Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th August 2005, 07:51 PM

Unlike at Lords, where we basically never lose, Australia has a poor record at Edgebaston only winning 3 from 11.
Old 4th August 2005, 08:04 PM

theyre droppin em in short of a length and the poms are still gettin on the front foot great pitch
Old 4th August 2005, 08:27 PM

Yep. I bet Ponting wishes he could have that toss decision all over again.
Old 4th August 2005, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Apparently, the pitch is likely to be a bowler's dream, so if England wins the toss, it will give them a chance.

Well, how silly that prediction has turned out to be. Perhaps all of that talk about the bowler friendly pitch in England was simply to get Ponting to send them in.
Old 5th August 2005, 09:12 AM

Not to bad a result all things considered.
If the poms can score 407 on this wicket what score is reasonable for the Aussie batsmen? 600 doesn't seem too unlikely assuming no collapse.
Sportz's suggestion of letting the Aussies get out to close to $2 seems to be spot on.

Old 5th August 2005, 09:26 AM

Yep. Backed England at $4 and then got Australia at $3 at lunch time. As I said, I haven't outlayed a huge amount though, because I don't trust the English weather. Those that couldn't bet last night could still get $2 now about Australia.

This is the method I use for almost every Australian test. I back the opposition prior to the test at big odds. Then I wait for Australia to get into trouble (which they almost always do) and back Australia at over $2. I usually rule out the draw altogether, because Australia just don't tend to play draws. However, if I'm worried about the weather, I bet lower amounts. That's what I've done here.

Last edited by Sportz : 5th August 2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 5th August 2005, 09:41 AM
Banned

I backed aust to win the ashes 3-1 as i thought THIS test could be the one they have trouble winning , Ponting is not HALF the captain as Steve Waugh was,sitting there and nearly fell off my chair when he said we'll have a bowl ,only result is ENGALND win or a DRAW.
Old 5th August 2005, 10:09 AM

Nah Aussies will win or it will be a draw. I watched the entire days play and i tell you that pitch is a batting paradise. Aussies will make 500-600 in 2days and warne will bowl england out. Warne was turning the ball 2ft on the first day so lookout lol.
Old 5th August 2005, 10:37 AM

Yep, i'm with you racingnovice.

Aussies can make 600 by lunchtime Saturday and take a healthy lead into 2nd innings - 200 or so. Have another crack at the Poms, all out by end of play Sunday. Leaving Monday to win at their leisure. At least thats the plan.

Updated forecast has heavy rain over there at the moment expected to clear by 10 am, in time for the start of play. Good weather then expected for the remainder of the test. Moisture levels and the related effects on the pitch might be the only concern.
Old 5th August 2005, 02:39 PM
Banned

I give england a real chance.... they have runs on board. All depends on Hayden and Langer , if they go out and play like they did on day one first test, they can leave too much work for middle/lower order.

No doubt that arrogance , not england are biggest worry, and ricky ponting is he tactically bankrupt??