Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th September 2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
As long as you realise that and are only using a small percentage of your bank to lay with.

Don't be getting all macho and think it's easy to lay because your pants WILL be pulled down. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But someday, macs, someday. I just hope you'll be wearing your Rio's.
Thanks Ocho but mate at 54 the macho bit flew out the window years ago and I don't think RIO would make ém big enough for me these days lol. I'm an absolute novice and just had a bit of luck but willing to learn and find it a lot of fun.
Old 12th September 2012, 07:51 AM

I don't really mean to bring you down macs, I'm only trying to be practical.

You may become the best lay bettor in the world (somebody has got to be). I wish you well in your journey (I'm serious). Just remember us here and throw us a few tips every now and then.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 12th September 2012, 09:41 AM

You're not bringing me down Ocho, I'm a pretty laid back character and this is just a bit of fun for me, nothing too serious.

I did end up putting the RIO's on last night because in the last race the 3 dog jumped straight over the bl****y rails and yanked ém half way down my legs lol! Good job they were clean. Serves me right for thinking the favourite was too short to lose.

Lesson number 1, listen to Ocho!
Old 12th September 2012, 09:46 AM

LOL.

So Lesson 1 is - The favourite is NEVER too short to lose.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 12th September 2012, 12:16 PM

Hi macs, when it comes to staking advice re laying you could do worse than googling 'marias staking plan' & having a read.

As far as 'surely it aint that hard to pick a loser' all I would like to say is that punting wise, there is nothing more devastating than laying that juicy winner - it did my head in more times than I care to remember so these days I only lay the sharp end of the market, often for the place.
Old 12th September 2012, 12:52 PM

Thanks for that NR, will do. I can imagine laying that juicy winner, mine was bad enough last night at 8/1, you get that horrible sinking feeling in your gut and especially when you've got your RIO's round your ankles.

Talking about frustration, the biggest one for me so far and I couldn't get it out of my head for a few days is Mr. L Cassidy. I heard some tipster mention some months back that he's always a good bet in the last and right he was. He's got me out of trouble at least twice in the last month or two so I've been looking for him each Sunday.

Last Sunday I'd already had about 20 bets and was feeling knackered and didn't even notice him at the Sunny Coast in the last, 48/1, talk about spewing!
Old 12th September 2012, 04:24 PM

Maria did so well NR, very interesting read and so is her forum. I'm finding there's some very smart people in this industry but for every one of them there is also a snake oil salesman trying to sell you garbage.
Old 12th September 2012, 06:28 PM

The problem with laying is that you can have a beautiful day, week, month (depending on your amount of bets) and then that one Lay loser comes along and wipes out all your profits for the period.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 12th September 2012, 06:37 PM
Suspended

If you lose a months Profit in a single wager , I'ld suggest you may have laid it for a little too much.
Old 12th September 2012, 06:40 PM

Yep agree The Ocho

I have adopted a simple mantra regard to laying which so far is serving me well - 'You cannot stop them from winning'

Most here would know of multiple reasons/filters etc as to why a horse shouldn't be able to win a race, but I will eat my hat if anyone has ever identified a reason why one absolutely cannot...other than of course having a dodgy pygmy up - yes MC, I am looking at you