Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd January 2005, 11:56 AM
Banned

Chuck you are right about the selectors being a joke. They go on this whole spiel about it being horses for courses, but when we were in India we didn't play two spinners at anytime and the reasoning was that we didn't want to change a winning formula. So what has changed since then!!

Personally I thought it was right to leave out Lehmann, but if they wanted to bring in a second spinning option just put Katich in because he is pretty handy with the ball when he gets a chance. That way you only have to make one change, which in theory should strengthen both our batting and bowling attack.

Also Kaspers has to be the unluckiest bloke in cricket, he has done nothing wrong. I guess they just wanted to blood Watson in a game that isn't that crucial for the Aussies.
Old 2nd January 2005, 06:13 PM
Banned

And that is why I am not a selector!! Macgilla what a genius!!
Old 2nd January 2005, 08:59 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Stuart MacGill would ALWAYS be a certain starter in my Australian team at the SCG. As I've said before, the only reason I perhaps wouldn't play him in every single test is his poor batting and fielding. I certainly wasn't the least bit surprised that he took most wickets and the $5 was a great price.
Old 2nd January 2005, 09:45 PM
Banned

Hey Sportz where do you think Macgill is going to bat? I was having a look at the lineups on Baggygreen and it had Macgill listed at 10. Somehow I think McGrath would be pretty hot under the collar if he is not put in at 10 eh
Old 2nd January 2005, 09:54 PM

Definitely 11.
Old 2nd January 2005, 09:56 PM

....although I think his average is still fractionally higher than McGrath at the moment. Not for long probably.
Old 2nd January 2005, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkus8
I was having a look at the lineups on Baggygreen and it had Macgill listed at 10. Somehow I think McGrath would be pretty hot under the collar if he is not put in at 10 eh

Perhaps they put those two in alphabetical order?
Old 2nd January 2005, 10:06 PM
Banned

Yeh I was thinking it could be alphabetical and I also saw that Macgills average is about a run higher. I don't mind watching Macgill bat though because there is no real technique to it and he just throws the bat around. It reminds me of how I bat when I play

If McGrath comes in at 10 I reckon he will probably fancy himself for another 50. Could be interesting to watch if those to are at the crease together!!
Old 2nd January 2005, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkus8
I don't mind watching Macgill bat though because there is no real technique to it and he just throws the bat around. It reminds me of how I bat when I play

I remember earlier in the season, he actually batted incredibly responsibly in that Pura Cup game where he and Thornely had that huge partnership. Don't fancy the chances of it happening in this game if Shoaib's bowling.
Old 2nd January 2005, 10:28 PM
Banned

Yeh i remember that as well. They had something like a 200 run partnership and MacGill scored about 20 of them.

Just saw that he is averaging 12.5 this year in Pura Cup not bad for an 11, but it will be a bit different for him with Akhtar charging in. Somehow I think we will see middle stump cartwheeling away, hopefully not before we have seen him try and throw the bat around a bit.