Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th March 2006, 01:20 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Default 2nd Australian GP bet

Again, I'm very rushed posting this but here's another bet.

Sportingbet
5 Units Fisi v MSchu hd2hd: Fisichella @ $2.10

This is better value than the $2.50 on offer for a Fisichella podium. Cooler tempretures than Bahrain and Malaysia mean Bridgestone (Ferrari and Williams) may not run so good. If it rains then Bridgestone may dominate, but that's not forcast and I'm always afraid that prices may change so I'm getting on it now.
Old 30th March 2006, 06:22 PM

Default Australia

Renault are favourites and I expect they'll finish 1-2 again, but this time with Alonso taking the chequered flag. They have been quickest all season and the chicanes around Albert Park should suit their traction control, as will the fact that it's a bit cooler in Melbourne than usual.

The main challengers to Renault will again be McLaren, Ferrari and Honda. Ferrari especially have been making noises and generally being confident. Word around the campfire has it that Bridgestone have brought their best ever tyre compound for cooler temperatures to Melbourne. What that exactly means is anybody's guess. I'm guessing they are still not as good as the Michelin's of the other top teams.

McLaren had a good test since the last GP so their relative silence heading into this weekend I'm reading as quiet confidence. Heading into the 3rd race this season we still haven't seen Raikkonen show us his full potential. They'll challenge for a podium I would think, but their short price is too short in my opinion so I'm keeping away.

Honda are quick, but not as quick as Renault and this will remain the same, at least for this race. I think, unlike McLaren and Ferrari, Honda have shown us what they can do with their package. The question remaining for me is, is it good enough to beat McLaren and Ferrari?

I doubt very much that Williams have enough to finish on the podium, but 2 finishes in the points is definitely possible. I'm sure Webber will be determined to 1) beat his team mate and 2) finish his home GP in the points 3) not crash (in that order).

Of the others I'll mention BMW Sauber. They haven't qualified well at all, but their race pace has been stronger than those around them. I fancy one of them, probably Heidfeld, to get a top 8 points finish. They must beat Toyota though, who are also talking confidently mainly due to their new Bridgestone tyres. Toyota will at some point in the season become competitive - I'm sure of it. I don't know when that might be, but I don't think it will be here and now.

Here are the bets made so far, and another one:

OB 88.2 Units

Sportsbet
Winner
Alonso 4 Units @ $3.15*

Sportingbet
Fisichella v M Schumacher
Fisi 5 Units @ $2.10

Centrebet
Top8
Heidfeld 2 Units @ $3.00

CB 77.2 Units

* Alsono to win $3.20 now on offer from Sportingbet

Again I'm off to a wedding this weekend and may not be able to post updates after practice or qualifying, but so be it. But I'm thinking of more on Heidfeld or Villeneuve after qualifying depending on where on the grid they are and their price, of course.

I'm hoping McLaren fail miserably because that would mean good things as far as future bets go.

Go Alonso !!!

... and somebody pot M Schumacer and McLaren for me
Old 31st March 2006, 11:06 AM

hi mofo

great info again
i might take ur fisichella tip. he is a $2 for a podium finish on tabsportsbet and renault to be the winning team at $2.10 looks good

betfair are also offering whether the safety car will come out or not and its at $2.60 for yes. theres always some sort of carnage at melbourne

good luck to all
Old 31st March 2006, 11:27 AM

Yeah, I agree the $2.10 for Renault winning is a good bet. I nearly included it amongst my "official" bets but I've got the drivers covered elsewhere so left it out.

Not sure about the safety car bet though. Good luck with it. There certainly has been carnage at Melbourne but I wonder if that's more coincidence than anything else.

First practice is on NOW, and I'm following that at the f1 website. I'm so naughty, I should be working.
Old 2nd April 2006, 05:11 PM

Thumbs up Australia debrief

Great race. Fantastic result.

