Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st May 2004, 02:28 PM
Banned

Desi, did you watch the bulldogs last week, in the 1st half they were lost, no go forward, if they do that again this week without mason,price,o'meley and ryan,they will find themselves down 10 or 12 pts against the tigers and they are a hard team to get past when they are in front,there like bulldogs, no pun inteaded.

The raiders will go better because the storm is without c.smith and b.slater and with davico and wiki back its a 50/50. the raiders only loss under this ref [2003-2004]is against the storm in canberra [refs stats put in wrong post, NRL r10]

The stats say eels the money says eels , but the dragons get ryles and blacklock back, leave this one alone.

manly/sharks. pass
souths /warriors. pass

probably penrith with their good record up there, but a few missing and without gower it will be up to girdler and campbell to get them home in a tight one.
Old 21st May 2004, 03:28 PM

Gold,
To be honest, did not see Doggies last week...just think without Prince, Tiger's direction and kicking game will suffer and Marshall will come under a lot more pressure (in only his second game back)...I like the Tiger's grit and never give in attitude (under Sheens) their defence is solid and they play for each other...it will be a tight battle but I just think the Bulldogs halves experience might pull them through!

Cameron Smith is a big loss for the Storm, Gold...hes been in terrific form and Slater adds that extra thrust from the backs so he will be missed as well...tell you what...agreee with you that the Maroons squad dont sound too bad even without Lockyer...question is if Hagan can get them up mentally and with a solid game plan cos the Blues always are dangerous in the last 20 mins and should never be given a head start! Thanks for the stats (again) Gold..they have proven invaluable!
Old 21st May 2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

Desi, they have lost prince, but last week when marshall came back as 5/8 they moved fitzhenry to the centres and now he's back in the halves again, this time no.7 on his back, he is pretty nippy and has a good kick and chase game, so i don't think they'll lose too much there, if the doggies are a little slow in defence, watch out he did a good job when marshall was out injured.
Old 21st May 2004, 04:42 PM

Thanks Gold...had a look at the Doggies forwards...Maiava and Scott's starting with solid but not brilliant loosies...Tigers definitely have their best chance to win...they won against them at the end of last year so psychologically will not be overawed...can't find too much value out there in this weeks NRL although the Raiders might be good on the line...tend to stay away from margins and H2H...
Old 21st May 2004, 05:19 PM

Hi Guys,

Just six games this weekend, with Knights Roosters and Broncos having the weekend off. Shame, because these three are always good betting. The real stinkers for betting are the Eels. But, let's see how we go this weekend.

Eels v Dragons
The bookies can't call this one. They suspect that the Dragons will win against a dull Eels outfit, who have blown up against the Cowboys and the Storm. But, the stats say Eels, at home, at night against a sorely depleted Dragons. That's enough for them to lay the Eels as the fav. I'm actually thinking the bookies are gonna try to use Parra as a lay for the entire round. The odds are very conservative (the under/over is 45.5), with even the margin betting showing very conservative odds. I wish I could bet on Morris giving a penalty from the kick off :wink: OK, what's the bet? Dragons 1st scoring play Penalty @ $6.60.

Bulldogs v Tigers
The Bulldogs are the changlings of the NRL. They'll play upto the level of any team, and when they have a handy first half lead, they'll take it easy in the second half. They'll play to the level of the Tigers, but I'm thinking like the other guys here that they might lose it in the forwards this week, and without Price... hmmm. I think the Tigers will surprise the Bulldogs early on, so take Tigers 1-4 Half time @ $7.50.

Storm v Raiders
No Billy Slater? No Smith? But Wiki's in. Gotta take the Raiders on the odds here. True they have been ordinarly, but they really should have beaten the Eels by a bigger margin. Raiders to win @ $3.10 (there are better odds around), and total match points under 47.5 @ $1.85

Cowboys v Panthers
The Panthers are stinging. They need to win this one. Cowboys have started to turn their season around, but it's not momentum yet. Take Panthers to win @ $1.50 (better odds around!) and Preston to score first @ $15.

Souths v Warriors
This will be a beauty. Imagine such short odds for Souths over the Warriors? Take souths with the start +6.5 @ $1.85

Manly v Sharks
Another cracker. I am anticipating extra time for this one. Take Sharks with exact winning margin of 1 point @ $31, and take Manly with exact winning margin of 5 @ $91. (just incase Noddy goes to early for the FG and let Manly in under the posts before extra time :wink:

Good luck all!

Old 22nd May 2004, 11:19 AM
Banned

With the panthers losing L.Rooney to the S.O.O that will bring the cowboys right into the game now , i might have something on them at the odds, plus a couple of multi's with the Bulldogs-W/tigers game and sit back and watch them.
Old 22nd May 2004, 11:36 AM
Suspended

I'll read almost anything gambling,but I don't understand the language.
Goldmember,what is S.O.O.

Mo.
Old 22nd May 2004, 08:53 PM

good call gold hope port adelaide do it for me
State Of Origin MO

[ This Message was edited by: Floydyboy on 2004-05-22 21:00 ]
Old 23rd May 2004, 08:53 AM
Banned

So far my NRL bets going a lot better than my ping pong bets.
Bulldogs 21-30pts $3.00
El masri 7-10pts $2.45
Cowboys goal $6.50
Nthq/pen U 47.5 $1.85

still got going:
Souths 11-20pts $2.55
Kimmorely 7-10pts $2.40
Sharks try $2.45

losers , not many:
Cant/w/tigers U 47.5
eels try

Old 23rd May 2004, 09:56 AM