully this will make it clearer Enjay.

Distance - 1200 or longer
Field size - maximum of 14
Age - 4 year old or older
Win % - 30% or higher
Wins - at least 2 wins
Days - between 5 - 28 inclusive
Last start - no worse than 3rd
Old 28th April 2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjay

Enjay

I'm no e x p e r t (far from it ) but where there is only a < or > it doesn't include that figure - only higher or lower IMHO.

So where it says >1200 I would take that to mean 1201m and up (not 1200m). If it included 1200m races that it should be >=1200

Well, that's what I think anyway.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 28th April 2012, 11:50 AM

Thanks Ocho.

Hi Ricardo

I am in fact running the rules that you state in your last message (see my first message to confirm.)

I am only running back to August last year (that is when UB data starts I think) and get heaps of selections.

Enjay
Old 28th April 2012, 12:24 PM

Hi Enjay,

Are you using Bet Selector? When I ran the rules using the greater than and less than (but not including) numbers Ricardo stated I got almost exactly the same number of selections and winners so I think yours and Ocho's interpretation was correct.

After looking at the selections there were 2 $20+ winners which is where most of the profit came from, especially as they probably paid quite a bit better on Betfair in UB's database.

Cheers,

Matt.