Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th March 2005, 03:51 PM

Nuisances is probably closer to the truth.
Old 29th March 2005, 03:58 PM

Cool The Mounting Yard

Hi Marcus,
Yes, you are right. Was thinking more along the line of how many factors there are.

I'll always remember standing at the fence with Tony when after a jockey was legged up, the horse had a dump. This is a definite negative so was automatically given the flick. Naturally the horse went terribly ;-)

Regards, Gary
Old 29th March 2005, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duritz
Ooh, ooh, I know!! How about horses who have an erection? I part own a colt who wouldn't load in a mixed trial because he had an erection behind the stalls and was "spraying" the fillies!!!! Is that a good sign??

Your colt really isn't exceptional Duritz. The author quotes a 7 day study by Dr M Tischner who found that of the 7 stallions he watched (using a flashlight at nights) they had an average of 7.4 erections per day, 3.8 full erections and attempted to masturbate 4.1 times. The stallions spent 38 minutes a day on average with an erect **********, 19.5 minutes of this time was spent masturbating. Sue McDonnel however in her study found an average of 18 erections a day in stabled horses, 75% of them including masturbation (broken down in to 83% bounces, 57% presses and only 13% pelvic thrusts). This book doesn't skimp on detail. However ejaculation was only observed on 4 of 447 occasions so maybe your horse was good performer - outside the stalls at least.
Unfortunately sexual signs are not a good omen for the horses winning prospects. Perhaps you should consider it for breeding.

KV
Old 29th March 2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swooper
One area that I always have concern with is, when the clerk takes hold of mounts on the way to the barrrier. I have always seen this as a negative and tend to leave these runners alone. Would be interested in others thoughts on this.

Regards, Gary

Hi Gary,

Yes, "Grabbed by Clerk" is one of his sixty variables. Scores a -5 on the richter scale (Erections are -15 Duritz). Anything other than a calm horse is pretty much a bad sign and if the clerk has to grab him I guess he ain't calm.

KV
Old 29th March 2005, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swooper
Hi Marcus,
I'll always remember standing at the fence with Tony when after a jockey was legged up, the horse had a dump. This is a definite negative so was automatically given the flick. Naturally the horse went terribly ;-)

Regards, Gary

Dumping scores a -8.

KV
Old 29th March 2005, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhanlon
P.S.um..men vaccuming in the nude....very funny....never done it myself....is there a racing system in there somewhere?

I quote from the book here (and hope I don't infringe copywrite).
"While investigating this rather indelicate matter of horse masturbation I came across some information that needs to be passed on to punters in the interest of occupational health and safety. Surgical registrars at two London hospitals reported on several disturbing cases involving penile injuries to humans caused by, of all things, vacuum cleaners. In one case a 60 year old man said that he was changing the plug of his Hoover Dustette vacuum cleaner in the nude while his wife was out shopping. The machine 'turned itself on' and caught his ********** causing severe lacerations. In another case a 65 year old signalman bent down to pick up his tools and caught his ********** in a vaccuum cleaner which happened to be switched on." So it goes on.

I like an author who is concerned about the welfare of his punting friends as they go about their household chores.

KV
Old 30th March 2005, 08:38 AM

Oh believe me, we are very aware that our colt isn't exceptional...... and as for the breeding? Well, unless you can find a way to breed without gazoolies, 'cos he's now a gelding.

Very funny anecdotes about the vacuum cleaning mishaps btw... Imagine trying to convince the doctor's/nurses of that.

"No, really, that's what happened!!" you say to the hot nurse who's looking at you with contempt.

I think I am going to get this book.
Old 30th March 2005, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Looks very interesting KennyVictor. Lots of photographs, figures & tables. Based on observation of over 10,000 horses. Love the claim that by simply betting on favourites with perfect behavioural handicaps it is possible for a casual racegoer to turn a normal 5% loss into a 10% profit.

Hi Paddy,

You've obviously read the book I'm interested to know if you felt you gained anything useful from it since it's sort of off at a tangent from most peoples way of picking a winner.
It's so opposite from my selection style (which is to sit in front of a computer and pretty much bet on the horses without even knowing their names, in fact lately I don't even listen to the races on the radio let alone watch them) that most of the time I can't really employ anything from the book directly. I have to say though that on the rare occasions when I go to the track it will make my day out more enjoyable and if I'm tossing up between a couple of close selections watching them at the track or on TV having read the book may well make the choice of which one I pick a lot easier.
Plus of course I'll always vacuum a lot more safely in future.

KV
Old 30th March 2005, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVictor
Hi Paddy,

You've obviously read the book I'm interested to know if you felt you gained anything useful from it since it's sort of off at a tangent from most peoples way of picking a winner...

KV

Well actually I'm in the process of reading it KennyVictor.
Lesson 1 already learnt. Be careful how you carry out your parade ring inspection

As you know GH has concluded that signs of sexual behaviour reduce a horses expected chance of winning by 15%.

Well here I am first time at the mounting yard after flicking through the book (I normally flick through & then read in depth later). I'm thinking the direct approach is the best way to go, so as each horse goes past I look at them squarely in the eye, give them a wink & ask just loud enough for them to hear.....did you get any last night!??

Well! I can tell you...little reaction from the neddies, but the comments / looks received back from the strappers had to be heard / seen to believe

PS: if you're on the make, why not try the Paddy approach next time you're at the races......you might be pleasantly surprised

PPS: a pair of good running shoes is also highly recommended!

Last edited by Paddy : 30th March 2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 2nd April 2005, 11:58 AM

Heh, heh, you're right Paddy. I asked my sister if I could feel her horses subcutaneous fat the other day (as recommended by GH) and got a very funny look. :-)