Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th September 2013, 12:46 PM

TO was curious if BF Bot Manager had a dutching plan in there as well but haven't been able to see it in the manual?

Does it not have dutching available?
Old 24th September 2013, 01:27 PM

Allo Josh,

It's been great watching your punting journey thus far on the forum.

I wish you all the best with your new systems and nailing the overlay/underlay mission!

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 24th September 2013, 02:15 PM

Thanks TS it has certainly been an interesting journey.

I really think i'm 90% there now in terms of the ratings approach i've put together. I seriously believe i'm on the right path now, utilized a database to allow me to attack the stats of it all, and then used my recording of 400 races so far to enhance/adjust a little further. I certainly feel the underlay/overlay approach has merit and can be profitable over the long term.

That extra 10% will come from further tweaks and adjustments that may one day hopefully mean I have something I can bet day in day out proftably with minimal risk, that is the ultimate goal.

Since i've got that side of things nearing completion its time for me to use the 400+ races of data so far to look at my settling/speed/pace side of things. Due to the calculations invovled on this side of things I can't easily backtest so i've had to forward record the race data.

Everything i've discussed on here in terms of speed/pace/settling has been theory based on racing newsletters I read from a US website that were extremely in depth and very informative. What I want to do now is put those theory's to the best and see if there is any way at all i can either:

a) incorporate it into my ratings or;
b) use the figures to automate as best a speed map as I can put together to enhance my betting approach.

or obviously both of the above.

There's no doubt in my mind i'm getting closer, its just a matter of forward testing and then finding a way to automate it in an effective risk/reward manner.
Old 24th September 2013, 09:58 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
TO was curious if BF Bot Manager had a dutching plan in there as well but haven't been able to see it in the manual?

Does it not have dutching available?

By Jingo it certainly does evajb001. It is part of the v2 bot. Whether it does exactly as you need may be another thing.

Here is the manual:

http://www.bfbotmanager.com/documen..._bot_manual.pdf

Good luck with it all.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 25th September 2013, 07:23 AM
Banned

overs/unders?

One of my bets yesterday - Donald5 no4 - late exchange $16.5, bfsp $20, highest tab $11.90

& on & on we go
Old 25th September 2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots
overs/unders?

One of my bets yesterday - Donald5 no4 - late exchange $16.5, bfsp $20, highest tab $11.90

& on & on we go
Did you dutch this race stuggs or was it a standout?

Cheers LG
Old 25th September 2013, 07:55 AM

Stugs, I agree that some great overs can be had on BF and I'm sure with a lot of study a quid could be made just from that, the problem I've always had is getting on. I'm not a massive backer by any means but very often I can't get $50 on. Conversely I've always found BF to progressively better with odds say from around $6 and up and progressively worse than Top Tote $6 down. And at the lower end the place is a joke, I'd be interested if others find the same?
Old 25th September 2013, 08:21 AM
Banned

LG, no dutching, backed 2 in the race at level stakes, not a big fan of dutching, leaves too much on the table imho.

PP, my late figures on the race show there was around $150 available at $16+ on the exchange, but the real point is that BFSP paid $20 - from my experience the BFSP figure is not going to be significantly less that the late exchange price without a large amount bet at SP.

Now of if you had for example bet $1k at SP, given the market size (a Tuesday 58hcp, about $50k hold) it wouldn't have paid $20's, but I doubt it would have been less than $16's, as BF have a weird way of calculating the SP which I do not pretend to understand, but it does seem to allow for big bets to not to totally crush a price or vice verse with laying.

BF Win markets on the shorties offer no real advantage over the Totes, other than the ease of use & I agree with you on the place market for shorties, it's a loser on BF.

But the other side is the ease of use of BF, not getting banned or restricted etc.

Last edited by stugots : 25th September 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 25th September 2013, 09:35 AM

Thanks for the input guys, even though I won't be betting them i'll post the bets i'll be recording for today if I get a chance at lunch and the price ranges i'd accept using a bot.

I've done all my recording thus far using BFSP, I don't have the stats infront of me at the moment but the following are my stats from memory looking at them last night after i'd done my daily update. Note this is betting my top 2 raters in >=8 horse fields when they are in between a certain underlay/overlay range.

408 races recorded
200 bettable races
52 winning races (26% SR)
Avg winning odds $4.70
POT 27.00%
Max DD 17%

NOTE:
The above stats are based on where i've recoreded a starting bank of $500 and based the staking on price ranges:

<$2 Odds = $12 bet
<$3 Odds = $11 bet
<$4 Odds = $10 bet... and so on until you get to >$9 = $5 bet as thats the BF minimum.

If you want the flat $1 stake stats i'll try post at lunch as well or tonight. Not sure if some of you remember the stats/graphs i posted some time ago which were based around stock trading stats/charts. I'll be putting together something similar shortly for this system and post.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:46 AM

Thumbs up

JB
I'll set them up in my bot and let them run. I'm not always home at the start of the raceday but if you get them up I'll give them a try. I'll be home until 11.30 EST this morning.