Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th September 2005, 10:55 PM

Agree Saratoga - particularly with the Raiders assessment. I watched that game and thought it pretty even steven, the raiders will need some time to gel and the chiefs are playing good football. However in saying that Randy Moss ran all night and the QB failed to see him, couple that with the other wide receiver Porter and their running back (forget name) and i think they will go well enough this season. Needs time.

As for the redskins they were woeful in the first half - how many times their QB get sacked?
Old 21st September 2005, 06:23 PM

Just throwing my eye over this weekends games and i spy the Titans vs Rams. Titans with the points +6.5 for me or am i missing something? Don't see a big difference between these two considering the Titans are on the road.
Would love to get +7.5 so i'll keep an eye out for any line movements but it may be wishful thinking.

Also throw in the Bengals to cover -3 on the road at Chicago. Bengals in red hot form, Chicago only so-so.

New Orleans over Minnesota, Saints had their chances last wekend against the Giants but failed to capitalise. Expect them to be to good for the Vikings. Will take +4.5 points just in case

Last edited by mad : 21st September 2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 21st September 2005, 07:03 PM

Thinking the Eagles at home, not happy with -7.5 points though as Oakland aren't that bad a team and could make a game of it. Any thoughts??

Last but by no way least, after all my talk i am going with the Steelers to win at home and cover the spread -3. Hope i am right and the Steelers get up.

Good luck to all
Old 24th September 2005, 12:25 PM

Hi Mad

I won't be betting it, but I think Philly will cream Oakland because Oaklands weakest part is their pass defense which Manning should pick apart. 8 points is a lot on the road which means I will give it a miss.

My picks for week3 (3-3 so far)

Chicago +3 bt Cinci -3
Chicago has a good defense and their loss to Wash wasn't as bad as first thought. Cinci has been blessed with 2 weak passing defenses and 9 turnovers. Maybe I am old fashioned but early season predictions favouring Cinci generally fade and I think Chicago will slow them down. Bears at home receiving points looks good.

New Orleans +3.5 bt Minnesota -3.5
Info out of Minnesota is all bad with more offensive injuries. The Saints were put into a bad "head space" with USA media attention and gave up 5 t/o's in their loss to NY Giants. Based on a win over Carolina, who looked good last week and good offensive numbers, against a team that can't run and can't defend and whose best receiver is out and receiving points looks good.

Carolina -3 bt Miami
Carolina just beat the superbowl winners and are labelled as contenders against a Miami team that was picked for the wooden spoon. Carolina will show their class and just cover against a Miami team that may be over achieving.

KC +3 bt Denver
On the figures the KC offense is playing well while the Denver defense hasn't. The KC defense is only average but much better than last year. I really like the way the Chiefs have been rushing which will lay the foundation for their passing game and keep Denvers good offense of the field. Denver was lucky to steal a win last week and KC are outscoring their opposition 50-24. KC doesn't have a good record in Denver but I think they have the better team this year. A 2-0 team getting points is good.
Old 25th September 2005, 09:31 AM
Banned

Great analysis, Karla. If only some of our sports handicappers could be as logical as you, I would listen more! LOL! I agree that the Philly line is high, but I can't be overly confident in Oakland, although that would be my small lean.

Here are my EARLY picks: Best Bets (Pitt, SF, Und Philly)

Pitt -3 (I've got to keep playing against NE on this early harsh schedule)

SF +6 1/2 (I'd love to get 7 or more here, but I think SF will hang in there after last week's debacle)

Cinn -3 (I've just got a feeling the public is going to jump on the Bears and I love to play contrarian)

GB +3 1/2 (This once proud organization still has some fight left, especially at home as a dog)

Under 46 Phl/Oak (like to see a chess match type game here, as the two teams are unfamiliar with each other)

Under 47 Ind/Cle (Tough to play the under with Indy, but I like this side small)
Old 26th September 2005, 02:45 AM
Banned

Hey Mad, You're gettng your wish as St. L is now up to 7 but I'm sure you've already made your play. That time diff is a pain. I just read an analysis on the game and St. L is playing on Artificial turf for the first time this season. Tenn is 2-10 ATS on art Turf and off the grudge match w/ Balt. St L is tough at home, but I agree with you're take on the spread looking high. I'm staying away from this one. Good luck.

