Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd April 2005, 02:54 PM
Suspended

Know this Mugsy.
Once you pull out the plug,it all goes down the drain.
Not sure what it means but I'm sure there is wisdom there to men of understanding.
Old 23rd April 2005, 02:44 PM
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko
KING OUT for GEELONG think I'll go PORT now

D@$#HEAD
Old 23rd April 2005, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko
DANGER game for the Kangaroos this week .I will still stay on the bandwagon of the kangas but I'd suggest anyone take the line bet offerred this week on the Hawks even though I don't know what the margin is.Wont surprise me if Hawks maintain the form of last week as the ROOS ARE DUE TO LOSE

FREO will do their usual trick and win at home after yet another pathetic away game with their midfield totally reversing form this week.If they don't they can say goodbye to finals this year I reckon (even though I never ever had them in any 8 of mine)

PORT GEELONG PORT GEELONG gee a real toughy but even though GEELONG has an abysmal AAMI record I have to take this game on form and Port are playing shocking footie but that said this could be 1 nail for Ports coffin and should come out swinging

SYDNEY I think should be too strong for Melbourne this week but again no surprise if melbourne won (albiet fairly narrowly)Bruce is a HUGE loss.

ADELAIDE ADELAIDE ADELAIDE Now this is THE form team I reckon .I rate them up there with the Eagles and reckon the Roos couldnt match them (at least not in Adelaide)They are playing great footie although,they like the Kangaroos have no depth and if Mcloed or Riccuito and a few other injuries come to pass they will struggle but until then they look good to me

I hope WEST COAST lose. I'll be a happy Roo if they do but.....................
The ground they like.....the weather, just like home ......form so much better than the lions.West coast for me but like Port, Brisbane will come out hard.

It's hard to guage how good Richmond were last week because Freo were just so very fatigued .Rock was right .Players arent machines (another reason the Bulldogs will wilt I believe).ST.KILDA has now learnt to live without St.Nick and will give Richmond a mighty contest.Plus I cant remember when Richos ever played well 2 weeks in a row (I know he may have but it wouldnt be very often at all).These Saints will be cherry ripe by the end of the season barring more misfortune.(may have worked in their favour that injury)

The bombers will take the wooden spoon this year from what I've seen so far.
They could well win this one AGAIN but somehow on form I just cant see the MAGPIES losing this .Last week they lost Rocca early but then TARRANT stepped up.Sure he ended up a villian but he did plenty good things

GEEZ does this bloke talk ******** or what
Old 24th April 2005, 09:43 AM

COLLINGWOOD out to $2.25 with Multibet so I've had another go.

COLLINGWOOD: Bet $800 @ $2.25 MULTIBET.
Old 24th April 2005, 10:22 AM

My model rates WEST COAST at $1.45 so at $2.02 with Pinnacle they appear to be "value" however I cannot back them as my number one rule eliminates them as a bet. I just never back interstate sides. I may miss winners like Melbourne who were rated $1.33 but I also save myself plenty by not backing losers.
Old 24th April 2005, 03:04 PM

Well done Rock, you're pricing of Weagles seems much more appropriate compared to the $1.95 i picked up. I must say i didn't expect them to do it with this much ease though, ah well I'm not complaining!!
Old 24th April 2005, 03:44 PM

But I wouldn't even really count West Coast as an 'interstate' side when playing at the Gabba. It's almost like a home ground for them. I priced them at $1.20 today and had them winning by 35 points. I thought they were INCREDIBLE value. They beat the Lions by about 70 points at the Gabba a couple of years ago and this might be more.
Old 24th April 2005, 06:13 PM

Sportz,
Easy win to WCE today but overall figures since the AFL introduced interstate sides indicates that backing all interstate sides at level stakes is a LOSING proposition overall at the historical prices offered. Of course there are always individual exceptions.
Personally, I thought the WCE looked comfortable winners today (too much pace over the whole paddock) but INTERSTATE is what is says. I stick to my own AFL model's prices strictly and I have other "filters" before putting my cash down. This week I would have backed Melbourne, West Coast and Carlton on my rated prices for two wins and one loss had I ignored my interstate rule but I am not interested in what happens on one particular weekend. My ledger at the end of September is all that matters.
Old 24th April 2005, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Steady
Easy win to WCE today but overall figures since the AFL introduced interstate sides indicates that backing all interstate sides at level stakes is a LOSING proposition overall at the historical prices offered. Of course there are always individual exceptions.

Yes, but that wasn't what I was suggesting. I totally agree with you that interstate teams have a poor record generally, but as I said, today was one of those individual exceptions. West Coast play brilliantly in Brisbane and to me, there is NO home ground advantage for Brisbane at all. In fact, it may as well be a home ground for the Eagles. Same with Sydney at the Gabba. It holds no real fears for them at all these days.
Old 24th April 2005, 06:33 PM

Fair enough Sportz.