Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd June 2008, 06:42 PM

Safina vs Sharapova was pretty much 50/50 match with bookies. Safina jumped at 1.926 with Pinnacle.

I don't price ladies matches, as the workload is enough with the mens for 48 weeks of the year. Although on that front I do watch a bit of it and will be taking on Jankovic from here on in (although dunno if the qualifier can do her in), as she just seems to lose it when deep in matches and has arm and shoulder problems - although all those injury time outs could be a mental edge ploy - the arm/shoulder problems didn't stop her from winning the other night but she did blow a 5-1 lead against a similarly injured Radwanska to fall over the line 7-6 in the second set. 4.0+ Suarez-Navarro will do me for a small play, but if she does win tonight it will be in the Semis where I'll take her on with a vengence.

The other Quarter Final tonight sees Ivanovic attempting to improve on her 22 win 6 loss record to lefties (amazingly of those 6 losses Schnyder has 4 of them, but hasn't beaten Ivanovic in their last 3 matches). Reckon she'll be the one through to the Final from that part of the draw (has a 6-1 H2H record against fellow Serb Jankovic) and have backed her outright at the 3.15 currently on offer, thinking there is no way she'll be a black a white price in the Final and I could back her opponent to cover my initial stake.

Cheers

Tony
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:39 PM

Thanks for that.
Old 4th June 2008, 03:12 AM

Tony, how do you price the Nadal-Djokovic game? Today Djokovic made 39 unforced errors, high for a quality player. But he's a smart player, may need a top player to bring the best out of him.
Old 4th June 2008, 05:39 PM

For my prices you'd need to join the ATP forum, but it wouldn't be giving much away to say I rate Nadal the short priced favourite.

Below is part of my post for members, just to give you an idea on what sort of info I provide - of course there are also my prices and occassionally recommended bets.

A mouth watering match up with so much at stake:

1) Winner of the match will be World Number 2 - can Nadal retain that spot or will Djokovic snatch it?

2) If Nadal wins surely the title's his as well - Federer now having that "can't beat Nadal on dirt" bogey. If Djokovic wins does it open the door for Federer to finally put a French Open trophy alongside his 3 Aussie Open, 4 US Open and 5 Wimbledon Trophies?

Nadal holds an impressive 7-3 H2H record over Djokovic 4-0 on dirt those matches being:

7/6/2006 - French Open Quarter Final - 64,64 ret.
11/5/2007 - Rome Quarter Final - 62,63
8/6/2007 - French Open Semi Final - 75,64,62
17/5/2008 - Hamburg Semi Final - 75,26,62

Is Djokovic getting closer to a win?

Since 2005 Nadal has an amazing 127 win 4 loss record on dirt - losses being to Ferrero in Rome earlier this season (when he was hampered with foot blisters received in winning Barcelona the week before), Federer in the Hamburg Final last year (where he was exhausted by winning Rome, Barcelona and Monte Carlo in the lead ups), Andreev in Valencia back in 2005 and Gaudio in Buenos Aires in the early clay South American swing of 05.

Cheers

Tony
Old 4th June 2008, 07:29 PM

as much as a fan i am of DJOKOVIC... He will not beat Nadal.....period..
Old 5th June 2008, 06:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
i think Ferrer is a chance to go soon, i dont think he will make the semis. i just backed Monfils at 800s i think hes a wildcard chance

wooo Monfils into the semis....
Old 5th June 2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
wooo Monfils into the semis....

and he is gonna get his aZsssss wipped by THE FED!
Old 5th June 2008, 07:15 PM

Doesn't matter now, can lay off for guaranteed nice profit....
Old 5th June 2008, 09:17 PM

Don't we love the brovado of the punters who come in at the 100m mark?

Woooohooo - I'm on the outsider........

Well done to all of you who called the Semis to be Federer vs Monfils and Djokovic vs Nadal, you are obviously all blessed.

Good luck to ya.

Cheers

Tony

PS - I'm on Federer to win Wimbledon.....but don't tell anyone
Old 5th June 2008, 09:43 PM

Wink NRL INSITE!

Gday members,

For those interested i will post a pre-game wrap on all NRL fixtures as my knowledge and feedback of the game i believe is the success of my punting carreer. In the last 5 years my success has seen my POT sit at 66% on the NRL,(WHISH I COULD SAY THE SAME ABOUT THE THOROUGHBREDS----LOL.).

Hope to give u all some valuble tips every FRIDAY AFTERNOONS!!

CHEERS.