Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th April 2005, 12:21 AM
Banned

Smile ROUND 5 COMMENTS

DANGER game for the Kangaroos this week .I will still stay on the bandwagon of the kangas but I'd suggest anyone take the line bet offerred this week on the Hawks even though I don't know what the margin is.Wont surprise me if Hawks maintain the form of last week as the ROOS ARE DUE TO LOSE

FREO will do their usual trick and win at home after yet another pathetic away game with their midfield totally reversing form this week.If they don't they can say goodbye to finals this year I reckon (even though I never ever had them in any 8 of mine)

PORT GEELONG PORT GEELONG gee a real toughy but even though GEELONG has an abysmal AAMI record I have to take this game on form and Port are playing shocking footie but that said this could be 1 nail for Ports coffin and should come out swinging

SYDNEY I think should be too strong for Melbourne this week but again no surprise if melbourne won (albiet fairly narrowly)Bruce is a HUGE loss.

ADELAIDE ADELAIDE ADELAIDE Now this is THE form team I reckon .I rate them up there with the Eagles and reckon the Roos couldnt match them (at least not in Adelaide)They are playing great footie although,they like the Kangaroos have no depth and if Mcloed or Riccuito and a few other injuries come to pass they will struggle but until then they look good to me

I hope WEST COAST lose. I'll be a happy Roo if they do but.....................
The ground they like.....the weather, just like home ......form so much better than the lions.West coast for me but like Port, Brisbane will come out hard.

It's hard to guage how good Richmond were last week because Freo were just so very fatigued .Rock was right .Players arent machines (another reason the Bulldogs will wilt I believe).ST.KILDA has now learnt to live without St.Nick and will give Richmond a mighty contest.Plus I cant remember when Richos ever played well 2 weeks in a row (I know he may have but it wouldnt be very often at all).These Saints will be cherry ripe by the end of the season barring more misfortune.(may have worked in their favour that injury)

The bombers will take the wooden spoon this year from what I've seen so far.
They could well win this one AGAIN but somehow on form I just cant see the MAGPIES losing this .Last week they lost Rocca early but then TARRANT stepped up.Sure he ended up a villian but he did plenty good things
Old 20th April 2005, 07:07 AM
Banned

Talking

St Kilda 40+ and Collingwood 1-39 are pretty certain
Kitch wack your juddy brownlow money on St Kilda 40+
Cheers
Old 20th April 2005, 07:15 AM
Banned

Talking

UNITAB
St Kilda 40+ =$2.80
St kilda 15.5+=$1.50
St Kilda-Collingwood Win Double=$2.40
Money for Jam
Old 20th April 2005, 08:06 AM

Tough round with early prices pretty spot on. The only "value" play so far for me is Collingwood.

COLLINGWOOD: Bet $1200 @ $1.91 Pinnacle.

Agree marko that Essendon look like Wooden Spoon material at this point. NO legs in the last quarter against Geelong. Fitness levels are in question. Collingwood not a good side but showing a bit of ticker and the big Anzac day crowd at the G should spur them on to a comfortable victory. Rated $1.50 in my book so $1.91 more than acceptable.

Expect St Kilda to account for Richmond but price is no luxury.

PS. My model rates WEST COAST at $1.47 so on prices they would normally be a "value" play but my Golden Rule No.1 that I never break is "NEVER BET ON AN INTERSTATE SIDE NO MATTER HOW BIG THE PRICE".
West Coast can definately win but my money will stay in my pocket on this game.

Last edited by Rock Steady : 20th April 2005 at 08:11 AM.
Old 20th April 2005, 08:48 AM
Former Member

Im going to live up to my name as MUG PUNTA again here, no doubt, but, I really like my own BOMBERS to win this week.
We are a better side than the Pies and with Rocca out, they have no structure up forward.

