Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st April 2002, 05:16 PM

[ This Message was edited by: Privateer on 2002-05-13 08:14 ]
Old 21st April 2002, 05:47 PM

placegetter,
could expand more on your system? Is it still available in the UK?
Old 22nd April 2002, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
On 2002-04-21 17:47, Maya wrote:
placegetter,
could expand more on your system? Is it still available in the UK?

Are we allowed to advertise on this forum?

I'm not too sure if the system is available anymore and I'm kind of hesitant to just list the rules. Totally evasive I know, but I'm sure you would work out why.

Having said that there is a system available in "Sunny" Queensland which I have bought which comes up with great selections. You do the detective work.

PS. I expect a commission on that one!
Old 24th April 2002, 12:03 AM

I've used stats for the basis of systems - they work well some weeks, but poorly on others.

the problem is in good races, there 5 horses or so that meet most of the criteria - so one needs to eliminate using other methods.

I normally look for
20% win rate, 50% place rate
50% place/win record at distance/track
one of the top prizemoney winners
finished within 3 lengths of winner last start.
good barrier and weight.

Does anyone here use speed ratings? - they work great in certain races
Old 24th April 2002, 12:12 PM

Mr Magic what is ment by top 5 in average$$$ also Placed 50%+ distance starts. Why didn.t sri lanka and kurrajong mist race 3 sat 20 at rosehill qualifie. Hope you can explain it for me as I am lookine for an easy way of picking winners ( arn't we all)
Old 24th April 2002, 12:34 PM

Mr Magic can you explaain to me what you mean in average $$$ allso placed 50%+distance starts.Why wasn't sri lanca and kurrajong mist qualifiers sat 20/4 rosehill race 3
Old 24th April 2002, 06:45 PM

Dear Privateer;
Your statistics are great food for thought. I feel more should should offer similar possitive offerings.
Heres one to test out .

Out of the 5 highest average prize money.
Back all of the ones paying $6.00 or more in races with 9 or more runners.
Old 25th April 2002, 07:42 PM

Glad you like 'em Bhagwan...

If you were to ask the average punter this question "what do you think the percentage of placed favourites are at Metro race meetings" what do you think the answer would be??? 75%? 80%.....Try 55%!! That's PLACED favourites! Surprised?

So theoretically, backing the favourites for a place using a standard bet would required each favourite to pay a TAB dividend of around $1.80 per horse to simply break even.

Being extremely generous and allowing the % of placed faves to stand at 60% would require a dividend of $1.65 per horse also just to break even.

Place punting can be profitable (as per my selection of Glen Monarch BR8 in other forum) but in order to make money, steer clear of the favourite as the odds are definitely not in your favour.

Remember this one too....the absolute WORST strike rate for favourites to be placed is down the straight 1200m at Flemington. Bookies LOVE those races!

[ This Message was edited by: Privateer on 2002-04-25 19:56 ]
Old 25th April 2002, 09:44 PM

Amateur,
1. Ave $$$ means the top five horses re their prizemoney earned per start. Eg 20 starts, $120000 = $6000 average per start. It's a class filter ( pretty raw though ).
2. 50%+ distance places means .. eg 5 starts at distance for 1 win 2 places is ok, 1 win 0 places or 1 place is not.
3. Sri Lanka and Kurrajong Mist must have either a) not met 5 or 6 of the 6 criteria b) been in a race where another horse met the same criteria and therefore was a no bet race or c) I'd had too many beers and missed them.
Old 26th April 2002, 05:36 PM

Thanks mr magic. You don't drink and gamble at the same time do you. Only joking as I like your post. have you or anyone else had dealings with a Mr odds. Multiple betting. His name is Deniss and seems nice enought but i suspect a con.
Leslie