Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th July 2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

Default Doomben Dribble

Race 1.
I like Sundae Jester here....his last 2 runs have been excellent..even though it says a 6 and a 7 next to his name..he's got the good barrier and a good young jock...i'm hoping for some value here ..hopefully they come for a few ...i also dont mind Sungift down the bottom..pope is flying at the moment and in this open race with the speed on he'll be running on late..
will back both and go wide with the tri.
Race 2.
Stirling seems all the rage here...thought he should of done better last start with the good run and he's got the bad barrier but he'll be improved i'm guessing......i like cabin party ...i like the breeding and it was a good win last start..gets right back so the barrier doesnt matter and will be at good e/w odds..
Race 3.
I was on Abu Simbel last start...good win although it took him awhile to get there...he had the bad barrier though..Tearinup looks to have stayer all over him...he relaxes well and just sticks on....
i have these evenly rated but Abu gets the nod because of the barrier..
will back Abu but include Tearnup in there somewhere,,if Picaplace accepts put him in there as well..nice trifecta
Race 4.
Blue oyster looks good here..great run last start..both him and Amused will be the ones flying late,,
they've worked out that Blue oyster is better ridden cold........theres not much speed in this race not like the ideal pace last time for Blue oyster.....i can see Merry pierce leading with maybe Viking groom.. if they can dictate Merry be hard to catch with no weight...
Will have a e/w on Merry and go wide with the tri...i think the toppy also has claims..
Race 5.
Not a race i'm keen on...Jimmy from the inside should get the run..but he finds it hard to win...my guess is though that Byrne will be extra keen to get this one over the line if he wants that premiership..
Race 6.
Very keen on umatrick here...He's flying .....can see Mitani and Grab the phone leading with Road to heaven there somewhere aswell..
will set it up nicely for Umatrick and Champion Star.....Sir dan is the one i'd be worried about but he doesnt start well and could be midfield on the inside which wont suit....Malta could be the one who'll get the best run in the race will kick up inside and get a nice trail,,.....Champion Star might just need this run..but will give a good sight .
Umatrick...veryyyyy confident great trifecta race and 1st4
Race 7.
heaps of speed here...poetic papal will love this tempo,,,did well to get close last start....Zoe's lad down the outside will be the one that will scare ..but hopefully Poetic from the good barrier gets a better run..Shysu flys around this track and if they get caught napping she'll be off...but i can see a nice tempo in this that will suit the toppy..
The weight is a worry but Zoe's got the bad barrier ...hard to seperate them ..might be better to go for both....
Race 8.
Spur Me On..at nice e/w odds ...did so well last start against the Princess ...he had a huge weight ...is good 2nd up ...Sandy Shore is the flashy one i'd be worried about..

Good Luck all....still doing the form for the other states ..will post them alittle later..even have a few in Melbourne who will have no chance
Old 29th July 2005, 11:06 PM
Banned

Sydney
Race 4.
Cool Phantom. e/w..great run last start..Dye on board ..open race this one..also have Jeteye, Break the barrier, Ducks and Lancaster Park in the book...might box them all in a tri...
Race 5
She's in Demand ..comes in nicely with the claim..fuji is flying at the moment..
Solomons Seal to grab a place .
Race 6.
Dance hero ...this horse is tuff ..looked so strong in the Straddie..Sparky is a flyer but i reckon Dance hero will pressure him to much...i can see Courts in Session making a move before the turn ...so they'll be taking off early...Cool Front suited by the break neck speed will place..
Race 8.
Desert Ransom...loomed up in the straight last start but died...i saw enough in that run to think maybe he's getting back to his old form...Quinn knows him well...should be nice e/w odds..
Lorenzo ..won so well last start...if he accepts ..will get the lead and could pinch it..

Melbourne (no chance)
Snappy Tom...Carizzi Strip...Marwina Lass....Better Star

Adelaide
Race 3
Woman Eyes to catch Clearview on a good track,,if its dead or slower Clearview just keeps winning..
Race 4
Pipkin....great run last start..peaking now..good jockey ...
Race 6
Sparkling Now..love this horse...will be suited by the crazy speed up front here..she'll sit behind them and be the strongest in the last 50m...
very confident
Race 7
Bleveeka...this horse has burned alot of people ..promised so much...2nd against Aerated is good form..Dunn is the key to get this horse over the line..
very confident here..

Kembla Grange
Blue Patriarch
Belmont
Miss Copycat
Gold Coast
Counter Agent
Old 30th July 2005, 12:58 AM

Thumbs up

G'day...
looking for a good day tomorrow so here goes...

