Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd December 2012, 07:06 PM

Default An Oldie but a good read .....

With all computer programs, selections of horse race tips and betting systems, most of them eventually

Some just stay profitable longer than others. But, depending on what type of punter you are, you may be interested in having a look at this interesting racing system and having a play with it.

You may like to add in some of your own rules and stipulations.

The basics of this system are simple. There are only a few people who are associated with the horse in question and they are the ones who really know how well it is going. They know how fit it is going to be on race day, if the horse has been set for a race, right distance, track, jockey and so on.

This system is used by a Sydney

The system...

1. You only select horses that are resuming or have not won a race this preparation.

2. You only select horses that are 3 years or older but no older than 7 years old.

3. You only select quality race horses that have had 10 career starts or more and have a winning percentage of 20 percent or more. Try to select horses that are trained in top stables that have a high winning percentage.

4. You have to select, say 10 horses that apply to these rules. (the number you select can vary, obviously the more you select, the more bets you will have).

5. You have to decide for yourself how much money you want to win on each selection.

If you want to win say $100.00 per horse, eg. If a horse you have selected starts at 4/1 and you want to win $100.00, you have to put $25.00 on it to win that amount. If the horse wins, you collect what you wanted to win and you then take the horse off the list. It has done its job.

If the horse loses, it now owes you a total of $125.00. ($100.00 you want to win, plus $25.00 you lost on bets) At its next start, it may start at 25/10, you then have to put $50.00 on it to to win your $125.00. If it loses, it now owes you a total of $175.00. So on and so on. You should have the gist of it by now.

6. After it wins you may then add another horse to your list so your list number stays constant. I think the secret to this system is to select quality city horses. As the

How many times have you seen quality race horses win at their first or second outing at odds of 10/1 or greater. The reason being is that most times these quality horses come to their peak and often find form quickly and surprise.

Most amateur punters are a little in the dark when it comes to some of these things, so if you back it every time to come out in front when it wins, you all end up winners. Sounds good on paper doesn't it?

7. If any of your selections are injured, goes for a spell prior to winning or something else you didn't foresee, you may take the horse off the list and select another horse to take its place.

Any outstanding lost bets on the horse that is taken from your list are of course placed on to the new horse to carry.

Old 5th December 2012, 08:00 AM

Default I'll have a go!

Hi Barny,

Here is my contribution to this. I will start my own stable and follow them, trying to win $10 for each horse. The rules to become a horse to follow are:-
- Age - 3-6
- First Up (Resuming at Metro Meeting)
- Win% - 26%+
- Place% - 50%+
- Trainer Rating (Racing and Sports) - 3+
- Must have won in the last 365 Days

I will follow each horse for five runs, if they win in any of their first 5 runs, they will be removed from the list. If they do not win, all money that horse owes me will be divided by 10, and added to the next 10 horses' target.

(Example - if you outlay $65 over 5 runs for a horse that does not win, the target for the next 10 Horses to Follow will be $16.50)

Horses 2 Follow

BR 5 no.1 Gran Torino (Tagret $10)
TR 4 no.5 Anelene (Target $10)

Cheers

Doc
Old 5th December 2012, 08:11 AM

Go get 'em Doc!

I wish you the best of luck!!

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 5th December 2012, 08:22 AM

Whats UP doc?

Your bank hopefully! Best of luck with this - will be interesting to see if / when the good doc's stable play converts into a luverley juberley pay day!

LG
Old 5th December 2012, 11:27 AM

Very interested in this. Also got some idea's spinning in my head that i'll likely be posting about later today in regards to a new set of my ratings and also lay betting.

On a side note if anyone can answer, i noticed the doc mentioned trainer rating on R&S - does anyone know how to get the table with trainer and jockey ratings or the table with recent prize money to download into excel with a query. Its basically the most significant thing my ratings are missing and would fit perfectly with my spreadsheet if I could get it working. I've tried a number of different ways to get it to happen with no success. If anyone has an idea or knows how to get it done could you either reply in here asking for my email address or reply in my '75% ratings' thread.

Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 01:06 PM

All sounds good except forget the staking part this will kill you in the end, you are better off using a percentage of bank for each set of selections.

As a new horse is added work out what percentage of the bank you will invest in this horse.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 5th December 2012, 01:09 PM

Shaun, you got any ideas in regards the R&S data?
Old 5th December 2012, 03:47 PM

Doesn't matter, with some fiddling today in excel i managed to be able to scrape the table I wanted, only to find out that you can't look at historical meetings on R&S anyway.

May still use it as i'm certain trainer/jockey makes a difference to ratings, just means i can't incorporate it into any backtesting.

Anyhow apologies for getting off topic, again if you wish to discuss further you can reply in my other thread Shaun as would appreciate any of your input/ideas.
Old 5th December 2012, 03:54 PM

Is this the page you are talking about. http://www.racingandsports.com.au/f...meetingid=27664

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 5th December 2012, 06:05 PM

Well........

Gran Torino - $3.9 bet @ $3.6 (np)
Anelene - no bet (late scratching)

As long as the search party are successful in locating Gran Torino before its next start, it remains on the list as does Anelene.

In honor of the less than impressive start I will rename my horses to follow. They will now fall under the banner of Doc's Donkeys.

Cheers
Doc