Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th August 2005, 07:01 PM
Banned

Apart from profit, what is missing from every single last one of these systems?

Xanadu's quoted comments above deserve to be engraved upon the punters shrine - you know, that unspoken place of gnashing teeth where every mug punter finally goes to rest beaten, bruised and eternally broke.
Old 17th August 2005, 03:10 PM

Default Ripper of a System

This system is located at http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=1006. The rules are as follows:

Rule 1: Operate on all flat races where every horse has had at least five starts.
Rule 2: Calculate the "win conversion factor" for each horse by diving the number of wins by the number of places (including wins).
Rule 3: The horse with the highest ratio is the selection provided it meets the following criteria:
Rule 3a: Minimum win conversion factor of 0.4.

Rule 3b: Career win/place percentage of 45% or more.
Rule 3c: Finished in top six last start and within 4.5 lengths of the leader.

Last edited by Glenno : 17th August 2005 at 03:12 PM. Reason: URL needed correcting
Old 18th August 2005, 04:13 PM

Wink

Whooooooah!!! Dr Pangloss,

Take a Bex, have a cup of tea and a good lie down....don't get your "knickers" in a knot.
"Me thinks ye protesteth too much..."
Very entertaining though.
I haven't replied since you posted as I only noticed it today.
You've given me a great deal of mirth.

Last edited by xanadu : 18th August 2005 at 04:17 PM.
Old 18th August 2005, 04:40 PM
Banned

Default from one plod to another

Thats what I needed, a powdered Bex or two.

Now that my head is clear and the pulse rate down to normal what did you think of our friend's PBent publication? Just thinking of silly stupid backfitting systems gets me me me me me ..........time for another Bex.
Old 19th August 2005, 06:15 PM
Suspended.

'Apart from profit, what is missing from every single last one of these systems?'

I guess the answer to that is long term profit being number 1 reason as mentioned.

No. 2, and this is the biggy, being the total lack of any systems ability to 'reason'.

Possible success for any system is adding reason to it's selections but then it's no longer a purely mechanical system.

Systems are a great way for new punters to enter the fray without too much damage but the end goal is to be able to 'do the form'. Only then has a punter any hope of being able to eventually [and only in rare cases if your good enough] make small % profits.

Last edited by crash : 19th August 2005 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added point
Old 20th August 2005, 10:31 AM

Default Crash trash.

Hi crash: hope you don't mind the header, I just couldn't help myself.

Just wanted to say I don't agree on your opinion of systems in general. I was a total failure at form assessment and over the long term never managed to show a profit. I now have daily reliable profit using a system so simple it beggars belief.

Just because the systems you may have experienced didn't pan out doesn't mean all systems are shyte. The trick is in finding which variables matter at what time.
Old 20th August 2005, 11:41 AM

Wink TWOBETS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOBETS
I now have daily reliable profit using a system so simple it beggars belief.

keep it close to your chest twobets, lest the forum curse has its evil way with you!
Old 20th August 2005, 02:59 PM
Suspended.

'Hi crash: hope you don't mind the header, I just couldn't help myself.'

Hi 2 bets, no I don't mind. Heck, with only 13 post on the board I'd be being uncivil to take offense from a newbie. I don't even mind if you disagree with my opinion on systems either but tell me something, after which one of your 2 bets did you decide your system was a long term winner ? [sorry, I couldn't help myself] 8-)
Old 20th August 2005, 04:06 PM

Default Crash

Ouche!
Old 25th August 2005, 11:40 AM

Default The 5-6-7-8 System

This system, located at http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=862, was created by Numerator on 31/5/2002. The rules are as follows:

Rule 1: Operate on Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane meetings.
Rule 2: Only look at TAB numbers 5, 6, 7 and 8 after morning scratchings.
Rule 3a: The BACKER UPPERS selection is any of these horses whose latest race was 5, 6, 7 or 8 days ago. It must be the only BACKER UPPERS qualifier amongst those numbers in the race.
Rule 3b: The HI STRIKERS selection is any of the horses whose win/place percentage for all its starts is 56.78 percent or more from at least 5 life starts. It must be the only HI STRIKERS qualifier amongst those numbers in the race.
Rule 3c: Any final selections from the above 2 systems that are qualify for both BACKER UPPERS and HI STRIKERS qualify as STUNNERS and are backed for triple the normal bet.