Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th November 2007, 09:30 AM

Default Oaks Day

With Oaks Day being the lesser of the four day Flemington carnival I have done very little form study.
There are a few I like
Race 3 #2 Sandton. Won very well in open grade last start
Race 8 #1 Lucky Secret. Looks like he could be a fairly good horse

In the Oaks I don't mind El Danna, Riva San, Arapaho Miss and Serios Speed. Wide open however and wouldn't suprise to see anything win.

Post your thoughts

Good Luck
Old 8th November 2007, 09:51 AM
Suspended.

Thumbs up

Definitely a dart day!

OAKS
Being only 3yr. old fillies, quite a few of these have been up too long to handle this and many are also not going to get the distance. Taking that on-board, I like Arapaho Miss e/w at the distance. Gets a good barrier this time. Who knows?

Empress Stakes
The darts say Riberio or Woodwin.

r3 Giving Potomac another go e/w. If the speed is on might surprise.

r4 Rough Chance, a good e/w roughy who is over from Adelaide. Well bred and from an astute stable.

Good luck!
Old 8th November 2007, 11:08 AM

Good luck to all today I won't be investing to much today

Race 1: I don't mind Soliel and Mistake Creek not sure what odds to expect but they both look chances in a fairly open race

Race 2: hard race thought Sunburnt Land looked hard to beat but doubtful any great value one I didn't mind e/w was El Pretender the trip should not be any trouble ran a nice race behind Emerald Jack last start in the Crabourne Cup he then came to town and run a nice race last start flashing home for a placing in front of tuesdays winner Flash Trick looks a good e/w bet anyway.

Race 3: not overly interested have backed Potomac at it's last 2 races if i win early on maybe another go

Race 4: Just felt Smile of Desire might pull a rabbit out of the hat today has some ability could be a chance here.

Race 5: good luck always a hard race was looking at bit of value here in Distraction and Stratus Faction didn't mind Sensational Toy in this aswell.

Race 6: Hardest Oaks I have ever seen I like El Daana personally and the odds could be decent she'll run the trip I have no problems with that I could name about 6 others here that are chances so I'm not going to bother I like El Daana and will work most things I do around her in this.

Race 7: Raeburn, Ombre & Woodwin are the ones i don't mind here not sure which I like the best right now maybe Ombre but I will wait till the race comes around.

Race 8: No Interest

Race 9: Don't mind O'Reillys Clock thought he would be good e/w value in the last

Only other tip for the day is Rangefire in the 7th in rocky today my best mate owns the horse and we will be going to watch the races there today heavy track won't be an issue i don't feel
Old 8th November 2007, 11:27 AM

Awesome start man this has been a hell of a carnival for me cannot possibly lose today now just amazing.
Old 8th November 2007, 11:29 AM
Suspended.

Smile

2. Roslotta e/w has to be a moral on a day like this [think tattslotto]. Not a bad run last start either!
Old 8th November 2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Instinct

Race 2: hard race thought Sunburnt Land looked hard to beat but doubtful any great value
$5 and drifting at the moment
Old 8th November 2007, 02:01 PM

Sandton was very dissapointing. Didn't give anything when put under pressure.
Old 8th November 2007, 03:14 PM
Suspended.

Oh boy, Arapaho Miss $7.90w you beauty!
Old 8th November 2007, 04:56 PM
Suspended.

I'll have a go on the Polish number in the last I think. What the hell.
Old 8th November 2007, 05:19 PM

ive had a very decent day

missed the first three races cause i was sleeping lol but had picked out gallopin last night so missed that one.

started with gamble me. backed it for a bit and got the quinella with beaming.

didnt catch the winner in the fifth, but i did grab the trifecta. i had my money on not a copy but guild was just too strong

had a saver late on arapaho miss in the oaks when they reported it being backed on track. that saved me a bit in that race cause i had a big go on riva san which did nothing

race 6 was a bad race for me no return

got miss judgement up in the eighth. had a decent go with it and also had a fair bit on the quinella, it and lucky secret but it faltered.

dismal effort in the last, was on correct amoondo.... just a bit too much weight in the turn around i think. i think the only people who would have backed the winner would have been followers of the sire O'Reilly with the master oreilly success, it had ordinary form with its best runs on rain affected going.