Race 1 - My good day won't start here, ordinary race. When a horse who has won 4 from 42 is in the market, it might be a sign to stay clear. Maybe Sundae Jester and Volcanic Scene, with Caprill a place chance at odds. Next please....

Race 2 - Even bunch of 2yos here. Barriers, i think, will play a significant role. Having said that i'm going for the horse drawn 1 from the outside (obviously). I liked the win of Cabin Party first up and i think she has a good bit of potential. Matinee obviously the one to beat after the fitness run out at Ippy. The first starter from the Baliey camp bears watching too. Don't take short odds here though...

Race 3 - No idea. I can never figure these staying races out and i don't think i'm about to start here. Picaplace won well last time and the distance shouldn't be a worry, very good trainer too. The 2 Collins runners (Tearinupthecountry and Tsolias) are nice chances too, the barriers are a little concern though.

Race 4 - Can't really pinpoint why, but i don't mind Navajo Code here from the rails. Made up some ground late last time over 1400 so the 1600 should suit (heres hoping that there is some decent speed on). He shouldn't be as far back as last time either. The alleys of some of the favoured runners are a concern (Amused and Blue Oyster). Bavosa will go forward and may prove tough to run down and Frottage hasn't had conditions to suit lately, could improve here.

Race 5 - Can't see any obvious speed here. In Shanghai might press forward, Jimmy The Bear can be 'handyish' but outside of that...? The last time Jimmy The Bear won was 1 year ago (his 3rd win from a lot of starts, aided by a perfect M. Rodd ride) but he always seems to be around the mark which is why, from the 1 with J. Byrne on board, i think he can go close. Tackman has ability and shouldn't be too far away and maybe Hoofer for a place on the back of a reasonable run last time. Alifly and Argyle Lass may not get the right speed here...

Race 6 - Tough, tough race. Looks to be good speed from Grab the Phone, Road to Heaven and Mitanni so the swoopers should get their chance. For that reason i like Umatrick aswell. Been in great form lately and the journey will suit nicely. Picablu seems to have recaptured some of his old form and is a good chance with Promoted maybe a place chance too. Mitanni will win again soon, but he'll do so without me (6 times bitten, 7th time shy?)

Race 7 - I like Hialeah Star here. Good fresh horse and will be on pace. Excels around doomben, so in a tough race...the 8 or 9s in the paper look acceptable. Having said that, if they go mad out in front Sir Mukafast and Zoe's Lad look to have the race in their keeping. Again, i wouldn't be taking skinny odds about any of them...too even

Race 8 - Best of the day. Very confident that Spur Me On can get the cookies here. Speedy horse who can run some quick times with big weights. Has been disadvantaged by wet tracks in a number of his runs, but with no rain about...he should get everything to suit tomorrow, especially with a couple of other speed runners already scratched from the race. He'll get on pace and it'll take a good one to catch him. Stipend has been running well in and around Rocky and Sandy River can go alright...just think he may been looking for a touch longer (don't like the weight much either).

Best is Spur Me On with value coming from Navajo Code...hope theres a winner or 2 there...

Good luck with you bets tomorrow

Sven
Old 30th July 2005, 07:43 AM

Don't have alot of time to do this this week and I probably won't bet much in brissie this week anyway thought the races were pretty average on a whole all day but here goes.

Race 1: Generalissimo I thought had a good chance to maybe put back to back wins on the board here other than his last run he dropping massively in class of horses and is not badly in at the weights certainly worth an e/w bet.

Race 2: Hard race here probably will stay out myself however Welcome Site might be ok as an e/w bet in this one not drawn to get any favours but it's runs might be better than they look so far this prep.

Race 3: No thanks!!!!!

Race 4: Navajo Code is a horse I think will improve in this race wasn't to bad a run last start and if it can take advantage of the inside gate today then it just might be able to win this I wouldn't to be taking anything under double figure odds for it though. The other one I liked is drawn out in the car park Amused was a huge run last start doubt it will settle any closer this week.

Race 5: Another No thanks ordinary race this one.

Race 6: I like Malta and if he can settle a bit closer today I think he can be winning this today avoiding having to make yet another long wide run. of the others I think Sir Dan is the hardest to beat great run behind King Rex last start in the Ramornie and also 1st up behind Umatrick was only beaten a length.

Race 7: Hialeah Star for me here 1st up she has a very high cruising speed out in front and just might take a fair bit of catching around Doomben the main danger for me might be Sir Mukafast had good form before being stuck very wide in the Ramornie.

