Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th August 2013, 04:57 PM

Hi Guys, sorry for the late reply I've struggled to make it out of bed the last couple of days thanks to the flu. I can't wait until flu season is over its the 3rd time in the last couple of months that i've spent only a few hours out of bed. My bosses will be ready to strangle me soon.

A few comments for each of your replies which I very much appreciate:

Puntz:

Unfortunately I live in country SA so getting to meetings regularly in the flesh is extremely hard for me to achieve besides the local Cup which lets just say by the end of the day i'm lucky to spot the difference between a horse and a camel. However I do love attending the races when I get a chance, problem is its usually to celebrate something and so I generally am there to drink and not actually bet seriously.

I've already been hanging around these forums for over a year now and feel i've learnt a lot. Definitely got a long way to go and I think having my hands on a databse like CP's might push me over the edge as I actually enjoy problem solving and crunching numbers and looking outside the square. I think the reason I'm looking for a mentor type person is more to bounce ideas off them and then discuss why that is/isn't a good idea to try or what it could/could not work in practice.

I'm definitely not looking to be given all the answers for free with no input of my own, that defeats the purpose of this process. On a side note i'll be looking for methods/systems that can be implemented be either placing the bets first thing in the morning or using a bot, as I do still work full time. I'm also not looking to make thousands of dollars, but maybe a few hundred just to prove to myself that it can be done and then maybe get more serious about it from there.

Tayjack:

I'll try and email you tonight, I'm not sure i'll have much to add given i'm only 26 and haven't been around this scene as long as others but there may be some fresh ideas I can provide as well? I definitely think some of the money management processes from share trading/investing have a place in managing a betting bankroll.

Garyf:

Always find your posts interesting and sounds like you have an approach similar to what i'd like to find myself doing (i.e. sticking to quality races with quality fields to ensure that the form/ratings were using is reliable and not based on a selective few runs). I'll let you know how I go either in this thread or another down the track and maybe we can share some emails at that stage.

CP:

I received your email and will try and get back to you tonight. I have a few small queries but besides that its just a matter of convincing myself that the money it costs is well worth it. I'm sure many here will agree that it is, but given i'm saving for a house I just have prioritise if i'm happy to spend that money. With any luck i'd be able to win it back in no time haha.

Thanks guys for the replies, definitely appreciate it.
Old 8th August 2013, 07:07 PM

Thumbs up

I actually enjoy problem solving and crunching numbers and looking outside the square...... JB

Me too, JB. If you can't find anyone drop me a line. I think you have my email address. Thanks to my dad I didn't have a costly apprenticeship so maybe you can be the son I never wanted. :-).
I have dabbled in systems and ratings in the past and now thanks to BF I can make a living.
Old 8th August 2013, 07:22 PM

I'm sure many here will agree that it is, but given i'm saving for a house I just have prioritise if i'm happy to spend that money. With any luck i'd be able to win it back in no time haha.

Hi Evajb,

At the price the database is available for and how it is setup, i would of thought 405 is a fart in the wind, given the time you could save yourself.

Just my 2 cents - but good on ya for heading towards your first property?

GL - TJ
Old 9th August 2013, 09:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Apologies for not emailing last night, my mate just got back from Adelaide where he had a knee reconstruction on two of his ligaments after dislocating his knee (not just the knee cap, the entire joint got dislocated). I might include a picture for those of you I send a reply email too as it's something your unlikely to see again.

Speedy, thanks for the reply, you were one of the ones I was hoping might be interested as you seem like a laid back kind of guy that likes to try new methods similar to me. I'll hunt through my inbox and find your email to get back to you shortly.

TJ - I agree now, really $400 is just missing out on a couple of weekends drinking or eating out a few times so really is a flash in the pan compared to what it may bring in if i'm dilligent enough.

Yeh saving for my first property, been investing in shares since I started my job 4 and half years ago to use as a deposit. Got a portfolio worth $86k now but thats inclusive of a $33k margin loan so still got some ways to go. Made some bad calls on small companies when I first started and was eager to make a quick buck, luckily since then i've invested in some high quality companies that have served me well.

Still, its tough trying to find the right property, although i'm getting close.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:25 AM

Talking

JB
I don't know whether an inquiring mind is a blessing or a curse. I sit and watch quite a few races per day while I'm laying in running and my brain keeps saying "Did you notice that? You should check it out."
I'm married to a redhead so being laid back certainly has enabled me to stay married. She's fiery, but never dull.
I'll send you an email to save you searching.