Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th January 2006, 11:15 AM

Lightbulb ATP 4th January - Hopman Cup

Nicolas Kiefer over Gaston Gaudio @ $1.48

Source: Pinnacle Sports
Stake: 1.5 Units

Germany is favourite to win the Hopman Cup and have started their campaign off well, therefore there is no questioning the motivation of Kiefer here to give it his best. Kiefer looked impressive in his straight sets win over Arthurs, breaking Arthurs at will and holding his serve with ease. In contrast, Gaudio was beaten in straight sets by Wessels in his first match, unable to find a rythm on his serve and continuosly foot faulting. Kiefer will have no problems with his high ball toss at Burswood Dome as it is indoors. I can't see Gaudio going through a set without being broken, he is half the player he is on clay when he steps out onto hardcourt. Kiefer in two.

Sorry about the late notice here, Kiefers price has also come in, however I got on early enough to get the ~$1.50 odds

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Betting slip.JPG
Views: 632
Size:  32.8 KB  
Old 4th January 2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
Tomas Berdych over Andy Murray @ $1.84

Stake: 0.5 Units

Last time the two met Berdych had a number of chances to win the match, and should have taken them. Berdych finished last year off well beating the likes of Ljubicic, Ferrero, Stepanek and Coria. If he carries that form to Australia then this should be an easy win for the Czech. Murray on the other hand only really had one good tournament on hc, making the final in Thailand where he was beaten by Federer. However, for the majority of last year Murray played Challengers and even some Futures. I don't believe he is at the level where he can consitantly beat quality players such as Berdych, however, that doesn't mean the Brits can't hype him up as the next big thing.

Sorry about the late notice, I took Berdych for 0.5 units at $1.84 when the market came out but was too tired to post a writeup. Match starts in 30 mins.

Not till tomorrow guys. Sorry!
Old 4th January 2006, 12:31 PM

Mario Ancic V Xavier Malisse.

Who would you back?
Old 4th January 2006, 03:12 PM

Hi betsy

Happy new year and all the best to you and other forum tennis punters and I hope we all have a great punting year.

I will attempt to post my selections here as best I can. Telstra upgraded our telephone box and at least the dial-up is reliable but slow as snails. I haven't the time to post detailed explainations of each match.

I am busy now but will come back later in the week with an explanation of my selection methods.

Today I am on

Karlovic bt Carlsen $1.50 (Adelaide)
Hrbaty bt Phillipousis $1.36 (Adelaide)
Youzhny bt Sanguinetti $1.45 (Doha)
Ascione bt Behrend $1.65 (Chennai)
Tursanov bt El Anouyi $1.40???? (Doha)

All selection are from an age situation which is 215 wins - 81 losses since 2003 for an ROI of 5%.

This is my most marginal system and right on my minimum % so I am playing these selections for 1/2 unit only this year.

Karla
Old 4th January 2006, 04:04 PM

Thumbs up 7-0, +4.27 Units (SR 100%, ROI 33%)

Quote:
Nicolas Kiefer over Gaston Gaudio @ $1.48

Stake: 1.5 Units

Germany is favourite to win the Hopman Cup and have started their campaign off well, therefore there is no questioning the motivation of Kiefer here to give it his best. Kiefer looked impressive in his straight sets win over Arthurs, breaking Arthurs at will and holding his serve with ease. In contrast, Gaudio was beaten in straight sets by Wessels in his first match, unable to find a rythm on his serve and continuosly foot faulting. Kiefer will have no problems with his high ball toss at Burswood Dome as it is indoors. I can't see Gaudio going through a set without being broken, he is half the player he is on clay when he steps out onto hardcourt. Kiefer in two.

Sorry about the late notice here, Kiefers price has also come in, however I got on early enough to get the ~$1.50 odds

Kiefer beats Gaudio in straight sets, 6-3, 6-3

Good to see you back Karla, good luck with your plays

Kitch - sorry I couldn't get back to you before the start of play, just got off the golf course. I wouldn't touch it, Ancic was in poor form at the end of 05 and Xavier Malisse is talented but unpredictable at the best of times.

