Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st October 2003, 05:25 PM
Suspended.

The wizard is somthing I have been thinking about. I'm not very fond of it, but they do have some good stats. will have a look at some sort of Zip, Wrat/trat combo Twodogs.

Hadn't thought about Unitab Sportsnut. Will check it out.

I have a terrible sinking feeling about systems though. I have often wondered, with all the info etc. at their fingertips and all their experience, why arn't the Professionals useing systems instead of all the work they put in [for 2 to 10% POT a year] keeping up with form, endlessly swapping e/m. about track condt., bias and many hours at the pc. and the tracks etc. ?
I know being born in the right bed and suburb helps [and good luck to them] with their starting bank [very big to live off 2 to 10%] though and I bet not many [or none] started out as blue collar workers either. Not now days anyway.

Worth pondering.

Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: crash on 2003-10-01 17:28 ]
Old 1st October 2003, 05:58 PM

do you think the horse knows he has no option but win when
1..he was a last start winner
2..won at track and distance
3..had last run in last fourteen days
i doubt it but i understand the logic of system users .these things are not for me i prefer kenchars mode of attack ,be as informed as you can,understand class,study video replays,be wary of media hype.get streetsmart,as i said in a earlier post 'even a blind chook can find a grain of wheat if it keeps pecking long enough' and to my mind system punters keep pecking away hoping they stab a winner before thier bank runs out ,i could be wrong (i was wrong once) but thems me thoughts for what its worth..........
Old 1st October 2003, 07:34 PM

pecking for wheat or not. i dont think it can be done.
in an 8 horse race the odds of picking a winner are 7/1 "pittsburgh phil)
Old 1st October 2003, 08:26 PM

me no understand topsy99
Old 1st October 2003, 08:54 PM

sorry. shouldnt try to be funny.
last week i thought converge was a good thing. it hadnt qualified in listed/group company so i couldnt back it.
this turned out to be a good decision.
on its last run it should have won. but you cant tell. i dont think you can pick the eyes out of races a culling and systematic approach delivers winners over time.
being clever and zeroing in on good things probably needs inside knowledge.
sorry to write cheeky posts.
Old 1st October 2003, 08:57 PM

Quote:
On 2003-10-01 17:58, tragic wrote:
do you think the horse knows he has no option but win when
1..he was a last start winner
2..won at track and distance
3..had last run in last fourteen days
i doubt it but i understand the logic of system users .these things are not for me i prefer kenchars mode of attack ,be as informed as you can,understand class,study video replays,be wary of media hype.get streetsmart,as i said in a earlier post 'even a blind chook can find a grain of wheat if it keeps pecking long enough' and to my mind system punters keep pecking away hoping they stab a winner before thier bank runs out ,i could be wrong (i was wrong once) but thems me thoughts for what its worth..........

Hi tragic,

Guess it's what suits one's style - neither approach is wrong or right as long as it works for you.

Do you think a coin knows whether it last landed on heads or tails?
Doesn't alter the fact of the odds of it landing on heads is still 50%.
:smile:
Old 1st October 2003, 11:23 PM

Hi Tragic,
Thanks for the mention I still believe if one wants to win you have to go to the track.I know its everyone to their own but from what I can see from all the systems, ratings etc dont produce constant winning days.I hear this POT that LOT etc, I dont care what my POT is as long as I come home with more than I went with.
Here is a little thing for anyone that wants to bother going to the track that WORKS.

1/ MINIMUM 8 STARTERS

2/ LOOK AT BOOKIE ODDS

3/ CHECK TOTE PLACE PRICE

4/ IF TOTE PLACE PRICE IS +50% OF BOOKIES PRICE IT IS A BET FOR THE PLACE

IVE GIVEN MY GUTS ON ONE THING I DO AT THE TRACK,SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO BOTHER GOING GIVE IT A GO.

Think of the value here 1/2 bookie odds and 3 chances of collecting.

Oh dont worry how big the odds are (the horse dont know)

Today I couldnt sniff out anything except place bets.

RESULTS

8 BETS

AD RC1 NO6 BOOKS $26 TOTE $14.90 PLACE
AD RC2 NO5 BOOKS $12 TOTE $5.70 PLACE
AD RC3 NO4 BOOKS $4.2 TOTE $2.70 PLACE
BR RC4 NO3 BOOKS $5.5 TOTE $3.70 PLACE

RETURN 27
BET 8
PROFIT 19

Cheers

Old 2nd October 2003, 11:18 AM
Member.

On 2003-10-01 15:16, sportznut wrote:
Crash, I wonder if instead of the Zipform ratings, you could use the ratings displayed on the Unitab website??? I think they seem to do fairly well.

I actually checked the results from Saturday and the Unitab ratings didn't really do all that great. However, in the past I think they've gone okay, especially the horses top rated at 100. I think it might have been Bhagwan who posted some stats about them on here somewhere.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2003-10-02 11:20 ]
Old 2nd October 2003, 12:47 PM

Crash,

I am not suggesting a system as such (a list of mechanical rules) my belief is that you can use your time better if either your working with good ratings??? or your able to fine a field down and then apply your magnifing glass to whats left.

Cheers
Twodogs

Quote:
On 2003-10-01 17:25, crash wrote:
The wizard is somthing I have been thinking about. I'm not very fond of it, but they do have some good stats. will have a look at some sort of Zip, Wrat/trat combo Twodogs.

Hadn't thought about Unitab Sportsnut. Will check it out.

I have a terrible sinking feeling about systems though. I have often wondered, with all the info etc. at their fingertips and all their experience, why arn't the Professionals useing systems instead of all the work they put in [for 2 to 10% POT a year] keeping up with form, endlessly swapping e/m. about track condt., bias and many hours at the pc. and the tracks etc. ?
I know being born in the right bed and suburb helps [and good luck to them] with their starting bank [very big to live off 2 to 10%] though and I bet not many [or none] started out as blue collar workers either. Not now days anyway.

Worth pondering.

Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: crash on 2003-10-01 17:28 ]
Old 2nd October 2003, 04:17 PM

G'day everyone,
I'll put my eggs in the basket
with Kenchar&Twodogs ect.It comes down to what the indivdual feels comfortable with.Myself, I prefer to look at angles.When situations arise that appeal to me I have a go at them.Thats where I think the system bettors can fall in a hole.Plus it seems to me to be a whole lot of time to invest in something that may or may not work.
To have a basic understanding of statistics is important,however a lot of statistics that are printed in regards to racing are basically useless.When the system builders figure out which is which I've no doubt they can and do make some money.The main "but"about systems though is they all fail when the weight money is to great.(same as weight ratings)

When someone tries to use mathematics and times ie.certanties in an uncertain game I reckon you've got to be doomed to failure.
Both of these do have there uses though,that being all hores are divisable into different classes(times )and the mathematics can tell you what's good value.Thats all I'll use these measures for.Cheers strawb