Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th August 2009, 09:26 PM

Default Seminole

Anyone who follows the dogs would know the state distance annd sprint finals are on at the moment and tonight something special happened in honour of a wonderful bloke who isnt with us any more.

Michael Thrupp. A wonderful bloke who graced the Albion Park track for many years. I've had the pleasure of knowing Mick for 8 years now. He's a loud, crude and rude b*astard. But aside from that he is a top bloke who was always there to lend a hand or a helping thought whenever one needed such.

This bloke could be found every Monday and Thursday night surrounding the Table of Knowledge and while most people look at the fellas who sit there and think 'noisy old aaaaaas' there was more to it than that. These fellas have about 40-50 years in the game off greyhound racing. They love it.

Its why writing this brings a tear to my eye. Mick Thrupp passed away on Monday night after a long battle with cancer. The larrikin gave it his all but like many people before with the big C decided it was his time to say hoorah and farewell which is why tonight i watched with intrigue as many QLDers did the State Distance final at Albion Park. Mick Thrupp had Seminole, a grand ol galloper engaged in the final. It had drawn favourably in the checks and looked a chance, to do it one last time for Mick. And salute he did. Taking up his customary rearward position early Seminole threaded his way thru the field and hit the front at the home turn to win by a length and a quarter. Ive been told there wasnt a dry eye at the Albion PPark track and as me and my dad watched it in our lounge room we shed a few tears for Mick Thrupp.

Seminole will now go to the National final in Perth in a few weeks and god willing everyone will shed a few more tears if this girl can do it for her larrikin trainer and dad MICK THRUPP. hoorah Mick i hope u saw it from up there. we all miss u!!!