Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd August 2007, 12:49 PM

Default 2007 SPRING PUNTING COMP

Welcome to the Spring Punting Comp. It's sort of a mixture of the regular punting comps we used to have and the head to head comps I've run the last 2 times. I think it should be interesting.

During the months of August, September and October we will all be given a starting bank of $500 to bet with. We will be betting on any Unitab meeting covered on Saturdays and other major carnival meetings. The two people who end up with the most money in the bank at the end of each of those months will go through to the finals. So, we could have as many as 6 people in the finals or we could possibly have just two. The winner of each monthly comp will get a bonus $100 in their bank for the finals. Unlike the last couple of comps where some tipsters have been out of the running with a month still to go, this format will give everyone a chance of qualifying right up until the last Saturday before the finals. As per usual, the finals will be conducted over the four days of the Melbourne Cup carnival.

Please read the rules carefully...........

Rules:

1. Everybody starts with a bank of $500 for each month. If you lose the whole $500 before the month is up, that's it. You'll have to wait for the next month, when you will start again with a new $500 bank.

2. You do not have to bet on every betting day during the month, but you must bet at least $500 during the month to qualify.

3. The maximum amount you are allowed to bet on any betting day is $250, so that means you must bet on at least 2 days to qualify.

4. You can use any bet type which is available on Unitab, and we will be using Unitab dividends for the results.

http://www.tabonline.com.au/cgi-bin...page=/today.htm

5. The maximum amount you can spend on Win, Place & Each-Way bets is $100.

6. The maximum amount you can spend on Quinella, Exacta, Any2, Trifecta, First4, Double, Treble & All-up is $50.

Please make sure you correctly work out the cost of any multiple bets you have and don't go over the $50 maximum. On Unitab, you can use a 50c unit on multiples, and you can also use a 25c unit on First 4s.

7. If you have a scratching, please try to come back on and replace it. But if you can't, your money will simply be refunded. We will use TAB rules with regard to late scratchings in doubles and trebles.

8. Deadline for posting all of your bets is 1pm Qld time or the start time of your first bet, whichever comes earlier.

These are the betting days during August.
Saturday, August 4
Saturday, August 11
Saturday, August 18
Saturday, August 25

Last edited by Sportz : 2nd August 2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 2nd August 2007, 02:51 PM
Suspended.

I'm in Sportz.

Does any left over betting money during 1 month get added to the $500 for the next month?
Old 2nd August 2007, 03:09 PM

Hello Sportz-put me in thanks

Will
Old 2nd August 2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
I'm in Sportz.

Does any left over betting money during 1 month get added to the $500 for the next month?

No. Everyone starts each month on $500. And the idea is to try to be one of the top two punters for that month to get into the finals. Once the month is finished, no matter how much you had in your bank, you start again on $500.
Old 2nd August 2007, 03:34 PM

By the way, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what races Unitab are conducting First 4s on, but as a rule, it's usually the last 5 races in Bris, Syd, Melb & Adel and also one of the last 2 races in Perth.
Old 2nd August 2007, 04:29 PM

I'm in. Thanks for organising it Sportz.
Old 2nd August 2007, 06:36 PM
Banned

i'm already in just confirming...
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:33 PM

yep, i'm in and shall put my tips in on fri

twins' 6th birthday party on saturday so i don't think i'll be around - more like galloping around the back yard with 20 screaming kids!
Old 3rd August 2007, 08:39 AM
Suspended.

Doomben Sat.
6/1 Blood 'n' Bone 60w
7/7 Single Rose 60w
8/5 Consider Yourself 80w
Old 3rd August 2007, 04:05 PM

Caulfield

R1 N2 Pins On Parade $25 win.

Treble
6,7,8/5,7,10/4,13
50c