Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th July 2013, 10:34 AM

Welcome Dave.
A couple of things from me. If you have only the one bookie account at present you are in a position to reap thousands of dollars of free bets by opening accounts with other bookies. That can be turned into a lot of real money without risking a cent of your own.
If you bet on Sats have a look at the BOB product on lux bet. They offer best of top fluc or tote.
Old 4th July 2013, 10:38 AM

No problem Josh, I am used to it LOL

Cheers Beton

Last edited by CosMos : 4th July 2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 4th July 2013, 12:57 PM

Default History

Hi everyone,

Yea Ben I am aware of all the freebies around, but that's not what's important to me. It takes my mind off the job. I invest $1000 in one account and have my system consistently increase my bank over long periods. That is only a recent occurrence for me as I have previously been distracted by other things that interfere with my rationale.

The only other account I had was with Tom Waterhouse,( only because he gave me a $100 account for picking 3 winners in Melbourne). I've since closed the account in disgust over the More Joyous debacle.

Josh, Definitely history is my principal ally. For example eliminating maiden races. Smokeys win in all classes occasionally, but I have proven over many years that maidens are the best way to get burned.

Definitely past winning form is very important, although my system never picks a horse that has won 3 or more in a row unless they have spelled between wins. In saying that I had $10 on Black Caviar at the TAB for her 23rd win just so I could keep the ticket!!

Naturally form and weight also come into it but be careful not to include too many restrictions or you will end up chasing your tail. Something I was extremely guilty of in previous years.

Another example is time. This is a very confusing statistic and I have actually completely removed it from my system! 'Crazy man' I hear you say, and you many be right, but over many years of studying times v results, I have come to that conclusion.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I only bet on 900 to 1850 metre races, as I have proven these distances produce the most consistent results.

And old rule I also agree with is 'odds on-look on!'

Also thanks Punt for the welcome.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 4th July 2013, 01:04 PM

Thumbs up Welcome Dave

Hi Dave,

Great story mate!!

Glad to have your input and it sounds like you've got your mindset well and truly in place to conquer this mighty game of the punt!

Best of luck and I look forward to your comments.

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 4th July 2013, 02:24 PM

Dave, no maidens...hmmm, guess you just need a different angle to play them

Old 4th July 2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
And old rule I also agree with is 'odds on-look on!'

Yep, Thanks dave101
Old 4th July 2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave101

I also have an indexed race prize-money rule. No betting in races worth over $125,000 in total prize-money, no weight for age races and no maidens.

Right there dave101, you've given me an indication of what you look for in a betting conveyance. I believe that you select horses in good form working their way through the grades, and eliminate horses dropping in class, ones that are out of form and having a crack in a lower grade.

How the heck could you throw out your Herald Sun form guides??

Good luck .....
Old 4th July 2013, 05:34 PM

Unhappy thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
How the heck could you throw out your Herald Sun form guides??

You must be a Victorian bloke Barney. The Sydney Sun was the afternoon edition of Fairfax who still make only the Sydney Morning Herald. I kept a couple for keepsakes but cockroach poo...most had to go!

Dave, no maidens...hmmm, guess you just need a different angle to play them
Hi Rich, maidens were an absolute pain for my system, but the last few years they rarely have them in Saturday's 4 principal meeting, so the pain has lifted!

Glad to have your input and it sounds like you've got your mindset well and truly in place to conquer this mighty game of the punt!

Thanks Schmile. It is a great game and it can be beaten... but if it was easy everyone would be doing it and the bookies would be broke!

Luv your Chinese proverb. Probably the best I have ever heard. Particularly the 'knowing when to quit' part. Took me a long time to overcome this one and is one reason I like system betting. You can treat it like a business, you know the rules and if you stick by them you will win. My mates know not to bother calling on Friday afternoon or Saturdays because I am 'at work!'
Still have a muck around on Melbourne Cup day but that's the only time do it for 'fun!'

Good luck everyone