Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th January 2005, 04:24 PM

Lightbulb Rules to do and not to do

Only bet the horses that I rate although mine is more to handicap the horses and not rate the the races.
Give away betting on horses that are talked up like Snitzel, Roadagain etc. Although Snitzel did put in a tough one these are the races that get me into strife.I never handicapped either of them.Then it took $500 on Super Elegant and $250 on Havana Wind to put me a little in front both top raters.
But I,m like everyone else most probably do the same again down the track.
Ceers people and have a winning 2005.
Old 16th January 2005, 12:27 AM

Here's a few of my gambling tips:

Never bet on low scoring sports that can result in a draw (eg. ice hockey, soccer, etc), as it's too easy for a favourite to lose if the underdog has one or two lucky shots.

Never bet against a home underdog.

Never place a bet without doing all your own research.

Before I finalize my bet, I ask myself if I have any doubts that the bet would win. If I'm not completely comfortable with the bet, then I don't place the bet. As a result, I usually only end up placing a few bets every day, but I manage to win about 95% of the time. The times I lose, it's usually the result of a big upset. The returns on the winning bets are small (1.05 to 1.3 usually), but consistent winning returns does mean profit.

Last edited by Silver_and_sand : 16th January 2005 at 12:54 AM.
Old 18th January 2005, 05:40 PM
Suspended

Gee Silverandsand.
One loss at $1.05 means a lot of hard previous earnings down the drain.
I prefer to take no less than $1.15 straight out,but may put the real shortie in a MULTI.
Old 19th January 2005, 01:59 AM

Hi Moeee,

You're right of course. A loss at 1.05 would mean a loss of a lot of previous earnings. I do my best though to try to filter out any potential non-winners. Any potential selection that I have even the slightly reason not to like, I will automatically throw it out. Maybe so far I've just been lucky. I know it will hurt when one of my favourites does lose, but hopefully I'll be ahead enough to be able to absorb the occasional loss.

Can I ask, do you do multis very often? I've only been doing single bets so far. I guess I like the idea of being able to make your own multi, but it must suck when one of the bets loses, and you lose the whole lot. How many bets do you usually fold into a multi? Several or just a couple?
Old 19th January 2005, 08:29 AM

When I do multis, it's usually only 2, 3 or 4 games. I've only had one go at a larger multi (7 games) and I won it. However, 1 of the games was won in extra time and 2 others were won in the last minute, so I think I was just lucky. It sure was exciting, but it was also excruciating having to go through all those results and I would have been very disappointed if I had got 6 winners out of 7 and got nothing.
Old 20th January 2005, 07:00 PM
Suspended

Default Too many cooks spoil the broth

My bets are often at about $1.30 so I put in about 3,maybe 4 to give me a about an even money or 2 to 1 return.
The prices you fancy would probably take about 4 or 5 to return this dividend but should give you a much better return overall.