Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th April 2005, 09:44 PM

The first bloke that has got to go is Chris Connelly - and then a few others after him.
Old 17th April 2005, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Steady
LIONS v HAWKS

I gotta say that was the easiest $2,355 I think I've won on a football match for a while - NEVER IN DOUBT.

Keep looking for the value.

Almost as easy as Richmond today.
Old 17th April 2005, 10:45 PM
Banned

Talking

Hey Rock,Iadmire your gambling ability however I cant help thinking that you fell off your bike and got up yourself

I am interested to see how you perform in the following weeks and if you are that good I might mirror your bets with a substantial less amount of course because I am not what would you say ...........ok a poor **************

I am quite often right with my predictions but always wrong in my execution of bets.Well more often than not anyway

Last edited by marko : 17th April 2005 at 10:49 PM. Reason: always do
Old 17th April 2005, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko
Hey Rock,Iadmire your gambling ability however I cant help thinking that you fell off your bike and got up yourself

I am interested to see how you perform in the following weeks and if you are that good I might mirror your bets with a substantial less amount of course because I am not what would you say ...........ok a poor **************

I am quite often right with my predictions but always wrong in my execution of bets.Well more often than not anyway

I'll pay that one. I like your style. I just had to have a go at mug punta. Mate, if you start a thread entitled " BET OF THE YEAR", you deserve to be bagged. Reading through some of the posts on this forum convinces me that collectively they haven't got a clue. I'm referring to mug punta (ain't that an appropriate name), Floydyboy and Betsy. I was going to give Betsy the benefit of the doubt after he showed some commonsense on the ATP thread but comments like "on ya bike" swayed me the other way.
Nothing wrong with being a poor ************** so long as you don't bag the "other **************s" that have got a quid. I've met a few in my time that want to bag people that have either got more money or more intelligence or both. It's called the "tall poppy" syndrome that Aussies are known for.

On the other point in your thread: Allocate a bank and bet to a certain percentage of that bank. KISS principle applies. KEEP IT SIMPLE......

Last edited by Rock Steady : 17th April 2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 17th April 2005, 11:29 PM
Banned

Point taken Rock but I strongly believe it takes money to win money the bigger the bet the bigger the win.You must have a decent bank to cover your losing runs .I might have $30 in my tab account and it will usually go up and down all day untill inevitably I give it back and sometimes I am logged in and out in 3 bets LOSE LOSE LOSE
So tell me how can I get rich with $30 or am I destined to forever being a donator for the TAB
Old 17th April 2005, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I'm referring to mug punta (ain't that an appropriate name), Floydyboy and Betsy. I was going to give Betsy the benefit of the doubt after he showed some commonsense on the ATP thread but comments like "on ya bike" swayed me the other way.
I was sticking up for a bloke who had just come off a loss mate, theres nothing between me and you unless you wanna have a go at ppl when they have a loss (although i agree that the name of the thread was a poor choice)
Old 18th April 2005, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko
Point taken Rock but I strongly believe it takes money to win money the bigger the bet the bigger the win.You must have a decent bank to cover your losing runs .I might have $30 in my tab account and it will usually go up and down all day untill inevitably I give it back and sometimes I am logged in and out in 3 bets LOSE LOSE LOSE
So tell me how can I get rich with $30 or am I destined to forever being a donator for the TAB

With a $30 bank, you are best doing what you are doing - having a bit of entertainment. True, hard to make serious money with $30 behind you.
Long term you are doing very well if you can make a POT of 10%. So realistically, if you want to make say $5000 for the year you need to generate turnover of $50,000. You might have 500 bets per year to generate turnover of $50,000 so your average bet size would be $100. Now I wouldn't recommend betting more than 2.5% of your bank on each selection so using simple maths, you can see that the STARTING BANK would need to be $4000.
Old 18th April 2005, 08:42 AM
Former Member

I shouldn't have called it Bet of the year, because, my research wasnt done properly. Fair Enough. I did however think it was the tip of the year thus far.
But, your personal attack is completely unjustified and you have some serious self esteem issues.
Every time I have had a few good wins I dont have to crow to the world how good I am, but you do.

If you kept your big mouth shut I would have applauded you because that was some great tipping and more importantly wagering on the weekend.
However, you just wanted to get personal because I didn't agree with your opinion.
I really couldn't care less what you have to say now so don't bother responding to this and dont write in my footy thread with my tips because you're not welcome there.
I have never tried to say that im the best footy punter here at this forum and the only reason I started that thread was because I don't track my bets properly and that forces me to do so.
Old 18th April 2005, 06:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
moeee,
I see you are still in fine form. It was a bath but not the one you wanted.

Well done on your tips this week.
But it's not very professional of you to continue bagging people after the event!
Old 18th April 2005, 06:42 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Hawthorn + $2,355
Geelong + $518

Profit so far for Round 4 = $2,873

If Geelong were rated at 75% and 70% was available the differential is less than 10%.
How did Geelong qualify as value?