Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th September 2013, 05:16 PM

Would need a sample of say 100+ races of the 3 selections and at least 20+ winning races to be able to put together a spreadsheet and see how/if it works.

If you had the data puntz I could put something together for you in excel and see how it went. We could compare the two methods as well (i.e. dutching the 3 selections or level staking the 3 selections)
Old 11th September 2013, 11:12 PM

evajb001, I understand the classic dutch/hedge method of the unit allocation amount.
What I am trying to say is, instead of the classic dutch/hedge formula how many units to allocate on a bet
it's the RSP's staking formula for unit amounts, but each calculated separately
So instead of just doing a RSP on 1 selection, it's 3, as if each would have been one.
The way I see the RSP's concept with the diviser, eventually A, B or C will hit a win. At the end of the 1000 races, there would be a grand total of the
A,B, and C.
I used the wording "dutch" to try to illustrate the concept, but don't mean to actually dutch....maybe the word for this idea has not been invented yet !

Quote:
If you had the data puntz I could put something together for you in excel and see how it went. We could compare the two methods as well (i.e. dutching the 3 selections or level staking the 3 selections)

I don't keep data, just counters of loss/win streaks with the selection method I use.

Quote:
partypooper Personally I would just divide the required stake by 3, that way the bigger price winners have an immediate impact, whereas say $3 winner just keeps the kettle boiling.

Yeah, but there might be surprises in the long run, a steady simmer of never ending soup!
Old 12th September 2013, 01:06 AM

Yes (soup) there has to be at least a break even situation (as far as I can see)

for this to be successful, i.e. I don't take it that it will turn a 10% LOSS into a 5% profit, but I hope to be proved wrong????