Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th May 2012, 11:37 AM

Smile Calling Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I had a look at your rating of various form information on a 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 basis and totaling for each horse to give an overall rating. It certainly zeroes in on the main chances and not always the prepost favourite. At Caulfield the top rated (on my 11 form factors) gave Magnifique Soliel, Stratcombe and Classy Chloe.

When you calculate your odds are you totaling all the ratings for the race and dividing by each horse's individual rating to give a price? Or do you have another approach?

I would have thought that if you calculated the price (as above) the favourites price would always be quite high. Do you agree?
Old 15th May 2012, 12:10 PM

Once i have a rated market this is the process i use to create a price, works great with the ratings i am using.

http://www.racebase.co.nz/market.htm

Not sure if you have downloaded any of the sheets i use.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsm Consensus Ratings 2012.xlsm (7.60 MB, 502 views)

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 15th May 2012, 12:28 PM

Smile

Hi Shaun,

That's some very detailed information - well done and a bit further advanced than I am with Excel!

I only used information from the Sportsman to put together a simple approach to your rating system.

I'll run up some prices based on my figures and see how they "look".

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Old 15th May 2012, 12:41 PM

Np, take a look at that site i have found it one of the best ways to price a market.

--moeee
Old 16th May 2012, 10:46 AM

I use that same site to provide the odds on my points based ratings as well. I've only recently started using my spreadsheet again since putting it together last spring carnival. I've given it a bit of a facelift and adjusted some of the scoring recently which seems to have improved the ratings.

I've also added to mine an indicator that shows when a horse is a 'SPECIAL' bet due to certain system criteria being met and it being in my top 5 ratings. I started backtesting this last night on previous races i'd completed ratings on and so far there were 20 'SPECIAL' bets placed for 8 winners and 6 place getters. I didn't have time to work out the POT or winnings but seems like the odds varied from $1.80 through to $7 on the winners.

I'll start to post my ratings again in an old thread i created for interest's sake. Although Shaun are you able to help me get cells from excel to paste into the forum better?

Note my spreadsheet is not automated, but is a pretty simple copy/paste of form from ozeform and takes me about 1-2 mins per race.
Old 16th May 2012, 12:04 PM

I think i used ozeform a few years a go, the key to automating any input is some type of url that can be manipulated such as a numbered system or the ability to import a page with a list of urls, that can be used with a look up feature.

I have a handy bit of code that will display urls in text form so they can be used to open webpage.

Formatting to forum has always been an issue, 2 ways i can do it is copy your info you need displayed in to a text document like note pad the align everything manully.

Or you can use a list feature in BBcode and paste it to the forum, but it need to be suited to this forum.

example, this is not suited but gives an idea.

here is the code

Code:
[table] [tr] [td]Mackay Race 5[/td] [td]Hillross Mackay Plate (C6)[/td] [td]$12000[/td] [td]Class 6[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]No Horse[/td] [td]Rated Price[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td]Place[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]5. Il Cardinale[/td] [td]$2.89[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]8. Hussana[/td] [td]$3.08[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]9. Massuri[/td] [td]$3.08[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]4. Heritage Star[/td] [td]$10.29[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]3. Sir Nick[/td] [td]$11.91[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [/table] [table] [tr] [td]Mackay Race 6[/td] [td]A1 Battery Pro Plate[/td] [td]$50000[/td] [td]Open[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]No Horse[/td] [td]Rated Price[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td]Place[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]2. Blackjack Davey[/td] [td]$2.50[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]3. Maximum Command[/td] [td]$4.36[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]1. Craiglea Tequila[/td] [td]$4.70[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]7. Craiglea Carina[/td] [td]$5.98[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]8. Avaladyluck[/td] [td]$5.98[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [/table] [table] [tr] [td]Mackay Race 7[/td] [td]Affordable Rv Transport Hcp-C2[/td] [td]$10000[/td] [td]Class 2[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]No Horse[/td] [td]Rated Price[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td]Place[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]9. Sweet Vamp[/td] [td]$1.93[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]8. Sheza Falvelon[/td] [td]$3.88[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]12. Craiglea Marlena[/td] [td]$5.33[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]1. Brother Bob[/td] [td]$7.97[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]3. Jazzshinko[/td] [td]$11.29[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [/table] [table] [tr] [td]Mackay Race 8[/td] [td]B B Print (Bm79)[/td] [td]$10000[/td] [td]Benchmark 79[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]No Horse[/td] [td]Rated Price[/td] [td]Win[/td] [td]Place[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]9. You Done It Again[/td] [td]$2.82[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]5. Impala[/td] [td]$3.47[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]1. Jad[/td] [td]$4.81[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]4. Pegunny Roy[/td] [td]$5.83[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]3. Carmenator[/td] [td]$6.47[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr] [/table]

If you learn this stuff for this forum you can add it to an excel sheet that links to your info so it automatically prints it out, you then just need to copy pate it.

I did have some formatted for the forum some time ago but changed it to suit other needs.

--moeee
Old 16th May 2012, 04:39 PM

Hi Shaun,

took a quick look at that link and also your XL file(hope you dont mind?) - it opens ok but I keep getting following error message...

Run-time error '438'

Object doesn't support this property or method.

Any ideas what might be happening here??

Cheers LG