Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th February 2005, 12:58 AM

Lightbulb Dont bet now

Hi guys,

If you wait till after the pre season cup, I nearly guarantee that you will get better odds both Port and Saints.

If Port fail in presason, people will say ah there goes the premiership hangover -no hunger needed anymore and saints could be better as some may write off as 1 year wonders. Hold your horses for a whil and you may be surprised.

Good luck in your bets but make sure your tip has 2 ruckmen or bye bye money.

Jaffa39
Old 11th February 2005, 10:03 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Mug punta,

What about your mob? How do you reckon they'll go?

I'm thinking of backing the Bombers for the 8, because quite a few people are thinking that they're going to miss out this year and as a result, I reckon their odds will be pretty inviting. Even when they're not really a premiership threat, they still almost always make the finals. Going to think about it a bit longer though.

Personally, I wouldn't back us. We are rebuilding and heaps of kids will be playing this year. How good kids like Dyson, Stanton, Laycock,Winderlich,Bradley are we will know as the seson goes on, but rest assured they will be playing plenty of footy.
I guess the positive is anyside with Hird (who reports say is as fit and injury free as he's ever been), Lloyd and Fletcher will be pretty good if they can all stay on the park.
As for making the 8 we have a chance but I give us no hope of winning the flag. Sheedy does have a knack of getting the boys into September.
He has been at Essendon since 1981 and from memory we've only missed the finals 3 times, that may be slightly out but overall he's had a great record of making finals.
My long term big bet is for Gehrig to win the Coleman medal. i hope to get at least 5/2. I expect Lloyd to spend more time out at centre half forward this year amd Gehrig is almost unstoppable at telstra dome under the roof
Old 11th February 2005, 10:07 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa39
Hi guys,

If you wait till after the pre season cup, I nearly guarantee that you will get better odds both Port and Saints.

If Port fail in presason, people will say ah there goes the premiership hangover -no hunger needed anymore and saints could be better as some may write off as 1 year wonders. Hold your horses for a whil and you may be surprised.

Good luck in your bets but make sure your tip has 2 ruckmen or bye bye money.

Jaffa39

No one will think the Saints are one year wonders and they dont have one top class ruckmen let alone two and I still give them a huge hope of winning
the flag.
It's time to let the pain of Clarke Keating smashing the ball forward in both grand Finals go Jaffa.
Old 12th February 2005, 02:24 AM

I think the Sainters will be a mighty force this year. Great bunch of players who play well together, they are the ones to beat for mine.
Old 13th February 2005, 08:05 AM

Cool

I think the Saints will be extremley hard to beat given their promising year in
2004. They seem to gel well togethor and look like they really want to dig in for each other. Anything better than 5.00 will be getting me , no question.

REMEMBER- Think first before saying nothing.
Old 14th February 2005, 10:45 AM

discipline pays,

Where can you get $4.50 Port and $5.50 St Kilda for the flag?

I have accounts with twelve sports books and the best I can get Port is $4.10 and St Kilda $5.00.
Old 14th February 2005, 10:55 PM

Default Saints under priced

Rock Steady,

Hi mate,

Do you really want to back Saints at $ 5.50 now without knowing how they are going to go in ruck and also there centrehalf back and fullback spots need looking at early on.

Port I think will be even stronger as both Francou and Primus have played interclub practice matches and will add heaps if play full year.

Hope Saints do win flag as Nick is from my Gold Coast club where I have coached 2 other family members.

Ge a lot of people on here are thinking ( or hoping ) that Brisbane are going to crash out of the 8.

Gee, can any of you find a bookie with a decent price about that and I would gladly invest some of the $,000 I have won on them in 3 Grand finals and Port last year to say they will still be a big force.

Give some real reasons why they will fail. Keating is fit, Scott back to full fitness and Brennan will play full year and Bradshaw can play full forward.

I am a long term pies supporter for 39 yrs by the way. We can't win

Jaffa39
Old 15th February 2005, 07:21 AM

I'm certainly not suggesting Brisbane will crash out of the 8. I just don't really think they can win.

If you guys want to test yourselves out and have a bit of fun, try this out:
http://www.allthestats.com/other/ladpredict.php

Simply click on the team names a certain number of times to predict certain margins. Go through each round of the season and it will come up with a ladder based on your predictions.
Old 15th February 2005, 07:57 AM

Just quickly tried that ladder predictor out and I've got Brisbane coming in in 5th place, but for a large part of the season, they were actually outside the 8. I came up with Port Adelaide and St Kilda up the top from Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, West Coast, Essendon and Fremantle. I'm going to wait a bit longer though and have a more concentrated go at it after the Wizard Cup when I know a bit more about the teams.

Last edited by Sportz : 15th February 2005 at 08:10 AM.
Old 15th February 2005, 11:10 PM
Banned

Red face

as it happens every year,it always takes up to round 5 to 10 to get a good set on teams.
speculate only for me till then.
a friend of mine just keeps backing his team every week in all lines of betting and has a good return.
it helps when he supports the power and not the bulldogs i tell him.

good luck to all this year