Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd January 2005, 02:04 PM

Sorry to dissapoint you mate...but i was lucky enough to stumble on the best forum for help....you just tell them what you need and they well provide answers very quickly http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/index.php
Old 2nd January 2005, 04:43 PM

Yeah the guys on there are terrific and very quick to help, mostly U.K. guys.

A great resource!!!
Old 3rd January 2005, 11:26 PM
puntz

Exclamation

How's this for an idea, this thread can continue with these type of spreadsheet tips. The advantage is it may possibly stay tuned to racing, or just mostly what's commong around here,sports and numbers, right ?!,
Point is, lets say a discussion gets going, and most have their own version of things in a spreadsheet, but there is no common ground, or a common platform to experiment with....
So, let's say Shaun's example, that very formula is used for a number crunch.
Let's say then those that participate have excel, and what's always common with these things, the tedious tasks.
So then the solution would be to "employ" the same name experimental file, same name sheets,and when sheets need to be cleared, just learn to paste a universal macro from here. It's harmless, it simply clears the sheets upon any topic of discussion at the time.
My version of clearing sheets by macro is: (contribution)

'+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
'CLEAR SHEETOING ++
Sheets("SORT1").Select '+
Cells.Select '+
Application.CutCopyMode = False '+
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp '+
Range("A1").Select '+
'CLEAR SHEETONE '+
'CLEAR SHEETOING '+
Sheets("SORT2").Select '+
Cells.Select '+
Application.CutCopyMode = False '+
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp '+
Range("A1").Select '+
'CLEAR SHEETONE ++
'++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
See !!
there is no need to have a diverse array of lingo's when trying to explain something.
SORT1 and SORT2 are just examples,a start.
Two clean sheets in excel with a macro to clear numbers and get on with the next task when trying to explain, in particular, horse racing number crunch issues,in a way it's understood, here.
It may avoid having to RTFM's ,( Help-less files) and may even possibly avoid end up becoming a rocket scientists !, when all ya wanna do is put a bet on !

Perhaps the icons can be avoided to, somehow.

Last edited by puntz : 3rd January 2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 4th January 2005, 01:40 AM

Any formulas that i have or can get for people to extract information or to do what they need in excel i will provide np......i could even create a file that would extract the information you need and show you where you imput your info to creat ratings with out you giving away any information that is private....if anyone needs help let me know.
Old 4th January 2005, 07:33 AM
Former Member

Question Retirement Staking Plan on excel

Have any of you "Spreadsheet Boffins" managed to get the Retirement Staking Plan into an excel spreadsheet format yet?
It's proving difficult for a pea brain such as myself.
Many genuine punters consider the retirement plan to be the beast staking plan ever devised.
Old 4th January 2005, 08:51 AM

have not used that for ages will have it for you later today
Old 4th January 2005, 09:35 AM

Smile Retirement Plan in Excel

Hey all,
I have a version of the rtetirement plan I use in Excel if anyon is interestd. It does most things itself, but the BET is calculated and retyped over top so it becomes a whole number and a bet of $4.46 for example.

Not sure if perfect or not, and am willing to also pass to more genius people than I for input also, wouild be apprciated actually.

Tennedos
my mail is
laish at optusnet dot com dot au
Thanks alll
Old 4th January 2005, 10:24 AM

wow, you guys look a lot more advanced at this stuff than me. this thread should be interesting.

out of interest, how do you extract the info from Ozeform? I'd have thought you would need a script/bot to do that; ie go to the site, log in, form search, type horse's name (correctly - and if more than one horse with that name in the db, select the right one), etc.

Seems like a lot of hard work to me. Ive been a regular of ozeform for a few years now, but have only used the db on and off as i find the form search tedious.

I created a very basic spreadsheet for the Sportscolour info. It converts the sectionals into a whole number for ease of reading, compares each time to a race average etc. I also have a basic one that converts raw times & 600m sectionals into Time & pace ratings (for Sydney).

I am now working on a new spreadsheet which will use the Ozeform ratings to derive a Class Rating for a race. Any help on extracting info from the site would be appreciated.
Old 4th January 2005, 01:46 PM
puntz

Talking

I have the 9/4 staking plan on spreadsheet if anyone want's it,
leave email.

Where is the other staking plans ? I may be able to sheet those to.
Old 4th January 2005, 02:07 PM

Looks like i am a bit late...created a retirement staking plan in excel this morning if anyone interested let me know....brave chief...i don't use ozeform any more but all i used to do was go to the race form page and copy paste to excel....then the excel page i had setup would extract the info...a little crude in some ways but it worked fine because the ozeform pages are evenly space at 9 lines it was easy to do....i now do this with cyberhorse

Last edited by Shaun : 4th January 2005 at 02:17 PM.