Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th November 2012, 10:46 PM

Thumbs up

Good to see you back Barny!

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 27th November 2012, 01:05 PM

Yes, welcome back again Barny.

I'd like to ask you a few questions about your database as I'm thinking of taking the plunge and you're an independent consumer. Have you got an email address I can contact you at or could you drop me a line at

charleyfarleyok at gmail dot com

Thanks Peter
Old 27th November 2012, 06:24 PM

peter m, ask away on here and I'll answer honestly. Otherwise you could ask chrome prince as I'm sure he's the one who "sells" the database. Whatever you're told about the database will be true. It's everything I expected. It's not much of a plunge really and what it did for me was to curtail my betting, not that I went mad previously, and I now concentrate on a few systems that continue to perform and I punt heavily on them. I'm happy to wait for weeks for the right bet to come up.
Old 28th November 2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
peter m, ask away on here and I'll answer honestly.
O.k Barny, thanks for the offer.

Does the database have enough info about Provincial and Country racing so it would be possible to formulate a system that has a higher turnover and works say 7 days a week. Or is the database only geared to Saturday racing?

Does it throw up a set of ratings or a list of top 3 or 4 rated horses per race or is it just able to test mechanical filters?

Does it work with or include TAB prices?

I have some figures I've got from various sources, don't know how accurate they are but along the lines of, for example. 90% of all winners finished 6 lengths or less from the winner last start, that kind of thing.
Was wondering if it's possible to crunch numbers so a list of these kind of statistics could be made with accuracy?

Lastly, the big one. I'm assuming that you looked into a few options and was wondering why you picked this particular database as opposed to Neale Yardley's BetSelector or TRB's GTX and how they compare to each other?

I suppose you can tell from the questions that I'm not the most experienced at this punting caper but that's why I need to ask.

Hope you can enlighten me a bit more re the database and the reasons you chose this particular one

Thanks,
Pete
Old 28th November 2012, 08:55 PM

Does the database have enough info about Provincial and Country racing so it would be possible to formulate a system that has a higher turnover and works say 7 days a week. Or is the database only geared to Saturday racing? - 7 days a week with full records

Does it throw up a set of ratings or a list of top 3 or 4 rated horses per race or is it just able to test mechanical filters? -- Only mechanical filters, no ratings

Does it work with or include TAB prices? - Unitab

I have some figures I've got from various sources, don't know how accurate they are but along the lines of, for example. 90% of all winners finished 6 lengths or less from the winner last start, that kind of thing.
Was wondering if it's possible to crunch numbers so a list of these kind of statistics could be made with accuracy? - Yup, lengths from the winner is there as a filter

Lastly, the big one. I'm assuming that you looked into a few options and was wondering why you picked this particular database as opposed to Neale Yardley's BetSelector or TRB's GTX and how they compare to each other? - Didn't look at any other options.

I suppose you can tell from the questions that I'm not the most experienced at this punting caper but that's why I need to ask.

Hope you can enlighten me a bit more re the database and the reasons you chose this particular one - I read about it on here in the forum and decided to get it. $400, you can't go tooo far wrong. It's got a huge amount of filters, too many to list. I think you might need to ask someone at propun, the contact name is there somewhere, and they could answer your questions. There's an ad for this system soemwhere on here.
Old 29th November 2012, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the answers Barny. Yes, I suppose for $400 you can't go far wrong and it's not going to break the bank.
The reason I thought to ask you is that you're an independent consumer with a lot of punting nouse.
So, has this database helped you generate any profitable systems of your own and/or helped turn you into a profitable punter by adding to your punting knowledge by knowing what statistics, punting adages, maxims and fokelore are true or false?

Thanks.
Peter
Old 29th November 2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter m
...So, has this database helped you generate any profitable systems of your own....
I look forward to Barny's reply
Old 29th November 2012, 03:36 PM
Vortech

I've been using Bet Selector for 3 years now.

When I first started using the program I didn't believe the concepts of backfitting etc.... and continued to make losses each month. You get excited when you play with the 50+ variables available to still get the same end results as you tend to develop systems with 50% POT and expect this to continue.

Over the years I have been able to read this forum and generate my own systems with the use of developing different filters. Bet Selector has 3 ratings built in which still produce long-term losses on their own.

There is another element of the program which allows you to create points system on different fitlers and lots of other little functions like differences between stats etc....

The program can do lots of things but at the end of the day you still need to be able to find a competitive edge to the others using the program. Since using the program from October 2012 onwards I have only started to making slight gains each week. The database allows you see the bookies price on course and also has a TAB live function to update the selections after scrs to get your selections. PPFA is an add on which gives a more accurate base rating then Bet selector on its own. By buying the product now you get data going back to October 2007 but their are ways to get information going back to 2000 through another supplier.

Live updates cost $55 per month and the software I think its aorund $350.00
Old 29th November 2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie
I look forward to Barny's reply

Could be time to 'Unleash The Beast'!
Old 29th November 2012, 04:59 PM

On a serious note Barny, does the program have a charting option? eg to be able to chart a systems returns over time?