Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th June 2002, 01:41 PM

Anyone know anything about Elite Racing Data? Thoughts, opinions, experiences?
Old 4th June 2002, 10:35 PM

I have twice deleted a posting saying that anyone who sells racing information is a scamster because if it was any good they wouldn't sell it.

We do not need that low level of debate on the Forum.

It's like saying any information provider is a scamster eg. writers of investment and share tipping publications because if their information was any good they wouldn't sell it, they'd just buy the shares themselves.

It's like saying NOONE who provides information for a fee based upon hours of effort and research is honest.

That just does not hold up and is not required here.

Old 5th June 2002, 12:32 AM

According to Practical Punting it nearly made a profit in Syd. & it performed stronger in Syd. than Mel.
You have a choice of multi betting to prices which did`nt pan out or betting to top selection which nearly panned out.
Spend the money if you want a expensive form guide.
I recon you would do better just focusing on the 1st. 3 favs.in newspaper markets with 20%+Win & 40%+Place record & go from there.

Old 5th June 2002, 03:39 AM

Hi Quapi

Nice to see you moderating the forum without biase and for sticking up for honest people.

Tell me, if you had a system which genuinely worked and would work consistantly how would you prove it to us system users.

And, providing it did do what you say it does, how much would you think was a reasonable figure to ask for it. After all the years you had spent on it.

Many thanks.
Old 5th June 2002, 09:44 AM

You cannot compare apples with oranges.

Comparing shares and horses is not logical.
The more people buying shares the better for shareholders, the more people betting on a horse the worse for existing ticket holders.

1. If 10,000 people go and buy plenty of shares someone has recommended - what happens?
The share price goes up -bigger profit for existing holders

2. If 10,000 people go and bet on a horse - what happens? The dividend shrinks - existing ticket holders (excl fixed odds) have their dividends slashed and they either win less or lose.

If someone had a method to pick a good share of winners at good odds - they could make a good tax free income of say $1,000/week.

Why would they try and sell their system and make a ST gain of say $50k or $100k and have consumer affairs and ACA chasing them, when they could make a LT gain of 10 times that???

Old 5th June 2002, 10:35 AM

Trend,

I agree that a purchased "system" that tells you to bet on a particular horse will basically never work (for TAB betting anyway) because of the dividend reduction that occurs. If you want one of these systems you will have to develop it yourself! Certainly any rational person that had such a system that worked would not sell it - as you say a tax free income of 50-100K per year (or more) FOR EVER would be far better than the short term profit from selling it.

However you have to be careful not to lump all racing information providers into that category - there are quite a few that are simply trying to do the "hard work" in collecting and analysing form etc but the final betting decision is up to the individual. In this case it can be helpful as different people will come to different conclusions from the same data (so they will not be betting on the same horses). I have never heard of Elite Racing Data so I don't know what type of service/system they are selling.
Old 5th June 2002, 10:50 AM

Hello Rogersanchi:

As moderator of the Forum I need to ensure that postings fall within the Terms of Use which can be accessed via the link near the top of the page.

quapi

[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-06-05 10:51 ]
Old 5th June 2002, 03:22 PM

There's a big difference b/t doing good research and putting together a punting paper/mag like the Sportsman/Wizard or Best Bests and selling it for $4 or $5, and putting together a system which is advertised to pick lots of high priced winners and selling it for $10,000.

Selling tips for $33/tip is also just as questionable, given as propun pointed out a punter would have to outlay $330/bet to expect to break even on a LT basis.

There's an old saying "Those who can - do, those who can't - teach"

While some ex-sportsman go on to be coaches etc - the best sportsman usually ain't the best teachers and the best coaches ain't the best sportsman.

In racing its "Those who can find winners back them, those who can't sell systems"

Old 7th June 2002, 12:12 AM

Hi Roger/Ken
If you can sell it for 999Pd or 499Pd, you must be a philantropist...!

I do not think you pose a "threat" to Pro-Punter as you specializes in dogs- although I believe that one could use your system on horseracing as well, provided one catches the races where there are only 6 runners?

To be so bold as to ask- would the number of people who use your system not influence the prices to go down too low? Are you going to put a "cap" on the number of people buying it? Or is the UK not using the same TAB system as down here?

What worries me with such a system is that with technology today, it would be very easy to rip it off... Programmers like challenges! And then "they" could start selling it under another name, etc etc etc.

Any chance for a cheap copy, seeing that I would be using it only occasionally? :wink:
Old 7th June 2002, 11:25 AM
puntz

supersoul,
1. If the program you want has parameters/settings, then make them variable and password protected.When the programer builds the program, the settings are "zero". You take it home, and put in your settings to what you think it is.

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2002-06-09 23:54 ]