Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th March 2003, 11:43 AM

Sat 8/3
Need the advice of the experts.

In recent weeks I have been reading the Steward Reports on WA meetings in order that I may pick a winner at odds - so far not so good.

Saturday there are 2 - PURE PENNY race 6 and BLUE NEON race 7.

Informed opinion on these two please guys.

Old 8th March 2003, 10:29 AM

Pure Penny is a definite chance Redcraze. I have rated in first four. Looks to be suited by the 1400m.

Blue Neon is likely to get well back from a wide draw, but I expect will be running on strongly in the straight. Likely to be plenty of speed in the race, which should help. Have rated just outside first 4.

Sandgroper :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-03-08 10:30 ]
Old 8th March 2003, 11:32 AM

There is an excellent Pinjarra Cup assembled for tomorrow with mainly big fields the order of the day on a 9 event card.
Redcraze, I’d add to Sandgroper’s comment about Pure Penny saying I’m not sure where she’ll settle from an awkward draw and with a query or two about her I’ll risk her today.

Today Ascot rail 6m.

R1 – An interesting contest. Selection is 3 BURRINGTON COOMBE, settle forward somewhere and finish off. Last win was a long time ago but over c/d, this race weaker than last week, jock’s been in good form. If odds are good I’ll put something on 4 General Grant, only won 1 race but this is weaker, was given windburn by Instantaneous last start nonetheless had improvement in him, well drawn could race handy-ish. 5 Scenic Cruise a chance, needs speed on. Don’t like Cherry Blossom who might cross and lead, won last 2 easy, has top jock. and fitter, but I’ll risk it.

R2 – Several queries in a good speed race, I’ll tip 2 BLEEPAK to improve on it’s first up, bit unlucky effort. From bar 12 rely on in-form Whiting riding it well. Devil’s Dance is also in R6 a 1400m 3yo race, connections unsure? Virelay 1stup a definite query. Don’t like Ginger Gem, might settle outside lead(ers), hope she’s short cause I’ll risk her.

R3 – This is the race for 1 TAPDOG. No fancy odds (though 5 Killadeas isn’t far on ratings) but he’s ready to salute in town. Bar 9 tricky, may even race forward without tearaway leaders engaged. 3 Super Tom ran improved run last start , has the Wolfe/Hall combo.

R5 – No selection here. Who can run a faster sectional, Instantaneous or Fred Who? They’ll be eye-balling each other at the rear early in this. Open Company debut for exciting Instantaneous. Heart-in-mouth with him. Has good draw today but I guess they’ll ride him the same way. Dare I say it the non-winner Dedicated Miss a chance again today. What to do with Fred Who, up 400m on last start, flopped both runs this dist. as fav. Voltega an on-pacer a chance, Malwalkie is a good horse not ready today but should improve. The toppie well drawn, best dist. Good race.

R8 – Careful here. I’ll go 5 MOGUL to race forward and improve from its 1st up good effort. Had 3 weeks off. They’re backing up Essential Terms quickly after last week’s unlucky effort, good draw. The very good Zoometric runs well fresh, has bad draw.

Top day to all forumites.
Old 9th March 2003, 09:58 PM

Little review and betting flucs from yesterday’s Ascot races run on a genuine fast track. Tomorrow hoping the champ can win with margin in hand.
(I see the scratched Malwalkie is entered for a 1800m race on Thursday. She may not be ready 2ndup where main chances would be Fandang & Miss Polygraph, we’ll see after acceptances.)

R1 – Flashing finish from Scenic Cruise(13/2 6), was near last at turn. Sandgroper, what do we do with the Star Trekking form of last week? 4th and 5th in that race were B.Coombe and Kalgoorlie, both did nought today in a weaker race. Latest Sovereign(20) ran grand race in front for 2nd. (1.29.52 35.15)

R2 – Parnham trained Precious Lady(3 7/2) deserved to break through after 11 sts. Good run by dual acceptor Brazilian led till near post. Bleepak(4 9/2) wide, wilted. (1.4.39 35.05)

R3 – In a slowly run event Tapdog(7/4) box seated, shot clear with the 57kg. Super Tom(9/2 4) ran a shocker. (2.20.28 35.36)

R4 – Front running speed display from Rose of Thunder(5/2 11/4) winning the Magic Millions. Woodlore(16) 3rd is by Ravaneux, bursting for a 1400m race. (1.4.58 35.33)

R5 – Plonk of the day landed on Dedicated Miss(11/4 5/2 3 9/4) with well-timed run from super hoop PHarvey. Speed mappers may have predicted this on-pace dominated event, giving some fancied backmarkers less chance. (1.36.65 34.62)

R6 – Dual acceptor Devil’s Dance(4 5 9/2) brought the top Bunbury form to the big smoke when led t/o in fast time. That’s 5 wins last 6 sts. Another promising type by Dauberval is Early Express. King Canute 4th, ready for a 1600m race. (1.22.83 35.47)

R7 – Class record win by improving Cool Eyed(6 5) who had run top 3rd last start. She crossed from the wide gate with ease. Gilligan’s Girl only 7th, but a definite improver. (1.3.75 34.32)

R8 – Betting drift didn’t matter as the resuming Zoometric(4 7) ‘flooded home’ giving SMiller a winning double, nailing Mogul(7/4 9/4). This probably was career best run, has returned with a bang. Final Prospect(9 12) 3rd settled outside lead in fast run race, held on very well. (1.10.26 35.35)

Ripper week to all.

