Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th October 2007, 07:08 AM
Suspended.

I'm sure Aidan O'Brien was the same bloke that brought out Vintage Crop and that other horse [can't remember it's name]. Vintage crop was the underdog of the two [ho ho].

The same plan this time? Maher is here to help set up the race for Scorpion I think and is the one to watch as the smokey but we don't know how well he will settle in.

Duro Valley had every chance to win last start and couldn't. Blue Monday got held up a bit in the straight but wouldn't have had a hope of catching Master O'rielly who ran the Caulfield Cup very close to the race record. The Fuzz ran a great race yesterday.

I think the uneven conditions of the new Flemington track will have a big say in the MC outcome, but I wouldn't want to be on anything running next to the fence!
Old 25th October 2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
I'm sure Aidan O'Brien was the same bloke that brought out Vintage Crop and that other horse [can't remember it's name]. Vintage crop was the underdog of the two [ho ho].

I think Dermot Weld trained Vintage Crop, & also trained Media Puzzle, didn't he?
Old 25th October 2007, 07:18 AM
Suspended.

You might be right there. The old memory isn't what it used to be :-)
Old 25th October 2007, 10:52 AM

Thanks chuck. Is the acceptance after CC?. If no, can I say that Duoro Valley is higher than 27 as of now? Do advise if you know. Thanks.
Old 25th October 2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzfan
I think Dermot Weld trained Vintage Crop, & also trained Media Puzzle, didn't he?

Correct. Aiden O'Brien trained Yeats.
Old 25th October 2007, 11:43 AM
Suspended.

Yeats and Scorpion - courtesy of the RacingPost

Sunday was a day for horses with courage. At Doncaster Mahler fought hard to hold his place at the head of affairs in the St Leger, sticking his neck out as far as he could, and had he not stumbled he may have won. Stablemate Honolulu was flying at the finish but neither of them could repel John Gosden’s giant of a horse, Lucarno. Lucarno gave Gosden his first St Leger, and rider Jimmy Fortune his first classic.

Meanwhile in Ireland Yeats secured his and his trainers first ********** St Leger but stablemate Scorpion did not go down without a brave fight. Yeats showed just how classy he is, and how determined he and his jockey are.

You had to feel sorry for Scorpion who gave his all. But the St. Leger win came after Yeats was beaten in his two previous attempts and perhaps the 5 year old Scorpion will be back next year to win his.

Kieren Fallon held Yeats in mid-division as Scorpion, under Seamus Heffernan, held a comfortable lead throughout much of the race. Two furlongs out, Scorpion seemed to find another gear and spurted three lengths clear of the field.

Fallon had Yeats under a stiff drive and at first didn’t appear to make any headway on the leader. Fallon kept after his charge, and Yeats dug in and gradually wore down Scorpion to win by a half-length.
Old 25th October 2007, 06:18 PM

Anyone know how Scorpion (and Mahler) are going? I heard they lost a fair bit of weight on the way over but judging by the betting I assume they're working ok..
Old 25th October 2007, 07:34 PM

Mahler lost 6 kg and Scorpion lost 5 kg after the flight over which is normal they both ate on the way over and have fed since then. They worked at Sandown just a light cantor nothing serious as yet. Ive backed Scorpion a while ago and i think it will be in with a good chance although Mahler has been backed in quite abit. I still like the 61-1 i got about On a Jeune!
Old 25th October 2007, 10:22 PM

Thanks for that Northern. Re OAJ, I'm with you, I got on @ 100/1 before the EI reframed the market.
04/08/200720:1404/08/2007Win2007 MELBOURNE CUP (ALL IN) ON A JEUNE. All In Betting 101

I don't think it's going well enough at the moment, I hope I'm wrong though, I like the horse, although it did cost me a few bob for very little outlay when it ran 2nd to the mare a couple of years back when I had a Derby/Cup double of Benicio/OAJ before the Geelong Cup at 5000/1.

I hope you're on a winner, although a mate of mine told me on the weekend that it had buckleys because no horse starting with O has ever won the cup. I hope it draws barrier 18 and ********s it in lol. GL.
Old 26th October 2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

Happy to be on Master Orielly 13's now into 5's
On A Juene 61's now into 17's
Black Tom 51's now out to 81's..
i'm having a spec bet on red Lord at the 151's ,,incase he wins very well tomorrow,,

I really think the Master looks way to good.....heard something about On a Jeune that he has bad legs ??? maybe thats why the diffferent prep this year...