Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th April 2005, 10:08 AM

Cool NRL RD 5 PRE GAME WRAP

PANTHERS/STORM - Cant see anything but a storm victory especially with Alex chan back after suspension. If the panthers decide to start slow tonite, they will get touched up.If u back against the storm after last week, then u just dont know anything..............TIP- STORM

TIGERS/WARRIORS - Will tip the warriors to follow up on good victory last week. No confidence in that tip as the tigers have been impressive of late, but i just think that the warriors will outscore them in NZ.

DRAGONS/SEA EAGLES - Hard to pick, but i would actually like to know how u could pick the dragons. Probaly only on desperation stakes. You would think the sea eagles should outlast the saints pack. Kennedy, menzies to be the difference along with monahaghen. Saints internal problems will continue to go against them.......TIP-MANLY

SHARKS/COWBOYS - Sharks should be hard to beat at home, but they are due for an undisciplined performance. Once again how do u tip aganst the cowboys, and should prevail through their forwards solid work ethic and their back 3 getting them out of the danger zone........TIP......COWBOYS

BRONCOS/EELS - Nothing but a broncos victory here, they will be so embarrased about the debacle last week , they wont allow defeat here at home. Webcke, thorn ,civoneceva to steamroll the opposition quite comfortably....TIP.....BRONCOS

RABBITOHS/KNIGHTS - Will tip the knights here as they would have gained more last week than what the rabbitohs did. Looking for joey to put his stamp on things this week......They also should get the best of the crowd support from gosford.....TIP.......KNIGHTS

RAIDERS/ROOSTERS - mmmmm, Think the roosters better be careful here, i would have tipped the raiders had Ryan O,Hara been playing , but i think they lose too much go forward without him, and the rooster should be desperate enough. In saying that its a sit on the fence job i think....mmmmm, ah what the heck, lets go the raiders at home.......

In wrapping up people, the money is definatley with the broncos, i really cant find a way for them to get beat, and the 1.40 is great value.....GOOD LUCK
Old 8th April 2005, 07:26 PM

yep well the storm are finally into favouritism ...I watched the match last week and they were pretty impressive .....
Mind you my money was on the Broncs with some start (thats history )I hope to recoup that with them this week
Old 8th April 2005, 07:32 PM
Banned

every thing seems to point to the teams in form this week,but as seen so far this year anything is possible, and i think nearly every game COULD be go either way,only going to watch[hopefully] tonights game and see tomorrow what to bet on.

good luck everyone
Old 8th April 2005, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searay

If u back against the storm after last week, then u just dont know anything

Okay. I just don't know anything.

Last edited by Sportz : 8th April 2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old 8th April 2005, 09:30 PM

hehe me too, home ground advantage does play a part...we might even see the sharks get home this week
Old 8th April 2005, 09:45 PM

I dropped 50 in multis so only one bet for me now this weekend (except for the soccer) Im gunna lump on The Broncos and if they dont win well thatll do me for a few weeks
Old 8th April 2005, 09:58 PM

Id like to know how the books arrived at the prices for this match ....they obviously knew something we didnt and dont worry the money came for the storm in the last 12 hrs .......and with all due respect to you fan the home side advantage aint worth twenty and even allowing for that ,on face value Penrith shouldnt have opened less than 2.10...But as I said If it looks too good to be true etc etc
Old 8th April 2005, 10:41 PM

Floydyboy,

Bookmakers may be many things but dumb aint one of them. Most of the time when people say the bookies have their prices around the wrong way, they are proven to be right in the end. I had Penrith rated slightly in front tonight and the home ground advantage had a lot to do with that. Also there was the feeling that Penrith were due to turn in a big one with Priddis back. He is a BIG part of their team.
Old 8th April 2005, 11:32 PM

I agree about the books as I said in a previous post they are not a benevolent society ...Ill grant you hometeam advantage and I think a real good foward can make a big difference (I think maybe Manly are a good example of that, Kennedy making a big difference ,Im a fan of him and Menzies ,whether Manly go on with it is yet to be seen ) Sitting here scratching my head Im thinking as much as these guys are trained up ,match fitness and include team cohesion in that probably play a large part .so the first 3or 4 rounds are probably are more guess work than the rest of the season and from a betting point of view I think the rep matches throw a ************ spanner in the works . BUT Im afraid Im with Searay when he said if youd have seen these 2 teams last week you couldnt possibly have backed penrith HOME OR AWAY OR ON MARS and I dont know how you do your ratings but you couldnt have have used this years form to have Penrith in front ....I dont know maybe Im just looking at things the wrong way ......My 50 worth of multis will pale into the shadows (cant spell insinifigance ) to those who backed the storm into favouritism though......anyway no offence meant Im just rather perplexed .....CARN THE BRONCOS
Old 9th April 2005, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydyboy
BUT Im afraid Im with Searay when he said if youd have seen these 2 teams last week you couldnt possibly have backed penrith HOME OR AWAY OR ON MARS and I dont know how you do your ratings but you couldnt have have used this years form to have Penrith in front ....I dont know maybe Im just looking at things the wrong way ......My 50 worth of multis will pale into the shadows (cant spell insinifigance ) to those who backed the storm into favouritism though......anyway no offence meant Im just rather perplexed .....CARN THE BRONCOS

If someone had asked you to pick the winner of this match before the season started, who would you have picked? I would have picked Penrith with little hesitation and on my ratings, I would have had them winning by 10. Well, tonight I only had Penrith winning by 2, so you can see there's been an 8 point change in the ratings from Rd1 to Rd5. Penrith had gone down 2 points and Melbourne up 6 points.

As for last week's form, I don't think Penrith were disgraced in losing to Parra away and as for Melbourne's match, I pretty much disregarded that altogether. I mean, everything Melbourne touched turned to gold against a Broncos side that probably won't play that badly ever again. It was just like a training run for the Storm and I only raised their rating by 2 points after that game. It was never likely to be that easy away from Melbourne.