No more plays for today, unless I take Moodie over Monfils at $2.91
Old 4th January 2006, 05:13 PM

Lightbulb ATP 4th January - Doha

------------------------------------------
ATP Tour '06 Betting Overview

Selections: 7
Won: 7
Lost: 0
SR: 100%
Staked: 13 Units
Return: 17.27 Units
Profit: 4.27 Units
ROI: 32.9%
------------------------------------------

First underdog for '06!

Wesley Moodie over Gael Monfils @ $3.10

Source:
Centrebet
Stake: 0.27 Units

This one is overs! The big serving South African should show some fight in this matchup. He has posted some great results coming into this season and has continued to impress with a three set win over Max Mirnyi in his first round at Doha. Monfils is one of the up and coming youngsters who hasn't yet reached the high expectations thrust upon him after a successful junior career. He is still learning and, like Murray, is yet to show that he can consistently beat quality opponents. Monfils 12-10 '05 hardcourt record is slightly skewed by his finals appearance late last year in his home country France. Other than this result Monfils results were average at best. Moodie may prove too experienced for the Frenchman and I can see this one being won in three tight sets. I rate Monfils a 60% chance at best here, therefore the $3+ available at Centrebet is worth a small go.

Good luck

Betsy
Attached Files
File Type: xls Betting Records 2006.xls (62.0 KB, 613 views)
Old 5th January 2006, 03:39 AM

hi betsy,

ive always checked your tips with great interest. im just a tennis fan who has the odd small bet here and there nothing serious, but this year im going to try to keep a record and do it more seriously.

im following your bets and i will post anything thats takes my fancy as well!

glad to see you backed an underdog as last year i got so fed up of losing on short priced favourites that i decided to only go on the close matches and this returned me much better!

congratulations on 7 out of 7 so far!
Old 5th January 2006, 07:06 AM

Hrbaty to beat Philippoussis @ 1.44

Hrbaty is a good all court player and should have too much for Philipoussis who has struggled for ages and only got past the 2nd round twice last year (i think). Hrbaty also beat him last year indoors and shouldn't have too many problems even against the Aussie crowd. I would have expected Hrbaty to be shorter then 1.44 hence why i've got on it.
Old 5th January 2006, 10:10 AM

Thumbs down First loss (only 0.27 units though)

Quote:

First underdog for '06!

Wesley Moodie over Gael Monfils @ $3.10

Source: Centrebet
Stake: 0.27 Units

This one is overs! The big serving South African should show some fight in this matchup. He has posted some great results coming into this season and has continued to impress with a three set win over Max Mirnyi in his first round at Doha. Monfils is one of the up and coming youngsters who hasn't yet reached the high expectations thrust upon him after a successful junior career. He is still learning and, like Murray, is yet to show that he can consistently beat quality opponents. Monfils 12-10 '05 hardcourt record is slightly skewed by his finals appearance late last year in his home country France. Other than this result Monfils results were average at best. Moodie may prove too experienced for the Frenchman and I can see this one being won in three tight sets. I rate Monfils a 60% chance at best here, therefore the $3+ available at Centrebet is worth a small go.

Good luck

Betsy

Moodie lost 7-6 6-4

Good fight by the South African, he was playing with a shoulder injury in the second set and managed to hold serve 4 times out of 5. As suspected the match was much closer than the odds predicted, and although bookies don't care whether its close or not, I'm happy with the result. No pressure to keep a perfect record now, haha.

bobjoe66 - Thanks for the kind words, good luck with the Hrbaty bet. Nice to have someone contributing to the thread.

Today we have:

Tomas Berdych over Andy Murray - 0.5 Units (Small play)
As posted yesterday

Also looking into Kiefer over Wessels at Hopman Cup and maybe even Dent over Johansson. Will post the plays (if any) after analysis.

Good luck and happy punting
Betsy
Old 5th January 2006, 10:33 AM
Colorblind

Hello Betsy. I´m a newcomer in this forum living in Sweden. Very intrested in tennis and bets around it. Will follow your page as an hawk.
Can tell one thing about Johansson. According to swedish texttv he have big problems with a bad foot and some strange skininfection.
Thomas sais: i have had feber and my right foot was swallowed as a football.Says further that he have had big porblems recent days and was very happy to win today. Sorry my poor spelling. I´m backing Taylor. Goodnight from a cold Sweden