LLoyd has had 2 games back and Fletcher and Bradley are in good form.
Also, Essendon are a very proud team and they have copped a battering in the press this week in Melbourne and I really expect them to bounce back and I wouldn't even be surprised if we actually towelled the pies.
My only concern is if LICURIA and BURNS really fire up bacause if we can stop one of those 2 they wont win

Just, so you don't think it's blind faith talking here I have regulary tip against my side when I expect them to get beat and over the last 2 years im rarely wrong when I tip the Bombers to win.

For you guys who want to back the PIES i suggest you wait till Sunday or Monday because I really expect there price to drift, and it wont shock me if the Bombers start favourites.
If that doesnt happen please dont bite my head off RS because I see you've already got on.

In other games I would tread warily in taking the shorts on offer about the crows. They are in great form, but, it's Chris Grant's 300th game this week and he is the most respected and loved bulldog of the modern era.
They played pretty well in Perth and the only ? there is the perth fatigue factor coming back to Melbourne.

I think the Hawks can upset the KANGAROOS also.
The roos forward line is pretty ordinary and I reckon the Hawks backline led by Croad, Smith and Jon Hay are playing pretty well.
I just think the Roos are actually pretty ordinary and reality will catch up with them sometime soon, although, it may not be this week.

The saints will win, but as RS states aren't a very attractive price, but I think RABBITZ HT-FT double still looks a great bet and at around $1.60 is good value.

In other thoughts I can guarantee ESSENDON will not win the spoon and I think the PIES will. They are now without there 3 key players in BUCKLEY, ROCCA and FRASER for most of the year and I think it will be a long year for the PIES.

I really like Fraser Gehrig for the COLEMAN MEDAL. He is currently $4.75 and with any luck regarding injury and suspension I think he may win it pretty easily.

Last edited by mug punta : 20th April 2005 at 08:53 AM.
Old 20th April 2005, 09:18 AM

Essendon's won 8 of the past 10 clashes against Collingwood.
Old 20th April 2005, 10:24 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitz
St Kilda 40+ and Collingwood 1-39 are pretty certain
Kitch wack your juddy brownlow money on St Kilda 40+
Cheers

After observing your performance in the Footy comp Rabbitz,I suggest you desist from suggesting what others should do with their green!
Old 20th April 2005, 10:29 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug punta
In other games I would tread warily in taking the shorts on offer about the crows. They are in great form, but, it's Chris Grant's 300th game this week and he is the most respected and loved bulldog of the modern era.

Thanks for that Mugsy.That earns the Bulldogs rating a 14 point bonus.
And Darren Gaspar plays 200 for the Tigers,but only a 4 point bonus I'm afraid.
Old 20th April 2005, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Essendon's won 8 of the past 10 clashes against Collingwood.

Thank you Sportz.that is now a 8 point bonus to the Bombers.
And to change the subject for a minute,I was fairly confident of tipping 8 winners last week and only got 3 plus the draw!
And I don't know what that was last week,but it certainly wasn't Hawthorn.
Wooden Spoon.
Old 20th April 2005, 11:39 AM

Mo,

I think you over-rated Brisbane and under-rated Hawthorn. The two things combined in the same match meant you were quite a way off. Not criticising you though, because many were in the same boat. By the way, there's also a theory that how you finish one match is how you start the next. Not sure about that, but I know that Hawthorn finished very well in the 2nd half against Essendon the week before and were unlucky to lose, whereas Brisbane stopped as if shot in the last quarter against Sydney.

Glad that St Kilda put some normality back into things last week. I honestly thought they'd probably go through the season unbeaten at Telstra Dome this year, but that was shot down straight away by the Kangaroos. I've got a bit of confidence back now with the Saints.

As for Port Adelaide, if they don't get stuck in soon, they'll be in serious trouble. If you went just on form, you'd pick Geelong to beat them this week, but Geelong has lost all of it's last 10 games interstate.

Speaking of which, here's a good place to get all of those stats. Don't have to do any searching. It's all in front of you:
http://www1.bestbets.com.au/sport/

Last edited by Sportz : 20th April 2005 at 11:46 AM.