Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th November 2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
What were they banned for ? I actually know of two reasons:

1. Betting too small.
2. When people reach the premium charge they create a new account.

Apart from that I have not heard of anyone getting their accounts banned. Can you elaborate on the reasons.

I forgot to add:

3. Money laundering or activites that seem like money laundering.
Old 8th November 2013, 06:48 PM

Further to my 2nd question, has anyone here or know of anyone that's been barred from TAB fixed horse racing odds? And what were the reasons for the luxbet banning? Were fixed odds included in the ban?
Old 8th November 2013, 07:31 PM
Banned

Question

Thinking outside the square here? If the pro punters (making a profit Backing) can't get on with all the online bookies, then they must take their turnover to Betfair, Totes or Oncourse bookies.
What proportion of the punting turnover would be represented by the pro's compared with the amateurs? Do the successful punters, 2% of the punting population, provide say 50% of the turnover? If it's a significant proportion, this will help ensure the viability of the alternatives to online bookmakers. Considering the cut throat competition for the mug money, they must be cutting margins to the bone and hopefully a few will go bust?
Old 8th November 2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat123
Further to my 2nd question, has anyone here or know of anyone that's been barred from TAB fixed horse racing odds? And what were the reasons for the luxbet banning? Were fixed odds included in the ban?

Sorry Pat. I do not know anyone banned from TAB Fixed Odds and I do not use them. Usually fixed odds are what will be banned and/or "best of" products.
Old 8th November 2013, 08:12 PM
Banned

Another fact to support the fact that successful Betfair punters are encouraged is that Zeljko Ranogaje's punting represents one third of the Australian operation. Can't see them banning him anytime soon?
Old 8th November 2013, 08:25 PM

By the way, like others, I've also been banned or limited by almost all UK bookmakers. Ladbrokes were up on me by about $10k, I then had a win of $2.1k and it was game over. I was losing overall, so why would they want to cut getting more money off me? I lasted 1 month with them. Sportsbet I last 48 hours. Bookmaker and Ias banned me aswell as they're obviously affiliated with the other jokers. I've had big wins and big losses with the TAB and Luxbet and touch wood havent been restricted yet.

This is primarily why I want to find out what the situation is with tabcorp backed luxbet and TAB. If they follow the same policies as the UK owned bookmakers, I guess I'm wasting my time. Looking forward to hearing back from others experiences with the tab and luxbet. Thanks!
Old 8th November 2013, 08:52 PM

It's unfortunate, it'a all automated via computer. The software online bookies use flags accounts that take advantage of all bonus type offers to the maximum benefit each time, win x amount within a timespan whether or not they are winning overall and bet in a methodical manner.

Basically they are looking solely for recreational losing punters, where their exposure for each punter is low and who continually chase until they lose 100% of their balance and then top up.
This is the profile of their bread and butter customer.
Anything else is rejected
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 8th November 2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
It's unfortunate, it'a all automated via computer. The software online bookies use flags accounts that take advantage of all bonus type offers to the maximum benefit each time, win x amount within a timespan whether or not they are winning overall and bet in a methodical manner.

Basically they are looking solely for recreational losing punters, where their exposure for each punter is low and who continually chase until they lose 100% of their balance and then top up.
This is the profile of their bread and butter customer.
Anything else is rejected
So is it different with the TAB and/or Luxbet?
Old 8th November 2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
Another fact to support the fact that successful Betfair punters are encouraged is that Zeljko Ranogaje's punting represents one third of the Australian operation. Can't see them banning him anytime soon?

Well considering he was basically only winning due to his "arrangements" with the totes I doubt he would do well on betfair.
Old 9th November 2013, 09:02 AM
Banned

Can't say I have ever heard of anyone have a betfair account closed for the sole reason. Of winning, some have had their methods rendered unprofitable by premium charges, so there can be issues there with trying to reduce or avoid it, but closing accounts because they are winning? No don't think so.