Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd June 2005, 12:34 PM

What I can't get my thick head around is that some 'Joe Blow' that nobody knows comes on here with the best bet of the year, and the mulitudes in their wisdom plonk their hard-earned on it....ya-know, they don't deserve a second thought....

Cheers.
Old 2nd June 2005, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirter
What I can't get my thick head around is that some 'Joe Blow' that nobody knows comes on here with the best bet of the year, and the mulitudes in their wisdom plonk their hard-earned on it....ya-know, they don't deserve a second thought....

Cheers.

Gday Squirter..

No plonking here, having said that I managed to lose on the race all the same..I gotta give the guy who posted the selection originally a lot of credit tho.. it does take balls to make a call like that... and I gotta say, I dont care how good anyone is at handicapping, we get it WRONG more often than we get it right, so good luck to the guy and more power to him I say..

As for those who jumped on without having a good look, it made the divvy for looming so much the better for those who backed it.. But that happens every day on the punt... Your enemy is not the bookie or the machine, but the other punter, and if they are willing to plonk on duds morer power to them. I am willing to take their money every now and then..by backing things that are a better chance... I am only sour that I lost on that race

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 2nd June 2005, 06:53 PM

No bet is a bet of the year, for a simple reason - the horse might not win. Each race is only one race, and anything could happen.

Personally I had a few others rated above the tipped horse, so for me it wasn't such a great tip. In any case you might feel like you have a strong bet, but "Bet of the Year" (and on a 2 year old maiden filly to boot!)- no, that's nonsense.
Old 2nd June 2005, 07:29 PM

Get on next start for mine.
If somebody knocked off my price like that the horse would not have been winning either.