[ This Message was edited by: red on 2003-03-09 22:05 ]
Old 10th March 2003, 03:40 PM

Quote:

On 2003-03-09 21:58, red wrote:
Sandgroper, what do we do with the Star Trekking form of last week? 4th and 5th in that race were B.Coombe and Kalgoorlie, both did nought today in a weaker race.

R8 – Betting drift didn’t matter as the resuming Zoometric(4 7) ‘flooded home’ giving SMiller a winning double, nailing Mogul(7/4 9/4). This probably was career best run, has returned with a bang.

I think you may have been overestimating the chances of Kalgoorlie and Burrington Coombe on Saturday red. Kalgoorlie was only beaten 2.75 lengths on Saturday after being slowly away. Start before he was beaten 3.25 lengths behind Star Trekking. So, not that bad a run.

Comparable run by Burrington Coombe on Saturday. Beaten 3.5 length over 1500m with 56kg. Start before beaten 3.25 lengths behind Star Trekking, same weight over 1400m, a distance more suitable.

As for Zoometric. Was my rating special of the day and in the end won easily, rating below best, so plenty of room for improvement. :wink:

Nice prediction re Pure Penny red, very disappointing run. Also nice effort Saturday – winners Scenic Cruise, Tapdog, Dedicated Miss and Zoometric all mentioned in your summation.

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-03-10 15:41 ]
Old 10th March 2003, 03:44 PM

red, just perused the stewards report for Saturday. Looks like both Kalgoorlie and Burrington Coombe were a little unlucky, in particular Kalgoorlie :wink:

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2003-03-10 15:45 ]
Old 11th March 2003, 05:27 AM

Ok thanks for that Sandgroper, 7/1 specials are dream bets, well done.
I suppose I should create a thread called 'Albany' but in a few words Wed. R2 4 Truck Talk could be exciting. Fast win only run maiden c/d by 7len, 3rd placed 8.5len away has since won(2nd hasn't run yet). No prizes if it wins as it could be short. Joshua's Star for multiples.
Till Thursday Ascot.

[ This Message was edited by: red on 2003-03-11 06:45 ]
Old 12th March 2003, 04:45 PM

CYCLONE RUBY Race 4 1800m

Seems to be a slow beginner and forever finding trouble.

Any thoughts?
Old 12th March 2003, 07:58 PM

I fancy Glitch on an each way basis in race 5 Ascot Thursday.
He will probably settle back but will be 2kg down on last start while Abu Dhabi one of two obvious chances is up 2kg.
Paris Bank with no weight change will also be midfield to back and has a wide draw. Glitch will have 3 1/2kgs weight in his favour.
Any thoughts.
Old 13th March 2003, 05:09 AM

Today Ascot rail 9m.

R3 – I’ll give 5 KONTIKI SIR another chance with PHarvey on top. Warning Tune up to the 58.5kg an ask and Magic Dash thereabouts as well.

R4 – Her 2 wins been over shorter distances but last start was a good leader’s effort by 4 MISS POLYGRAPH, her first run over the c/d. Fandang ready for the 1800m and bit unlucky l.s, Blue Nonna fast finishing 2nd over c/d l.s.
Redcraze, I think Whiting has preferred Fandang over Cyclone Ruby, though she ran her best race over the c/d 3sts ago, maybe trifectas.

R5 – Agree with the three you mentioned General Gym. I’ll tip 2 PARIS BANK to have a better run this time and the 3 weeks off hopefully not a problem. Glitch a chance on that weight turnaround and Abu Dhabi an onpacer to be in front of those two rounding the bend. All three runners are also nominated for a 1800m race Saturday.

R7 – Are they trying to give the toppie some confidence by running in this? Big class drop for 1 BEYOND DISPUTE, might even race forward this time, 1500m is ok. Key Flyer wouldn’t shock by improving 2ndup, Beau Pago with PHarvey might lead unchallenged.

R8 – 3 main chances for me are 1 End Path, 2 Urastat, 5 Plain Jo. Might just back the two with longest odds, and a couple of roughies as savers. Plain Jo also nominated for a 1200m race Saturday.

Till Saturday where we’ll see the 3rd clash between Early Express and Mercury’s Halo, it’s 1-1 now.