Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th September 2004, 01:18 PM
Former Member

WRONG,WRONG,WRONG and lost plenty but I can cop it sweet.
You can only call em as you see em and thats what I did.
Well done to Port, they were MUCH better than I rated them, thats for sure,
Just one last thing on the Norm Smith though, that would have to be the worst call ive ever seen. Pickett is nothing but a hangout. Wanganeen or P.Burgoyne would have been worthy winners.
Old 26th September 2004, 01:36 PM
Banned

i thought wanga deserved it also..

The good thing about winning 3 in a row is we can say "had to let them have 1 tittle" "but we will win the next 3" :smile: can't be to greedy now can we..
Old 27th September 2004, 12:06 AM

I was very wrong on this game and also paid through my pocket. Lost $400 on the $44.00 option, lost $3000 on Lions (-12.5) at $1.90, lost $1200 on Lions 39+ at $3.85, lost $3000 on the Lions straight out at $1.57 and Won $2500 on Aka at $2.00 to beat S.Dew in Head to Head goals.
My opinion on this game cost me $5100 so a very big OUCH! That's OK though because it is just one game in a season and everyone backs losers.
Old 27th September 2004, 09:29 AM
Member.

Can't work out what the hell you and Mug Punta were thinking. I'm a Lions fan and I NEVER thought Brisbane would win by 50 or 60 points. That was ridiculous!!!

I personally think that Brisbane are over-rated. Sure, they've been a great team and winning 3 in a row is a magnificent effort, but I never thought they were the invincible superteam that some other people seemed to think they were. Whenever I heard them called the 'greatest team ever', I cringed. After all, they've never managed to finish minor premiers yet and if not for Port's 'choking', it could possibly have been the Power with 3 in a row now.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-09-27 10:03 ]
Old 27th September 2004, 10:51 AM
Banned

steady on there Sporty..

No doubt in anyones mind that this Brisbane side will go down in history as one of the best teams ever.

as for a 50-60 point win sometimes you get alittle carried away with emotion..

3 wins and a grandfinal in row...maybe could be regarded as one of the best sporting teams ever :wink:
Old 27th September 2004, 01:06 PM

Sportz,
No problems mate. I had a very profitable year on the AFL so the GF result is not a big deal in the overall scheme of things.
Port got a bit of revenge on me for Round 8 at Telstra Dome against the Kangaroos.
I took Kangaroos at the Index of 22 points for a $100 bill and collected $11,400 when the Kangaroos won by 92. I've bet against Port on the "spread" for a good portion of the season and finished well in front.
Old 27th September 2004, 02:02 PM

I gotta say as a one eyed CARLTON SUPPORTER, i think we gotta remember this fact..

Back when Collingwood won the four in a row, there was only 8 teams in the VFL, so clearly Brisbane are the best team ever by a country mile in the AFL or VFL eras...with 16 teams in the comp, no one will ever get close to winning 3 in a row again in the AFL.

Well done to Port for winning the GF, eventhough i nearly kicked the TV set in caus i cannot stand their f****** of a coach, can't wait till someone wipes that smile of his face next year..even if it is the Lions again!

A.

[ This Message was edited by: allanby on 2004-09-27 14:03 ]
Old 27th September 2004, 02:40 PM
Banned

I'd be getting on GEELONG and ST KILDA next year, as i said before the finals started,they needed this years experience and it showed they just lacked that little bit extra mental toughness, but they will be harder to beat next year!
Old 27th September 2004, 04:13 PM
Former Member

Brisbane are the best team ive seen and one loss doesnt change that.
What shocked me about the game was Port's hardness at the pill. That is easily the hardest ive ever seen them go in and I didnt think they were capable of playing that brand of footy against the might of Brisbane.
It's easy to say how could you tip Brisbane by 50 points after the event Sportz, but, remember in AFL grandfinals one team usually crack and the final margin tends to be a blowout.
What was most interesting was how a few of Brissie's older players were exposed ie Pike, the Scott's, White( although it was his first game for a month, Lynch.
I think ill be backing Saints, Cats and eagles for next years flag, but, unfortunately I have to admit if I can ever get $4 on Port i'll be having a saver on them.
Old 27th September 2004, 04:20 PM
Banned

I think the B.Scott needs to be on angry pills, he flips his wig all the time,and Jonathon Brown [one of my favourite players]is turning into a thug!, will he be suspened,if so will he get up to 6 weeks as iv'e heard, or will they let it slide because it was a G/F.