Karla, the Alamo Dome ini San Antonio has Artificial turf and the LSU Tiger stadium in Baton Rouge is natural grass. I am 99% sure of these but I haven't
verified it. The Philly line is up to 9 right now.

Sticking with my earlier plays, but a little scared of the Pitt play.

SF +6- ***
Und 46 Phl/Oak ***
Pitt -3 **
Und 47 Ind/Cle **
GB +3- **
Cinn -3 *1/2

Good Luck everyone in Week 3.
Old 26th September 2005, 02:13 PM

Thanks for that info SS.

My beer is filled with tears. Very very bad day. Just shows that 2 weeks of stats leads to mis judgements. Interceptions Carolina 2 minutes to go and Chicago 5 and New Orleans 2 plus the opening fumble and 2 weeks winnings is now else where.

Desperate now for KC to win a low scoring contest tomorrow.
Old 26th September 2005, 02:30 PM

Good weekend of footy there Ladies and Gents, some nice calls there Saratoga.

What happened to my Steelers? Flippin' Brady and field goals will be the death of me! Didn't see the game unfortunately but Roethlisberger's stats 12/28 216 don't look all that flash. Although the underdog always seems to ruin the winning runs of the opposing team in this series, coupled with the fact the Pats would want to bounce back after last week - Always easy to pick them afterwards though.

Vikings???????? Three touchdowns from Culpepper and some rookie?????? Didn't see that one coming, although Saints third week on the road. I think i read too much into last weeks game against the Giants. Brooks 12/32 didn't help i suppose.

Oakland were unlucky, i think they are a better team than 0-3. Probably just the sort of game they needed to help them gel, expect some wins from this team soon.

Bengals in good form, thanks Karla for your accurate description of Bears performance to date. Spot on the money, Bengals 3-0 set themselves up very nicely for the season now.

Just finished watching Giants vs Chargers. Giants woeful defence, absolutely no answer for LT. Impressed with Manning, the boy can play however not sure if his receivers make him look good or the other way round. With little running game i think they will be a risky proposition to back this year particularly against good passing defences. As for Chargers just saw their schedule for next month or so, thought New England had a tough schedule, have a look at what the Chargers have got. They really needed to be 3-0 at this stage or at least 2-1, think it will be tough for them now but stranger things have happened so i guess we'll have to wait and see. Wonder how they would go if you could shut down LT.

All in all an average week for me. Decided to go with some road teams with points this time, shoulda stuck with the tried and true Home-Dogs with Miami, Packers and 9'ers all getting up with the points. Some close ones but thems the breaks. Bring on next week.
Old 26th September 2005, 06:18 PM

Struggling at the moment with the last game of the round.

Denver shut down San Diego's running game last week, albeit mostly LT. I didn't see the game so i am just going on stats there. Denver don't seem to have much of a running game, at least not one that will be dominant. That leaves a scenario whereby the Chiefs are the more balanced side rushing and passing but are very susceptible to a passing game as witnessed against Oakland. Oakland kept ignoring an open Moss all night! So the question is, How good is the Denver passing game? Good enough at home i wonder. Any suggestions?

Me thinks No is the answer. Oakland are a good side, better than the Broncos. Either way i don't see the Broncos dominating, so therefore a close game is likely given that the Broncos are playing at home - worst case. So given that the Chiefs are the more balanced, if not better team, taking the Chiefs with the points is the way to go.

Ok, I'm with you Karla - best of luck to us.
Old 27th September 2005, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad
Struggling at the moment with the last game of the round.

Denver shut down San Diego's running game last week, albeit mostly LT. I didn't see the game so i am just going on stats there. Denver don't seem to have much of a running game, at least not one that will be dominant. That leaves a scenario whereby the Chiefs are the more balanced side rushing and passing but are very susceptible to a passing game as witnessed against Oakland. Oakland kept ignoring an open Moss all night! So the question is, How good is the Denver passing game? Good enough at home i wonder. Any suggestions?

Me thinks No is the answer. Oakland are a good side, better than the Broncos. Either way i don't see the Broncos dominating, so therefore a close game is likely given that the Broncos are playing at home - worst case. So given that the Chiefs are the more balanced, if not better team, taking the Chiefs with the points is the way to go.

Ok, I'm with you Karla - best of luck to us.

That was a good call.