OB 77.2 Units

Alonso to win: 4 Units @ $3.15
winner
Pays 12.6

An easy win, in the end. Renault - Alonso especially - looks increasingly strong each race. I don't think we'll see Alonso paying $3.00+ in the near future.

Fisichella to beat M Schumacher: 5 Units @ $2.10
Winner
Pays 10.5

Fisi qualified 2nd and Schu in 10th so it was joy joy joy pre race. Then it was almost tear-up-your-ticket time after Fisi stalled on the grid and was sent to the back. Schumacher had a terrible first stint and safety cars helped Fisi catch right up to Schumacher before Fisi's first pit stop. Schumacher ran long and then showed some extra pace and all was lost again. Finally Schumacher seemingly overdrove his car and understeered into the wall coming into the main straight. Fisi completed the lap and the bet was then successful. He finished the race 5th.

Heidfeld top 8: 2 Units @ $3.00
Winner
Pays 6

A better than expected qualifying and a good race. Retirements may have helped his final position but would probably have got a top 8 without them.

CB 106.3 Units

Other things of note include Toyota scoring a terrific podium - a good performance for sure but I'll check the lap times and stuff to see how much of the performance is speed, and how much is reliability.

Montoya failed to finish so Renault extend their constructors championship lead. I may be inclined now to put in a saver bet for McLaren whose odds must be getting a bit juicier.

Another thing is the number of safety cars - congrats punta. Of course you were absolutely right about that bet. With Melbourne being a street circuit any driver error can put the car into a wall and rebounding back onto the track.

Well clearly I'm over the moon at this result. It couldn't be better and I hope it may long continue. We're off to Imola next where Ferrari were so strong last year. It's going to be another interesting betting race. I can hardly wait.
Old 2nd April 2006, 05:21 PM

Great result Mofo,

Poor Jensen Button, did feel sorry for him

Look forward to the next race

Ciao
Old 3rd April 2006, 08:35 AM

great week for you mofo

i had fisi to beat button on tab sportsbet and if it want for internet betting i think i might have ripped up my ticket.

great tips again and cant wait till next race

great job mate and keep it up
Old 3rd April 2006, 08:49 AM

Yeah, good tipping. Well done.
Old 3rd April 2006, 03:22 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Mucho apreció
Old 19th April 2006, 02:39 PM

Default San Marino - Preview

This could be another exciting race with competitive performances from a number of drivers and teams. Today, the 5 day forcast for Imola shows mainly showers. At the Australian GP, 3 weeks ago, Friday practice was in showers and the Michilen teams all had an advantage. So if the weather comes through as expected then it could be more of the same.

Again, I'm expecting Renault to be at the top. One important thing to note about Renault at this GP is that Fisichella has use of the new b-spec engine, while Alonso must continue to use the same a-spec engine used in Melbourne. This should all but cancel any driver advantage Alonso has over his team mate. Alonso is too short IMO, at $2.80, to back with confidence this race.

At McLaren, Raikkonen is using an old engine, which may bring relaibility into question. Montoya, I think, has a new engine but his pace so far this year has been a little dissapointing. McLaren are simmering still - they should be boiling. I'm waiting at least another race before tipping them for a win.

Imola is the Ferrari home track. They performed well here last year and should do so again this year. Both drivers have new improved engines which should help also. Questions remain about their tires however, particularly if it's showering.

Toyota have been fast in last weeks testing. Quicker than all except the Renaults. There is plenty of value about for this team - get on 'em.

I'm having doubts over the Honda development. They are not showing the same pace relative to their competition and so I'm not considering them a factor this race.

Here are some early bets:
OB 106.3 Units

TAB Sportsbet don't have thier top3 markets open yet but I'd say the Trulli price here is over the top.

Win
Trulli 1 Unit @ $81.00

Sportsbet Australia

Hd to Hd
Montoya 3 units @ $1.90 vs Button

Group - Barrichello, Trulli, Heidfeld, Villenuve, Coulthard
Trulli 3 Units @ $4.00

Top3
Fisichella 3 Units @ $3.00

CB 96.3 Units