Race 8: A horse that I have always had a bit of time for was San Franfrisco and it looks have it's chance to notch up another win today certainly not the toughest of fields and looks to be real good speed in the race with Spur Me On in it.

Sydney: I don't mind a couple here as possible e/w bets Hillston Exchange in race 5 might be worth a look been running on pretty well it's last couple if it jumps well could be a show this time, Thought Courts in Session might be able to run a bit of a race here with all the speed in it he is the toughest of the main chances if hughie lets him go a bit earlier he just might be able to grind Dance Hero and Spark of Life into the ground, and in the last I thought that St. Tevoc might be a bit of a chance at pretty good odds e/w anyway.

Melbourne: No bets awful races hate betting at the valley anyway.

Adelaide: Strikes Back could be a good chance in the dermody will be bowling along out in front matter of whether the likes of Sparkling Now can catch him if he is better than 7-1 I will be having a long hard look at him in this race, Very hard race race 7 but I thought Suzie Mine was a good chance been running on well and with Hoppos claim is right in this Bleveeka probably the main danger in a very hard race.
Old 30th July 2005, 08:16 AM
Banned

Sydney:

Race 1: The Top 3 will fight this out - Goldtown was caught three wide and still came home to grab 4th on debut last start. Kings Pride also came home well and will appreciate the 1500m . Flion Fenena looks to have hit some form as well

Race 2: Cashout is very consistent and will get a place at least. Rectagonal and OCtzano both bolted home last start. A close one

Race 4: I think BtB will FINALLY get the well deserved win. Come home well in all of last 3 starts

Race 7: More than Hugs is my best bet today. two great wins before stepping up in distance which it didn't like. Comes back to 1200m to day so watch out

Race 8: Dial Tones as an outsider

Melbourne to come in a couple of hours
Old 30th July 2005, 11:35 AM
Banned

The Valley

Race 3: Bella Vinsky fought on very well at Sandown last start - the longer distance is in her favour. Vain Burg dashed home last start and will relish the 1523m

Race 6: Dandy Kid just keeps on winning. MV 1200m you don't need the form of the runners to know he is in with a great chance

Race 7: I like another old timer here - Chattanooga with it's 63rd start. Has a very good reord here when running fresh, and the claim should bring it back to the pack in weight as well

Race 8: Lifelong Dream my best bet at Melbourne today. Last start won almost an identical race, and won another identical race the start before that. Never been beaten at this track and distance and should beat this ordinary field. Hong Kong Cheri the danger
Old 30th July 2005, 12:15 PM

Kembla Grange
R1 - 11 CHEEKIES, 1 TSAR CONI (11,1,10 - 18,5)
R6 - 1 DOUBLE ENTENDRE, 3 SAN VITALE

Doomben
R2 - 2 STIRLING, 9 MATINEE (2,9,4 - 7,1)
R3 - 7 ABU SIMBEL, 5 TEARINUPTHECOUNTRY
R4 - 2 BAVOSA, 3 BLUE OYSTER

Rosehill
R2 - 1 CASHOUT, 5 DESETTA (1,5,4 - 2,3)
R3 - 2 RACING TO WIN, 1 MOSSO (2,1 - 5,7,3,6)
R5 - 7 PRINCE FREDERIK, 6 APPALACHIAN (7,6,3 - 2,5)
R6 - 1 SPARK OF LIFE, 7 DANCE HERO (1,7,8 - 2,4)

Moonee Valley
R4 - 1 GENERAL CONCLUSION, 5 CHANGE OF CLASS (1,5,2 - 3,4)

Cheltenham
R6 - 9 BRETCARLYLE, 3 EMLOZZA (9,3,7 - 8,11,4)

Last edited by Sportz : 30th July 2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 30th July 2005, 03:16 PM

Wink please yourself

hey guys,,,got some info on race 6 melb,,,it comes from a little preson who is not riding today===
majestic flush,,,,,,,make your own call

gogogogo the hero.might have a grange tonight..

cheers gaz...
Old 30th July 2005, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Cheltenham
R6 - 9 BRETCARLYLE, 3 EMLOZZA (9,3,7 - 8,11,4)

Nice trifecta and first 4 here.

Luv2bet, I'm sure you will have cleaned up with Emlozza!!!
Old 30th July 2005, 05:30 PM

Talking

Your right sportz, I did clean up with emlozza, been very good to me this horse, had a very large bet on him today.