Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th April 2005, 05:41 AM

We all learnt one thing after that contest, the game needs two referees on th field without question. Because it is so quick, they just cant keep up to speed!! Somebody correct me if im wrong, but i counted 6 times in crucial parts that melbourne either should have earnt a penalty or been awarded a scrum feed. Absolutely diabolical decisions that cost the storm, who were clearly the better side victory. Dont be confused by that performance by the panthers, cause they are a low side.

I didnt have a bet, just being realistic. The man in the middle , im sure was payed by the penrith club to make it extremely hard for the storm to win. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS.......Could everyone not see that?
Old 9th April 2005, 07:28 AM

You're kidding. If some 50-50 decisions went Penrith's way, then that is simply because they were playing AT Penrith in front of a parochial crowd and THAT'S PART OF WHAT THE HOME GROUND ADVANTAGE IS ALL ABOUT!!!!! Exactly why I say the home ground is a big factor and why Penrith were favourites for this match and not Melbourne.
Old 9th April 2005, 08:17 AM

Sportz, i am one person who believes that home crowds and home games gives team an unbelieveable advantage , and i bet and tip all the time accordingly. I have played the game for 22 years, and at grade level for 8, am an astute follower and statician. I will say it again, their were 6 crucial decisions last nite that turned the game, and yes they do happen and cannot be changed, all im stating is the fact that iF those decisions were made CORRECTLY, penrith were not going to win that game. In general play the storm were clearly better in attack, but not as effective as the panthers in defence.

CHEERS
Old 9th April 2005, 08:45 AM

I didnt watch all the game .......but I saw some poor atttempted tackles by melb and one incident where slater clearly knocked the ball back to stop it going in to touch and it was called a knock on a few plays later penrith scored to go 12 ahead
Old 9th April 2005, 01:12 PM
Banned

WHAT THE ?????, dont know what game you were watching searay, penrith were by far the better side, melbourne were pedestrian just like the broncos the week before, there were a few 50-50 calls but panthers had a fair try disallowed also,thought the storm would be better this year away from home,but looks like nothing has changed, they are still HOME TOWN HERO'S, nothing more,webster and king are turnstyles in defence, they have no idea !!
Old 9th April 2005, 01:47 PM
Banned

Searay, if you believe that home crowds and home games give teams an unbelievable advantage and you bet and TIP ALL the TIME accordingly,how come you tipped the storm then ?

I am another person who knows absolutely nothing about league, i also tipped the Panthers.
Old 9th April 2005, 04:03 PM

Hey goldy boy, one wrong tip doesnt give u a lifetime indication of how i tip, and judging from your wrap on the game, i do understand that u dont really have a clue about the game....lol
Old 9th April 2005, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Bookmakers may be many things but dumb aint one of them. Most of the time when people say the bookies have their prices around the wrong way, they are proven to be right in the end.

Don't want to say I told you so, but....

Penrith 36 v Melbourne 16
St Geo/Ill 32 v Manly 6
Cronulla 38 v N.Qld 6

Last edited by Sportz : 9th April 2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old 9th April 2005, 09:40 PM

Unhappy

I HAD MONEY ON MEL THOUGHT THEY'D WIN .BUT PENRITH WERE THE BETTER SIDE . MEL TRIED NEVER GAVE UP JUST WASN'T THEIR NIGHT . I THINK THEY WILL BE BETTER WHEN THEY GET DENNIS SCOTT BACK FROM INJURY .I DON'T THINK IT WAS THE REFS FAULT MEL LOST I THINK THE REFS CALLS EVENED OUT OVER THE NIGHT . WHAT A TOP GAME HIGH STANDARD OF FOOTY . THIS ROUND OF FOOTY IS KILLING ME COST ME PLENTY
Old 9th April 2005, 10:31 PM

Ive been a memeber of this forum for a year or two now and
I really appreciate all the work you do on here Sportz.....But you would be one of the biggest past the post merchants Ive ever come across ...."Dont like to say I told you so"...GIVE ME A BREAK .....Thats schoolgirl stuff .......What Im saying is even though you might have tipped penrith and good luck to ya I didnt see any counter arguments from you regarding peoples comments about the seemingly outrages prices that were put up by the bookies until the final whistle was blown then you throw saints and cronulla into the equation for good measure .....Does it apply to the AFL as well brisbane and carlton did well didnt they ...........Sorry mate and Im not talkin through my kick (I squared up overnight and didnt bet today) but that sort of tripe drives me to destraction to the point where I really cant help but say something...sorry once again