Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd September 2005, 09:46 PM

Default West Coast Vs Sydney

I don't know what other people think but this game is a disgrace. WC cant kick goals and sydney wont kick goals with 16 players in wc forawd line.

Both of these teams have no hope going on tonights game. Was waiting for the finals but after the first half i don't think ill bother if its going to be like this.
Old 2nd September 2005, 10:35 PM

The AFL need to do something about this clock running down and flooding. I'd be PxxxxD if i paid $45+ for a ticket to watch this crap. I'm watching it on tv and im PxxxD its a disgrace to the game and is turning me off.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 3rd September 2005 at 11:29 AM.
Old 2nd September 2005, 11:19 PM

Clearly the best game of football this year.

Please note Term of Use. Calling other posters names is not acceptable.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 3rd September 2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 2nd September 2005, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebookie
You're a knob-go back to racing.

Clearly the best game of football this year.

Too right, up there with the best in '05
Old 2nd September 2005, 11:32 PM

Best? You have to be kidding. The last qrt was the only real finals like football.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 3rd September 2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 3rd September 2005, 09:59 AM

Was an entertaining game alright, tough hard relentless footy. I enjoyed it at least.

racingnovice: Sydney's style of play is to get players back behind the ball so that when the opposition turn it over their is a mass exodus forward. Been playing like that for years under Roos. Considering the circumstances of the game (Subi, Finals etc) they had no choice, otherwise the way the Eagles came out of the blocks they would have been slaughtered. Did ya back Sydney to win by any chance? I did after tipping them on here with points - silly boy!!

Now for a whinge: I hate to do this but what is it with umpires and their decisions in the West? Last night, in the first quarter, tough hard finals football 'n all and a free kick was paid to cousins 'cos someone touched his hair - hello??? Couple other dubious free kicks paid that resulted in goals. This is not on, i get bit cranky when umpires clearly get it wrong and the outcome of the game is effected. Another time Glass chopped Hall's arms in a marking contest, no free and Wirrapunda clearly legged Goodes, albeit accidently, with the Umpi in perfect position. If you're gonna be there Umpi's please be consistent.

Finally, i must commend young Glass on his performance on Barry Hall. He scruffed and scragged him out of the game. Not good enough Barry. Also Kirk on Stenglein???????????? Or Stenglein on Kirk, either way made no sense to me. Gonna be tough for Sydney now, with a prelim to be held in Perth, Eagles almost a cert for GF.

Anyways enough blabber from me, look forward to Crows beating Saints. Have fun all and be good.
Old 3rd September 2005, 10:13 AM

Mad thank you . atleast someone can actually talk about the game and not just call people names. I thought Glass was close to best man on the ground with his job on hall. The umpires made a few mistakes espcially in the last qrt but i guess they feel the pressure to. And no i didnt back sydney i actually go for the eagles have since they joined the comp .
Old 3rd September 2005, 11:42 AM

Do we want all football games to be played in the same style? I hope not.

I watched the game on TV. It was great entertainment.

Sydney's efforts to maintain the close checking pressure on the big Subiaco Oval were amazing. It was a very high intensity game. Sydney were unlucky to lose. But at the same time don't take anything away from West Coast.

They played many goals better than they have in recent weeks. On that form they are just about a certainty to make the Grand Final. Then the big test will come. This year their form away from Subiaco has not been very impressive.
Old 3rd September 2005, 12:01 PM
Banned

Not a great game skill wise but the closeness made it exciting to watch, noticed that in the last few weeks that the eagles cant kick straight ,maybe they need nother set of post to aim at ?, like the other codes i cant believe at some of the descisions these umpires make, do they really know the rules or do they make them up on the run. [ no, i didnt have a bet on this game, got home too late]
Old 3rd September 2005, 12:09 PM

The Leo Barry - Stenglein standing the mark free kick was a shocker!