Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th March 2013, 05:25 PM

Wink Default Neurals

I've had some spare time so I've looked at a Lay method using the neural default settings.

1) 170 neural points or less.
3) Nine runners or more.
3) Lay the neural fave.
4) CP algorithym to have 10 points or more.

I don't know why the CP can be puzzling but there was a selection that won one race from two starts but was allotted only one CP point - ???.

I've looked at the results from last Saturday. There's been 38 selections for 37 smiles, (not a bad strike rate for the top selection in most lay or bet methods)) and almost all of them started at single prices, some were even the fave. It's probably only coincidence, but...

If anyone's interested there's one selection yet to run - Muswellbrook 8/7.

Last edited by michaelg : 12th March 2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12th March 2013, 05:41 PM

Wink

I layed the selection for a liability of $33. It started fave and was beaten for a profit of $9.30.

I'll give it a go tomorrow and list the selections here.
Old 12th March 2013, 07:01 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Onya MG

You keep looking for new challenges and push the boundaries. That's the sort of spirit that made this country. I retired voluntarily last September but am still a few years away from being eligible for the pension, so I've devoted my time to making a sustainable living from racing.
It never ceases to amaze me how much there is to research and explore. I find it fascinating and am glad I stumbled across this forum.
Good luck with it.
RP
Old 12th March 2013, 07:21 PM

What made this country great is the Wiggles, I'm told.
Old 12th March 2013, 07:56 PM
Banned

Default Where have you been?

You're a pioneer too Speedy. What's cookin' in the kitchen? You must have something up your sleeve!
RP
Old 12th March 2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
You're a pioneer too Speedy. What's cookin' in the kitchen? You must have something up your sleeve!
RP
I'm resting on my laurels a bit, RP. You're doing your bit with a new method on the other thread, I see.
Since field sizes have increased dramatically backers are lining up to give me their money ( in running ). The more I offer the more they take even on quiet Monday and Tues meetings. May Allah be with them.
Old 13th March 2013, 07:26 AM
Banned

Exclamation Push the limits MG!

Don't stop with your top rated selection meeting the criteria only. If the top doesn't qualify move down the list and select the next horse that does. I revised your rules and applied it to yesterday: 15 bets 1 accident Nett profit $1,386.83 ($1000 L)

Cheers RP
Old 13th March 2013, 08:13 AM
Banned

Lightbulb Revised rules

I'll dry run these selections based on MG's rules except if top rated horse doesn't meet criteria move down list to find next horse that does:
Canterbury R2/1; R5/9; R6/8; R7/9;
Doomben R4/10; R6/3; R7/13; R8/9
Launceston R1/9; R2/3; R5/2; R6/5;R7/1; R8/3; R9/3
Sale R3/4; R6/3; R7;4; R8/8
Strathalbyn R6/1; R7/5; R8/1
Narrogin R1/11; R2/3; R3/1; R4/4; R5/7; R6/5; R7/3; R8/2
Min field size 9
Interesting to see how it fares?
RP
Old 13th March 2013, 09:16 AM

Wink

Thanks, RP.

My original intention was to see if races with low neural points targeted "open" races that produced high divvies. It started with a bang but slowly petered out where the race fave won their fair share of races.

But what I did notice was that the neural fave of 170 points and less performed terribly so I checked the results back to Saturday and was pleasantly surprised. I have no logical explanation for this because the race faves showed no consistency/bias so why should the fave of these races that had low neural points?

RP, yesterday I also looked at what you suggest but checking different variations I could find nothing advantageous. However I currently haven't given up.

Your results from yesterday's racing are very impressive with both strike rate and profit.

I'll also be closely looking at today's selections of your method - good luck.
Old 13th March 2013, 12:48 PM

Wink

Today's selections:

Launceston
6/1
9/6

Sale
3/3
6/3
8/8

Narrogin
1/2
2/3
4/4
6/5
7/3
8/2

I had trouble accessing the R&S website so I decided not to be idle and also test a new Lay method based on the Sky ratings.

There must be a maximum gap of two points between the top selection (100 points) and the second selection (98 or 99 points).

The 100 pointers for these races are: (I'm also looking at the price of the race winner and the exotics)

Canterbury
R1

Sale
Races 4, 6, 7

Dombeen
R4

Narrogin
Races 5, 7.